Home

Pulse pitching

This is a discussion on Pulse pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pulse pitching

If I aim for when the circle is fully expanded its usually shrunk to its smallest size by the time I hit the button.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #10
Rookie

Orion2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperDave6609
Personally, I try counting down with the rhythm of the pulse. When I started, I would go "tick, tick, tick" in my head along with the pulse, then start counting "3, 2, 1" at the same rate, then press X on 1. It's become second nature for me now, but your mileage may vary.
Thats the approach I took and it worked for me as well

Only other advice I can give is that if you lose your timing don't be affraid to step off and try again.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
tip: dont focus on trying to get the smallest pulse because by the time u try for it the pulse is already regrowing by the time you press the button. so you're best to just aim your pitch then hit x whenever you are done aiming it. because it will just start driving you crazy if you are too focused on waiting for a small pulse.

plus even if the pulse is big, does not mean it will be a ball, it will go by the pitchers control starts, if he has good control the ball will find the strike zone often either way.
Then why not use classic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

I've tried using Pulse a couple of times, but I really can't make it past one or two batters. It gives me a headache.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #13
Just started!

Has anyone run into accuracy problems with pulse pitching? I can't seem to throw a ball. No matter how big or small the pulse is, the pitch goes EXACTLY where I want it to go. The settings are identical to what I used in 15. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #14
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
tip: dont focus on trying to get the smallest pulse because by the time u try for it the pulse is already regrowing by the time you press the button. so you're best to just aim your pitch then hit x whenever you are done aiming it. because it will just start driving you crazy if you are too focused on waiting for a small pulse.

plus even if the pulse is big, does not mean it will be a ball, it will go by the pitchers control starts, if he has good control the ball will find the strike zone often either way.

So your pro tip is to just spray and pray. Cool.

Further proof that pulse needs love.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:44 PM   #15
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotzd27
Has anyone run into accuracy problems with pulse pitching? I can't seem to throw a ball. No matter how big or small the pulse is, the pitch goes EXACTLY where I want it to go. The settings are identical to what I used in 15. Any help would be appreciated.
Pulse is way too accurate. Even with human sliders at 0 you can throw strikes a solid 90% of the time if you try. When you miss - almost guaranteed the pitch will go right down the middle. Doesn't matter what pitch or where you are aiming it. It doesn't matter your confidence in the pitch (the little ring around the pitch) or your overall confidence. To add to that absolutely terrible "feature" of pulse pitching, when said pitch misses and goes right down the middle, the batter turns into Barry Bonds. Barry after he just did a full month's cycle of PED's 10 minutes before his at bat. Stand up double at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 03:00 AM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Pulse is way too accurate. Even with human sliders at 0 you can throw strikes a solid 90% of the time if you try. When you miss - almost guaranteed the pitch will go right down the middle. Doesn't matter what pitch or where you are aiming it. It doesn't matter your confidence in the pitch (the little ring around the pitch) or your overall confidence. To add to that absolutely terrible "feature" of pulse pitching, when said pitch misses and goes right down the middle, the batter turns into Barry Bonds. Barry after he just did a full month's cycle of PED's 10 minutes before his at bat. Stand up double at least.

That is interesting to hear because I have not tried pulse this year but in the past I found I would walk and throw a lot more balls on pulse pitching then I would on meter or analog. That and being able to watch the pitchers motion where the 2 things I liked about pulse but I didn't like that you cant control speed or break with pulse. So either this is not really true or pulse has gotten much worse then in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »