Home

Graduated Sliders: MLB The Show '15

This is a discussion on Graduated Sliders: MLB The Show '15 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #73
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Graduated Sliders: MLB The Show '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
Now you mentioned no staff changes until off season. Does this go for your scouts as well or do you hire the best ones you can get before spring training?
Like anything else, take it with a grain of salt. I actually fired my hitting coach on May 31st as he had -3 in a few key areas (power and clutch, I believe). The new guy hasn't helped just yet, but it's only been 2 games.

I had no intentions of making a staff change simply because the AI teams don't do this midseason. Not that I've seen, at least.

I too made some adjustments to the presentation, turning back on commentary as I missed it in my RTTS.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Awesome, man. Let me know how they play for you. I'm always trying to keep an eye on an element of the game/slider set, and right now I'm tracking ground ball/fly ball ratios. Obviously certain pitchers will produce different results, but I think it's a start to help with the number of GIDP we see in games.

As for my Tigers, we're 7 games below .500. I feel as though the actual offensive slide the real life Tigers are on was about 2 weeks early in my season, and hasn't relented yet! It's been a rough stretch. I'm not getting production from the leadoff spot, and of all guys, Cabrera is just one of those guys I seem to not be able to hit with. In all honesty, I'm probably trying to do too much with him. Cespedes, Victor, and actually Steven Moya who starts a few days a week in RF have been solid. I also really like Jordan Pacheco who can fill in at 3B/1B/C when needed. He's also a great clutch pinch hitter.

My pitching has been pretty decent, after a horrendous start to the season.
The Tigers are my team also, and to see the skid they are in pains me. They are a very dangerous team but never seem to get it together. I know it's a Marathon and not a sprint though to push through 162 grueling games! Hope it turns around for you. I'm going to be starting a Pirates Franchise, really like Cutch and PNC is lots of fun to play in. I actually chose it for the HR counter in Right Field. Lol
Old 06-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #75
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Going to try fielder run speed down a notch to 2.

I also dropped steal frequency down a notch to default as I shouldn't be seeing Stephen Vogt try and steal 3B. It's happened w others too, and while it does happen, it shouldn't be at that high of a rate in played games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #76
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Actually made a few more changes I'm currently testing out. Looking for more human offense (pitch speed default), and more strikeouts but also less control for human pitchers. Things are close, but these tweaks should see less foul balls by the AI for more swing and misses, but also more BB for their hitters.

If human offense becomes too overpowered, I'll adjust again.

The idea with pitch speed is to represent the fact that the majority of MLB players are pull hitters.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 06-03-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #77
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I also just uploaded these to the vault. OS HoF Graduated Sliders.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:36 PM   #78
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Checking the injury setting shows we're getting good results compared to real MLB. Could be better though.

MLB has 15 players on the 60 day DL. This does not include the minors. That's a 50% long-term/teams ratio.

In my franchise game I counted 35 guys who are injured for 2 or more months in MLB, AAA, and AA combined. That's a long-term injury/team ratio of 39%.

According to that math, the injury setting should increase to about 8.5. So I'm thinking of trying 8 or 9.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #79
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Made some changes to the first post. I'm very happy with where these are right now!

I'm finally seeing the proper balance between LESS foul balls and MORE swings and misses, especially when the AI is batting.

I also brought AI power back to 5 as too many low power guys were going deep.

I'll be keeping a close eye now on the AI offense, but I think it should be fine as they still had 11 hits including a HR in this most recent game with Shane Greene starting.

Pitching now takes some serious focus to hit your spots with accuracy, and I had a couple of frustrating walks in this most recent game.

Anyway, I hope you like the changes. These are now updated on the community slider vault.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #80
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

The last two games have been the most realistic games of the season since making the last changes. Absolutely beautiful results since moving foul ball frequency down to 0.

I've also made the following visual changes which was a BLAST to play with:

Pitching Ball Marker: Off
Pitch Select Display: Off
Vibration: Off

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »