Home

Manager Hook Voodoo

This is a discussion on Manager Hook Voodoo within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Manager Hook Voodoo

I'm hoping there is a solution to my problem but I really don't think there is. I play on default sliders and for the most part am satisfied with them. My biggest problem is the way CPU managers manage their starters and bullpen.

Part of my problem is that managers are determined to keep starters in the game early. I knocked a guy for 7 runs and made him throw over 60 pitches before the end of the 2nd, and the manager still kept him in.

Meanwhile managers are far too eager to pull a starter once you get past the 6th. Jeff Francis was pitching a no-hitter to me, his team up by 2. I get a dirty, bloop single that's just barely out of reach of the second baseman with one out in the 6th, and he's only thrown 58 pitches, but that manager popped out of the dugout as quick as a bunny to pull him. Low and behold, some crummy reliever comes out and I hit a homer off his meatball of a first pitch, then go on to win the game.

Is there any kind of slider voodoo that can help with both of my problems? I feel like just changing the cpu Manager hook slider will only make one problem better while making the other worse.

I understand if there isn't, and if I have to pick solving just one problem I'd prefer it if starters stayed in longer (the cpu will get more wins against me this way) I was just posting in the vain hope that someone had some super special slider magic that works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Manager Hook Voodoo

I didn't notice this thread until now, sorry.

If a bullpen is taxed, they may just leave a starter getting rocked in too long. I'm not sure if you are referring to an exhibition or franchise game?

As for taking Francis out too quickly, remember that it is a computer and thinks like one. My best guess is that his energy bar was really low and all the CPU knows is that he gave up a hit - not that it was a weak hit in our visual representation if you know what I mean. You could raise the SP Stamina slider to 6 or 7. I get more realistic pitch counts there and it will keep Francis in longer.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

This may be the best title for a thread ever!
Old 09-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Increase SP stamina to 7 during games (put at 0 while simming), MR stamina to 0 (should see shorter specialty appearances) and put manager hook to 6.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Increase SP stamina to 7 during games (put at 0 while simming), MR stamina to 0 (should see shorter specialty appearances) and put manager hook to 6.
Thanks for the replies! Going to try this tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Reliever Stanima at 0 for both simmed and played games?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #7
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Reliever Stanima at 0 for both simmed and played games?
That's what I HAVE been using, but check out my post in the slider forum--it seems there's more going on than what was first noticed. I'm still testing. It's hard to nail down.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
That's what I HAVE been using, but check out my post in the slider forum--it seems there's more going on than what was first noticed. I'm still testing. It's hard to nail down.
Ya, I noticed in your broadcast the other day when you went through the leaderboard. It still seemed kind of high.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »