Home

Dynamic difficulty slider

This is a discussion on Dynamic difficulty slider within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Dynamic difficulty slider

I play with allstar batting and all staar pitching so does this slider do anything at all? Should i set it at 0?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Dynamic difficulty slider

If you're not using Dynamic Difficulty the slider won't do anything.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
If you're not using Dynamic Difficulty the slider won't do anything.
There's a slider for dynamic difficulty, I had no idea. I decided I wasn't going to touch sliders because I was using dd, so I've never checked sliders at all.

Would you mind briefing me on how it works? I am 19 games into my franchise and have already reached HOF level with a team ERA of 2.14 using dd, so I might be able to use a little more challenge. I'm using classic pitching.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
There's a slider for dynamic difficulty, I had no idea. I decided I wasn't going to touch sliders because I was using dd, so I've never checked sliders at all.

Would you mind briefing me on how it works? I am 19 games into my franchise and have already reached HOF level with a team ERA of 2.14 using dd, so I might be able to use a little more challenge. I'm using classic pitching.
Yeah no problem.

The DD slider adjusts how quickly/slowly you level up/down.

Placing it at 10 will make you progress/regress extremely quickly. So, for example, let's say you suddenly demoted to Veteran and you wanted to get back to All-Star as fast as possible. The idea would be to max out the DD slider, and assuming you play well, you'd get to All-Star way faster than keeping it at default (5).

Now, for the reverse, let's say you wanted to slow down or stop the rate at which you level up/down. Say again, you're on All-Star and you want to stay there for awhile. This is when you'd zero out the slider. That would lock you in on All-Star.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #5
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

thinking about trying Dynamic Difficulty because i would like to see how the game plays at "All Star-Plus". i have a few questions, if anyone could help i'd appreciate it:

1) should i leave gameplay sliders at default, or does it even matter?
2) should i play exhibition games until i get to allstar plus so it doesn't effect my franchise?
3) how many games does it usually take to get to allstar plus assuming i play well?
4) once i get to allstar plus and want to resume my franchise, do i simply go into franchise mode then set the difficulty to Dynamic Difficulty? then from there i turn the dynamic difficulty slider to zero so i'm locked in to "All Star-Plus", right?
sorry for all the questions, but any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I decided to try dynamic difficulty, but not real sure how it works, in franchise mode. I have 2 profiles set, 1 for my team 1 for all other teams, and was wondering if I should have the AI profile set to dynamic as well?

My main issue is hitting, Im on a lot of pain meds, because of my healthy so hitting is quite the chore for me, but pitching Im pretty good at, so I could use the AI being fairly good at hitting so I don't have a ridiculous low era and k's for my pitching staff sky high.

If anyone could help me out on this I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »