Home

Pitcher stamina sliders

This is a discussion on Pitcher stamina sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 01:02 AM   #25
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pitcher stamina sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
My preference would be to leave at 0, start my game so it sims the rest of the league also, and then change the SP to 7 for my game. I would rather see the suspense of chasing another team from the ticker then already simming it, knowing what the outcome is, and then going to play my game.

Also when i Simmed the Cub and Cardinals game, the Cards held the Cubs to only 1 hit. Wainwright was on the mound and only pitched 6.1 innings, while using a total of 4 pitchers that game. Would the 0 SP slider lead to this? I would have figured he would have kept going figuring he only allowed one hit or none, before being pulled. Just an observation I had.
Yeah but I don't pay attention to who won simmed games lol.

It depends on his pitch count, score of the game etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 01:05 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yeah but I don't pay attention to who won simmed games lol.

It depends on his pitch count, score of the game etc.
Lol. Yeah the final score was 1-0 Cards. The pitch count is only thing you can't see or find out.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:12 AM   #27
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Lol. Yeah the final score was 1-0 Cards. The pitch count is only thing you can't see or find out.
Yeah it'd be nice if we could see that. Then again it'd be nice to see a lot more stats than we get in the game lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Old 06-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #28
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Doing a quick test sim with sliders for stamina set to 0 (and injuries set to 9 which earlier testing proved most accurate for me), I saw 21 pitchers in MLB accumulate 200 IP or more. In real life MLB 2014, there were 34. So it's not too bad, but still a tad bit low.

It's weird though because teams were still in the teens for complete games, with 16 being the highest team stat for CG.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #29
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
My preference would be to leave at 0, start my game so it sims the rest of the league also, and then change the SP to 7 for my game. I would rather see the suspense of chasing another team from the ticker then already simming it, knowing what the outcome is, and then going to play my game.
You can sim the game from the Today's Game screen without looking at the score. I just stare at the game times as I'm going through and I never see the scores.

I have adjusted my sim sliders so the SP stamina is at 3 and the RP stamina is at 1. I was seeing too many starters come out before 5 innings without an inordinate amount of runs being scored, and my own starters weren't rested for their next starts with the sliders at 0. I've lowered the CPU Manager Hook slider to try to lower the # of CGs and total innings pitched across the league. We'll see what happens with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Doing a quick test sim with sliders for stamina set to 0 (and injuries set to 9 which earlier testing proved most accurate for me), I saw 21 pitchers in MLB accumulate 200 IP or more. In real life MLB 2014, there were 34. So it's not too bad, but still a tad bit low.

It's weird though because teams were still in the teens for complete games, with 16 being the highest team stat for CG.
Did you put injuries at 9 for sims? I think I have mine either at 4 or 6. I have my game sliders at 7.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 06-23-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
You can sim the game from the Today's Game screen without looking at the score. I just stare at the game times as I'm going through and I never see the scores.

I have adjusted my sim sliders so the SP stamina is at 3 and the RP stamina is at 1. I was seeing too many starters come out before 5 innings without an inordinate amount of runs being scored, and my own starters weren't rested for their next starts with the sliders at 0. I've lowered the CPU Manager Hook slider to try to lower the # of CGs and total innings pitched across the league. We'll see what happens with it.

Did you put injuries at 9 for sims? I think I have mine either at 4 or 6. I have my game sliders at 7.
Wouldn't lowering the hook have the manager leave the pitcher in longer or is it reversed? I was just playing a game on 7 and my starter threw 125 pitches thru the 7th inning and still had 25% left in the tank, with 8 K's and 2 BB's. Is that what your shooting for? I don't know if I like it that high personally, hell I don't know. Just hard trying to find a happy medium with this.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #31
Rookie

I also Simmed the first week of the season with both at 0 and had 7 complete games out of a total of 77 games. 9%, which isn't bad for sim stats and yeah I know the MLB average is like 2 or 3% but we can't make the sliders negative! Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #32
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Wouldn't lowering the hook have the manager leave the pitcher in longer or is it reversed? I was just playing a game on 7 and my starter threw 125 pitches thru the 7th inning and still had 25% left in the tank, with 8 K's and 2 BB's. Is that what your shooting for? I don't know if I like it that high personally, hell I don't know. Just hard trying to find a happy medium with this.
I believe lowering the slider makes the manager remove the pitcher sooner. It says it in the slider explanation, I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head.

Maybe I have it at 6. My pitchers typically get tired around 100 pitches, and they are all in the 80s for stamina. Lester can go a little deeper because his is at 89.

EDIT: You were right, raising the Manager Hook slider makes the manager take the starter out more quickly. As for the HUM stamina slider, I do have it at 7 for my games sliders... I do remember now that the "getting tired" message comes when pitchers have about 25% stamina left. I just played a game with Jason Hammel last night and I got that message right at his 100th pitch. His stamina is a 78, so I might lower it back to 6.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 06-23-2015 at 01:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »