Home

<-Perfect Sliders 2015->

This is a discussion on <-Perfect Sliders 2015-> within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: <-Perfect Sliders 2015->

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Is it cheating to have the hot and cold zones showing for opponent? I figure IRL they would know this data and call pitches accordingly.
I have API set to default, so the catcher calls the pitches for me. I really enjoy that set up. It is a game within a game.

In regards to the sliders, I lost 2-0 during a fictional spring training game. I drew about five walks and hit into 3 double plays. I saw some things that I haven't seen yet playing with default sliders. A few infield singles and a couple of gappers that would have been outs. I will keep playing with these. Great work PB.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 04-06-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #50
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I have API set to default, so the catcher calls the pitches for me. I really enjoy that set up. It is a game within a game.

In regards to the sliders, I lost 2-0 during a fictional spring training game. I drew about five walks and hit into 3 double plays. I saw some things that I haven't seen yet playing with default sliders. A few infield singles and a couple of gappers that would have been outs. I will keep playing with these. Great work PB.
I also pitch with the API on and it solves a multitude of issues, not the least of which is lack of Human walks.

On the topic of this thread, I've been using PB's sliders for what seems like forever and this set is fantastic to start off with. I think there might need to be a tweak here and there, but it may be simply because I play on HOF across the board.

Thanks again, PB. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 05:47 AM   #51
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

well i played a few games, the sliders and such are great feels realistic, though i just cannot stand pulse pitching. i feel like i spend most of my time just trying too hard to wait for the perfect moment to hit the button, also kind of makes me feel nauseous a little trying too much at that damn pulse lol.

maybe i should just not care about waiting and hit the x whenever i set where i am aiming and just hope when i hit x that is when the pulse is it's smallest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #52
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Still trying to find my ideal set. Fired these up last night just using classic pitching in lieu of pulse (which makes my head hurt). Well, I played one game as the Mets versus the Nats....which lasted 25 bloody innings before Strasburg (who was pitching in relief) hit a sac fly with runners on 2nd and 3rd....I wasn't even mad...just happy it was over

Impressions:
  • Excellent variety in hit types
  • I could definitely tell when I was using a strikeout pitcher (versus a groundball guy or control artist).
  • These fielding settings feel dead-on to me.
  • I forgot to look at the strike percentage at the end of the game....but I checked periodically throughout the game (as a measure of my own plate discipline) and they were consistently in the 60s.
I know as well as anyone that one game (even one lasting 25 innings) is not enough sample size. However, I am one that believes that core animations and AI responses should dictate one's slider settings (and if those are set well, the stats will follow). I think you may have nailed them here....

Oh yes....and these are totally compatible with Classic pitching....
Old 04-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
<-Perfect Sliders 2015->

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Still trying to find my ideal set. Fired these up last night just using classic pitching in lieu of pulse (which makes my head hurt). Well, I played one game as the Mets versus the Nats....which lasted 25 bloody innings before Strasburg (who was pitching in relief) hit a sac fly with runners on 2nd and 3rd....I wasn't even mad...just happy it was over

Impressions:
  • Excellent variety in hit types
  • I could definitely tell when I was using a strikeout pitcher (versus a groundball guy or control artist).
  • These fielding settings feel dead-on to me.
  • I forgot to look at the strike percentage at the end of the game....but I checked periodically throughout the game (as a measure of my own plate discipline) and they were consistently in the 60s.
I know as well as anyone that one game (even one lasting 25 innings) is not enough sample size. However, I am one that believes that core animations and AI responses should dictate one's slider settings (and if those are set well, the stats will follow). I think you may have nailed them here....

Oh yes....and these are totally compatible with Classic pitching....
Damn 25 innings? Amazing.

Yeah I switched back to classic pitching and dynamic default difficulty. Perfect mix for me. I couldn't hit the ball on all star yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #54
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
well i played a few games, the sliders and such are great feels realistic, though i just cannot stand pulse pitching. i feel like i spend most of my time just trying too hard to wait for the perfect moment to hit the button, also kind of makes me feel nauseous a little trying too much at that damn pulse lol.

maybe i should just not care about waiting and hit the x whenever i set where i am aiming and just hope when i hit x that is when the pulse is it's smallest.

Yep same here
Old 04-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #55
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: <-Perfect Sliders 2015-> - NOW RELEASED

Some of the sliders that I have changed are as a result of playing on HOF with QC. And for those wondering, these sliders generally work great with those settings, because PB tends to not go to extremes manipulating sliders, which is one of the reasons I use these sliders year in year out.

But there's common sliders irregardless of settings and the one that I'm finding might need some tweaking once I have a bigger sample size is the relationship between Baserunner Speed and OF Arm Strength. With both being at 4, I'm finding a few too many OF assists. At least so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #56
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quick question, are you guys using guess pitch at all? Played 3 games last night, and I know that's a small sample, but I could hardly hit. I wasn't using guess pitch, just waiting for a pitch I liked and pushing X. Just wanted to make sure I'm using these sliders as intended before I go further. Everything else about them is excellent so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »