Home

CPU swing and miss?

This is a discussion on CPU swing and miss? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:01 AM   #9
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: CPU swing and miss?

This is from a relatively well pitched CPU vs. CPU game with lots of contact and as such it might not be as illuminating, but as you see there are quite a few misses in the strike zone:

It might be your approach that might be causing CPU to make lots of contact. I'm curious what your pitch breakdown looks like... (that is if you are so inclined to look at this sort of thing).

I know a lot of human players throws too many strikes, and if you (or CPU) can expect to see stuff in the strike zone most of the time, making contact isn't probably all that hard. I wonder the same kind of thing is happening with you.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This is from a relatively well pitched CPU vs. CPU game with lots of contact and as such it might not be as illuminating, but as you see there are quite a few misses in the strike zone:

It might be your approach that might be causing CPU to make lots of contact. I'm curious what your pitch breakdown looks like... (that is if you are so inclined to look at this sort of thing).

I know a lot of human players throws too many strikes, and if you (or CPU) can expect to see stuff in the strike zone most of the time, making contact isn't probably all that hard. I wonder the same kind of thing is happening with you.
That was a nice breakdown. My strike percentage hovers around 60-66. I'll see if I can send you one of mine next game. Not sure how to do it but I'll figure it out.

My thinking is this all has to do with the player ratings for vision and discipline. Some players vision seem too high in many cases. Starter K ratings are also extremely low. Go through every teams starters and checkout their K ratings. I think you'll be surprised how many are rated in the 60's. Cueto was only a 82 and price was somewhere in the 70's. These are two players with over 240 strikeouts last year and in price case he had 270. That alone tells me it should be in the 90's.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:40 AM   #11
Rookie

Nomo by any chance do you have the MLB average of swinging strikes? My guess would be anywhere from 12-15 percent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #12
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I have not had a problem with getting the CPU to swing and miss early in the AB also have gotten even the best hitters to miss on pitches.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I have not had a problem with getting the CPU to swing and miss early in the AB also have gotten even the best hitters to miss on pitches.

Ok that's cool.. Do you play of HOF, classic pitching and what type of sliders do you use?
Old 05-12-2015, 12:54 AM   #14
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by topside
Nomo by any chance do you have the MLB average of swinging strikes? My guess would be anywhere from 12-15 percent.
It's about 16.3% (swing & miss per strike... c.f. http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...pitching.shtml)
Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #15
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by topside
Ok that's cool.. Do you play of HOF, classic pitching and what type of sliders do you use?
I use Armor's Sliders, Classic Pitching, and play on All Star.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »