Home

Mike Lowe MLB Show '16 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB Show '16 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #33
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mike Lowe MLB Show '16 Sliders

Which camera angle are we using with these?

-GW-
Old 03-30-2016, 06:24 AM   #34
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Which camera angle are we using with these?

-GW-
I'm using fish cam and Mike is using the camera from 15. But i really think camera is user preference.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the sliders Mike. I do have a question for you and anyone else who has experience with this. I have always been a zone +button hitter but thinking about switching to timing/directional.

I'm concerned once I get the timing down I wont strike out. Was also curious about the hit variety you guys are getting? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 01:14 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearlover
Love the sliders Mike. I do have a question for you and anyone else who has experience with this. I have always been a zone +button hitter but thinking about switching to timing/directional.

I'm concerned once I get the timing down I wont strike out. Was also curious about the hit variety you guys are getting? Thanks.
Honestly, sliders are always open to interpretation and experimentation for your play style. I have had games where I am seeing the pitcher and their pitches really well and crushing it. You'll still get strike outs even if you have good timing, because Mike does a great job of having ratings matter, so free swingers (Looking at you Mike Napoli) will swing at a pitch right on and miss due to ratings. As for variety, you'll see it. I've seen choppers, ground outs, had a blooper drop in between Chris Davis and my LF. Variety is definitely achieved with this set.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #37
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Cal, I thought that too, but trust me--striking out won't be an issue ha. I strike out a ton, but I'm also sort of an "all or nothing" sort of swinger.

If you see the box scores guys are posting, they are getting around 7-9 Ks which is about right, and maybe only a HAIR high--we're still adjusting to the new game some.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #38
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillion245
Honestly, sliders are always open to interpretation and experimentation for your play style. I have had games where I am seeing the pitcher and their pitches really well and crushing it. You'll still get strike outs even if you have good timing, because Mike does a great job of having ratings matter, so free swingers (Looking at you Mike Napoli) will swing at a pitch right on and miss due to ratings. As for variety, you'll see it. I've seen choppers, ground outs, had a blooper drop in between Chris Davis and my LF. Variety is definitely achieved with this set.
Thanks, Dillon. I could not have said it better myself. This is a spot-on assessment.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #39
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:

Ive actually come in here to say that ive given up on directional on HoF. Its extremely difficult this year. Ive been a Directional/Classic guy for the past 2yrs, but i think im going to actually test my button skill this year. Can't wait to try these Mike!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #40
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Excited to use your set again this year Mike! It played great for me and my Braves last year! Thank you for what you do for the community!

PSN: xNobleEaglex

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »