Home

Armor & Sword's MLB The Show 15 Timed (Directional)/Classic Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's MLB The Show 15 Timed (Directional)/Classic Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #73
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's MLB The Show 15 Timed (Directional)/Classic Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami592
Does directional hitting add a more realistic stat line than zone hitting?
It is my personal belief that when player ratings are the primary driver it can make for a better statistical outcome.

So with that being said Directional (Timed) hitting IMO gives you that outcome over a 162 game season.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Armor & Sword's MLB The Show 15 Timed (Directional)/Classic Simulation Sliders

Just weighing in to say the latest tweaks gave me a really fun first game with your set.

And Chag Pesach Sameach, brother!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #75
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino MLB The Show 15 Timed (Directional)/Classic Simulation Sli

I just had a really weird game as the Giants vs Diamondbacks. I couldn't do a thing offensively, I only sent 1 over the minimum to the plate. 2 hits, 1 hbp. Both hits resulted in the guy getting thrown out trying to be greedy.

I was using Cain, mowing guys down. 9 K's through 7. Both teams had 1 hit each through 6 innings. The 7th Trumbo hit a solo HR and they scored another also. So I'm thinking no big deal 2-0 I can try to salvage this.....

Nope! 9th inning they add on SIX more runs! I couldn't get anybody out. They batted around. I lost 8-0.

I will admit I have a lack of plate discipline, which also varies depending on if I'm tired or being impatient.

Last edited by dsmith710; 04-03-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 11:44 PM   #76
Rookie

RabidPanther's Arena

How much of a difference would it make playing offense on Dynamic difficulty using these sliders? Because I know I'm not at All-Star capability yet and still need to find my sweet spot on offense. Also, going to try your camera suggestion I feel I have a really hard time picking up balls and strikes, so a change sounds good.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:13 AM   #77
Rookie

NDyse10's Arena

I like the sliders but I do have a question.

To me, classic pitching seems there is little to no skill involved. Is this the intention? To focus on pitcher stats? What would the implications be of doing meter pitching?

Thanks for all your work!
Old 04-04-2015, 02:12 AM   #78
Just started!

With the directional hitting, do you guys aim the left stick in the direction of the pitch on every swing? Or do you just use it situationally? Great sliders btw.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:17 AM   #79
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10
Armor & Sword's MLB The Show 15 Timed (Directional)/Classic Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by murganis
With the directional hitting, do you guys aim the left stick in the direction of the pitch on every swing? Or do you just use it situationally? Great sliders btw.

Situational mate. Have a read of this thread it cleared up any directional hitting questions I had.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...last-year.html

I'm having some cracking games with the latest tweaks! I cannot stop playing this game, it's awesome!

Last edited by ukslamjam; 04-04-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #80
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDyse10
I like the sliders but I do have a question.

To me, classic pitching seems there is little to no skill involved. Is this the intention? To focus on pitcher stats? What would the implications be of doing meter pitching?

Thanks for all your work!
In my opinion the purpose of us using classic pitching is to take as much human error out of it/let the player ratings do the work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »