Home

Pitch speed advice please

This is a discussion on Pitch speed advice please within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pitch speed advice please

Question for veteran TS heads:
For '15 what pitch speed would closely resemble the default pitch speed for MLB 12? The default setting is very slow to me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzalla13
Question for veteran TS heads:
For '15 what pitch speed would closely resemble the default pitch speed for MLB 12? The default setting in '15 is very slow to me

Old 02-23-2016, 08:08 AM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
Does lowering pitch speed from 5 to 4 make hitting easier or does it just affect how much you pull the ball and have good timing? I play on 5 and am always late on fastballs even in fastball counts and I'm sitting on fastball. However I'm satisfied with the number of hits and homers I hit. Just get frustrated being late all the time. I play on AllStar with A&S sliders. Am 52 years old so doubt going to a higher level is an option. Thanks

I will suggest you try 3. Play 10-12 games so you get a decent sample vs two rotations of different pitchers.

At 3 you will be able to read sliders, breaking stuff and changes better out of the hand and sit on fast balls better. If it is too slow 4 will be your magic number,

But start at 3.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-23-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I will suggest you try 3. Play 10-12 games so you get a decent sample vs two rotations of different pitchers.

At 3 you will be able to read sliders, breaking stuff and changes better out of the hand and sit on fast balls better. If it is too slow 4 will be your magic number,

But start at 3.
Thanks for your reply A&S. Since posting this thread I started on 4 and now am back to 5. I think I just needed a bitter playing time to get used to the pitch speed. And I noticed that (it seems to me anyway) that different players have different bat speeds. A weaker hitter may be late on a fastball but a power guy can have "good" timing. As a previous poster said, I found off speed stuff to be just too slow with pitch speed lower than 5. With it at 5 I am able to pull the ball sometimes and my contact is normally just a tad early or late - not very often in the "red". This is the first year I used your sliders and they have been great for me (I moved Hum cons. to 3 though). Won't play '16 until your sliders come out. Thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »