Home

Something to keep in mind

This is a discussion on Something to keep in mind within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Something to keep in mind

I don't have the link to the post anymore here on OS, and if course you can't search, but I remember someone posted that he did extensive research and testing on trying to get the stats to come as close to MLB stats last year as possible.

Long story short, the set of sliders that performed the most realistically were all default settings except base runner speed was all the way to 10.

I'll try to find the post. I know each year may be different as SDS does tweak variables, but it was an interesting, eye opening read.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 05:56 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Something to keep in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguy2021
I don't have the link to the post anymore here on OS, and if course you can't search, but I remember someone posted that he did extensive research and testing on trying to get the stats to come as close to MLB stats last year as possible.

Long story short, the set of sliders that performed the most realistically were all default settings except base runner speed was all the way to 10.

I'll try to find the post. I know each year may be different as SDS does tweak variables, but it was an interesting, eye opening read.

Lol. Even at default, baserunners move WAY faster than they do irl. I can't imagine speeding it up even more.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2022, 05:57 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Lol. Even at default, baserunners move WAY faster than they do irl. I can't imagine speeding it up even more.

Like I said, it may not hold true for this year's game, and there may be a disconnect between the visual aspect and how it affects stats.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:02 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Like I said, it may not hold true for this year's game, and there may be a disconnect between the visual aspect and how it affects stats.

Even last year, runners were way too fast. Guys that should be going HP to 1B in 4.3 seconds are getting there in under 4. The fastest players, who should be around 4, were closer to 3.5. It's a huge reason bunt hits are so crazy.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If I played an entire season, all 162, every pitch, at default settings, I could easily provide a test that shows default settings don't produce realistic stats.

There are too many different factors that come in to play for default settings or any one set of sliders to produce consistent gameplay for all users on OS or that play the game. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

That said, I cannot imagine playing with any set in the past that has baserunner speed at 10. It would look so ridiculous, lol. It may have worked for that individual, but I'll continue lowering it to match real life times and tune my sliders around that.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 09:16 PM   #6
Banned

All I can tell you is that for last year's game..or 20...I forget, the guy posted specific stats and % as compared to MLB and that's what he found came closest to MLB averages. I'll try to find the post.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #7
Banned

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

He used Bacons fictional roster set. Interesting read.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
All I can tell you is that for last year's game..or 20...I forget, the guy posted specific stats and % as compared to MLB and that's what he found came closest to MLB averages. I'll try to find the post.

I'd have to see it. I can tell you straight up, if I'm using default sliders on legend Pinpoint in 21, I'm getting under 1 bb/9 (I started the year using default, and the stats being so ridiculous is what made be start looking at sliders)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »