Home

Itbeme23 Sliders - Vet Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching Emphasis on Accurate Strike %

This is a discussion on Itbeme23 Sliders - Vet Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching Emphasis on Accurate Strike % within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #65
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Itbeme23 Sliders - Vet Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching Emphasis on Accurate Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfire2001
Thanks. Both of the home runs came on mistake pitches. Hanging change for Morrison and a hanging slider for ackley. What killed was the walks. I didn't pound the strike zone enough With the "KING". Can't wait for game 2.
cool numbers break down, and hey a HR is a HR man LOL relish it!!!- I will play another game tomorrow and see what results I got - ahhh good ol mistake HR all good - the one I hit with mercer was pure luck i say that because the one i hit with polanco was crushed and felt great LOL Mercers was like did i pop it up LOL - Cole has electric stuff i left a lot of pitches around the plate but his stuff got him away with it - i'm going to use Liriano next game and see two things...1. can i control the classic pitching aspect and 2. what happens when you leave hitable pitches in the strike zone and i'll play against boston another good hitting team in fenway and see how these numbers come about
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #66
Rookie

xCULLO's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Itbeme23 Sliders - Vet Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching Emphasis on Accurate Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Haha. No worries, man. To get the first pitch strike percentage, in the post-game menu (you can check it during the game, as well), go to Pitcher Analysis. There is a toggle option called "Situation", which I believe is the fourth option from the top. Press right on the D-Pad, and that will bring up "First Pitch". That's your first pitch strike percentage. When logging your stats, get first pitch percentages for your starter, as well as "ALL" pitchers, which includes your starters and relievers.

Dude, I honestly haven't seen a dropped ball in the outfield at all yet. I've seen a ball bounce out of the glove when outfielders dive for balls, but of course, those aren't considered errors. Really strange how you've seen so many, and I haven't seen any up to this point. Have you made any changes to the error sliders from default???
Okay got it I will definitely post the first strike percentage in my next box score, and as for the drops I;m not sure what was happening but I haven't seen one in a few games, might have been bad luck? Not sure, but I'll let you know if I see it again.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:16 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Game 2

ANA: 1 5 1 (cpu)
SEA: 2 6 0 (me)

Win: H. Iwakuma (1-0)
Loss: M. Shoemaker(0-1)

Starting Pitching:

M. Shoemaker: 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 83 Pitches, 59 Strikes, 24 Balls, 71% Overall Strikes, 84% First Pitch Strikes

H. Iwakuma: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 96 Pitches, 62 Strikes, 34 Balls, 65% Overall Strikes, 70% First Pitch Strikes

Team Pitching:

ANA: 106 Pitches, 75 Strikes, 31 Balls, 71% Overall Strikes, 74% First Pitch Strikes
SEA: 137 Pitches, 89 Strikes, 48 Balls, 65% Overall Strikes, 67% First Pitch Strikes

Team Strikeouts:

ANA: 7
SEA: 8

Team Walks:

ANA: 3
SEA: 0

Extra Base Hits:
ANA: 2
2B: D.Freese (2)
HR: M. Joyce (1)
.195 avg

SEA: 2
3B: N. Cruz (1)
HR: K. Seger (1)
.167 avg

Error
ANA: M. Shoemaker (1)

Well game two was better. I thought I pounced the strike zone more by looking at the numbers it was almost the same. Shoemaker was killing me on the first Strikes I am not sure if the ai is that smart if you don't swing on the first pitch he just going to kill yea. Anyway looking good so far. A few plays that looked weird to be, I'm hoping it was just a fluke I will keep an eye on it before I say anything I don't want people freaking out just yet until there is more evidence. Anyway great game still plugging along. Oh by the way Trout and Freeze are killing me right now.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:18 AM   #68
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

My next game...

STL 6 13 1(me)
COL 3 8 0

SP's
Wacha - 4.1IP 6H 2R 1BB 5K 66% Strike 70% First Pitch
Lyles - 6IP 8H 3R 1BB 5K 73% Strike 68% First Pitch

Team Pitching
STL - 153 Pitches, 96 Strikes, 57 Balls, 63% Strike, 61% First Pitch
COL - 120 Pitches, 86 Strikes, 34 Balls, 72% Strike, 64 % First Pitch

K's
STL - 9
COL - 7

BB's
STL - 2
COL - 1

XBH's
STL
2B - Heyward
3B - Jay, Grichuk
HR - Holliday, Peralta, Reynolds

COL
2B - Gonzalez, Arenado, Dickerson
3B - Gonzalez
HR - Tulowitzki

This game is so damn good!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #69
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

My first game with these sliders:

SEA: 5 7 2 (me)
OAK: 1 5 0 (CPU)

Win: F. Hernandez
Loss: S. Gray

Team Pitching:

SEA: 149 Pitches, 64% Overall Strikes, 75% First Pitch Strikes
OAK: 120 Pitches, 68% Overall Strikes, 68% First Pitch Strikes

Team Strikeouts:

SEA: 8
OAK: 6

Team Walks:

SEA: 2
OAK: 3

Extra Base Hits:
SEA: 3
HR: Cano, Cruz, Morrison

OAK: 0
Old 04-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #70
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

itbeme23 - I will probably give these a try between today and tomorrow.
I am in between Veteran and All-Star hitting. I think Vet is too easy sometimes, and All-Star too hard sometimes...so I think you are accounting for what I think is the easiest part of Vet hitting...too much contact.

I play pitching and fielding on HoF however, so I will use your sliders with that and let you know how that works out. Maybe I can tweak the pitching and fielding, and you can have a 2nd set which is Vet Hitting/HoF Defense/HoF Pulse Pitching

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 04-02-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #71
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

I've played 2 games with these sliders so far and am experiencing high strikeout numbers for user pitching (averaging 13 strikeouts per game). I'm using pulse pitching instead of classic. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #72
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
I've played 2 games with these sliders so far and am experiencing high strikeout numbers for user pitching (averaging 13 strikeouts per game). I'm using pulse pitching instead of classic. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
Who are you pitching with?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »