Home

P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders

This is a discussion on P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
Rookie

MCGREGOR__'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TNK Team (TNKNGM, P.A.D. & HighCompPct) 2015 Hall of Fame Sliders

Today, using these sliders, I hit three triples in one game. The three batters were: Brian Dozier, Joe Mauer, and Torii Hunter. All three runners were in at third easily. Maybe the baserunner speed slider needs to be lowered? This could just be an extreme coincidence.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGREGOR__
Today, using these sliders, I hit three triples in one game. The three batters were: Brian Dozier, Joe Mauer, and Torii Hunter. All three runners were in at third easily. Maybe the baserunner speed slider needs to be lowered? This could just be an extreme coincidence.

Hmm, I'll take a look and see if I notice anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I've been waiting to see some Hall of Fame sliders. I find pitching just too easy on All-Star.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #12
Rookie

uhntissbaby111's Arena

Re: TNK Team (P.A.D. & HighCompPct) 2015 Hall of Fame Sliders

Thanks for making these, gave them a try today and liked them so far. Question on hitting though. I use zone because I feel like it is the most realistic. However, with the balls coming in so fast and a smaller reticle from HoF, how do you use zone? I just place it in a spot where I think the pitch will be coming in and hope I get it? Anyone else use that method?
Old 04-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #13
Banned

Re: TNK Team (P.A.D. & HighCompPct) 2015 Hall of Fame Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Thibs
I agree. I've played 10 games and 6 of them went to extra innings due to comebacks occurring in one of the last couple innings, either by me or the CPU. Most of them were gaps of 4 or more runs and you knew it was going to happen as a snowball started to build in those particular innings that the 'comebacks' occurred.
I don't like calling it "comeback logic" because the developers have stated no such logic exists. I like to call it an invisible boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhntissbaby111
Thanks for making these, gave them a try today and liked them so far. Question on hitting though. I use zone because I feel like it is the most realistic. However, with the balls coming in so fast and a smaller reticle from HoF, how do you use zone? I just place it in a spot where I think the pitch will be coming in and hope I get it? Anyone else use that method?
I use zone too. Gotta have fast reflexes. That's what makes it hard. I want to strike out a realistic amount. On All-Star difficulty, I simply rake way too easily, it's not even a challenge. I honestly have no idea how people have competitive games with it, it's just so easy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosti98
Do I have to use zone with no PCI for this or is that just a user preference? I'm a fan of directional with PCI, but I'd like to play at HOF difficulty.
I haven't used directional, but I assume it will work fine.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #14
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Hey, guys! Just saw this thread and it looks like a nice set. I'll be looking to tweak my sliders based on these and I'll let you know what I'm seeing as well.

I'm really hoping to make the AI offense challenging, frustrating, and scary, but with variety still across the board.

HoF is definitely better than AS this year.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #15
Banned

I changed User and CPU Contact to 4 as there were WAY too many singles and hits in general. I'm ok with these for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #16
Banned

I've also turned off Umpire Close Plays and made Umpire Balls & Strikes Calls perfect (not variable) because at the end of games, the game tends to "shrink" the strike zone to favor the team losing (I don't care what anyone says, I think it's blatant and obvious). This should help to alleviate this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »