Home

Itbeme23 True Simulation Sliders - 2016

This is a discussion on Itbeme23 True Simulation Sliders - 2016 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #41
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Itbeme23 True Simulation Sliders - 2016

Finished another game. Nationals (me) @ Dodgers. Scherzer vs Kershaw.

Dodgers pitching

Kershaw- 8ip 3h 1r 1er 1bb 6k
Jansen- 0.2ip 3h 2r 2er 0bb 1k (BS)
Howell 0.1ip 0h 0r 0er 0bb 0k

Kershaw dominated through 8. Pinch hit for in the 8th so Jansen was in for the close with a 2-1 lead. I hit two doubles on him scoring 1 run to tie it. Man on 3rd with two outs I hit a groundball to their SS Seager. I mean directly to him and he didn't come up with it so I score to take the 3-2 lead. However, the game log says "Taylor grounded and deflected off shortstop Seager for a single. Zimmerman scores." What bs! That was a definite error lol.

Nationals pitching

Scherzer- 7ip 5h 2r 2er 2bb 7k
Rivero- 1ip 0h 0r 0er 0bb 2k
Papelbon 1ip 2h 0r 0er 0bb 2k

Another solid game pitching by the team I'm playing with. Next game I'm using #5 SP for both sides. I'm thinking of changing difficulty to HOF pitching honestly as I see a couple on this thread are. We'll see how it goes with a #5 SP though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #42
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Well...with the Reds #5 starter at home against the Diamondbacks I have given up 8 hits, 7er, 2 homeruns, 0bb, and 5k in 2 innings.

Allstar pitching level is just fine I'd say lol. What is bothering me that I've noticed is it feels like I get too many strikeouts. Thoughts? Anyone else feel they get too many in a game? I'll finish this game out somehow, but down 7-1 bottom of the 2nd isn't fun lol

Ended up losing the game 10-3. Robbie Ray pitched great for them going, 8 innings 3h 3er 1bb 7k

Moscot for the Reds ended up limping through 5ip 9h 8er 1bb 6k.

Again strikeouts are too high for me as I struck them out 15 times. I seem to always go over 10 per game. Raising cpu contact to 6 to try and help cause I see a lot of swing and miss strikeouts.

Rough game pitching. They hit 4 homeruns against me with four different players. I hit two homeruns myself to get my 3 runs.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-01-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Well - on a 3-game losing streak...every loss blown by the bullpen. The last one blowing a 6-0 lead in 1 1/3 innings to lose 8-6.

I think I'll have to go up to 1/1 or something. The relief talent in my league is trash (I'm in year 7 - catcher and relievers are basically extinct). I was going to shake up my bullpen...until I saw the "talent" in my AAA system...and there's even less on the FA wire.

Fictional players (which are a growing population this far in) have weird talent profiles too.

I don't know what's gotten into Tillman though. Maybe it's the combo of his stuff or something.

I can see staying on HoF though. I just need to pull in these extreme results. It's just too feast-or-famine and if I see one more 10 in bunting player lay down a perfect squeeze bunt, I will scream.

I swear the hardest thing for sports games to emulate is league average. It's always ace or trash.

Last edited by KBLover; 04-01-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:18 PM   #44
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I have been pitching on HOF with it set at 0/1 and having great results. I do use quick counts as well but it shouldn't matter. I pitch 8.1ip with Steven Matz earlier today against the Padres I believe. So it's definitely possible to have great pitch outings.

Playing Mariners @ Yankees now. I'm the Yankees...went with #2 starters for both teams.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:14 AM   #45
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Lost 3-2 in a very well played game. A Rod RBI double in the 1st to start the scoring. They tie it up in the 2nd. Cano player of the game with a 2 run homer in the 6th that gave them a 3-1 lead. Seth Smith with a ridiculous diving catch that saved at least 2 runs in the bottom of the 6th.

Iwakuma pitched 6.2ip 9h 2er 3bb 3k

Pineda 6ip 6h 3er 3bb 6k

Loving the way the game is playing now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 02:44 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

THIS BULLPEN.

Blew 4th lead in a row.

You'd think a guy with 99 H/9 and 84 K/9 would be able to hold a 2-run lead..

NOPE.

Single, Single, 3-run HR. Lose 5-4.

I'm about to shoot all of them right now. Bad enough Harper has to do it all right now (hit 3 HR, 4 RBI) and the relievers can't even pitch for an inning.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I'm going back to All-Star.

It's just too frustrating with these relievers. Everything is either down the middle or 4 feet off. Rondon, 81 BB/9, threw one slider 3 feet outside and then next was 4 feet outside and then the next one missed by 5 feet (wanted it off the edge and ended up hitting the batter...)

Won the game but the bullpen gave up 4 runs. It's like it's fine for the starters, even if they have lower BB/9, but relievers, seemingly regardless of ability, get crushed.

I didn't see this at All-Star. I actually gave up walks because the game seems less interested in putting things in the middle. Last two games - hardly any walks allowed...because stuff is in the center of the plate.

When this stupidity isn't happening, I LIKE how it plays at 0/1 or 0/0 on HoF. For starters, it's nice, realistic, creates tense moments. For relievers, at least at this point of my franchise, it's BP time.

Edit:

Back to All-Star, much better.

My Rule 5 pick Mader had this line: 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 6 BB 7 K

Team as a whole walked 8 batters. But it wasn't out of hand because of the behavior on contact and could still get K's/make pitches. Bullpen gave up a run on 2 hits in 2 1/3 innings, 3.85 ERA.

Last edited by KBLover; 04-02-2016 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 9

Keep it on HOF, just hang in there...

Okay, couple of things that might help.

Warm up your closer on the mound. Even if he is at full readiness. Why? You ask?

Because you need to get the timing down on the Classic windup, especially if your closer is a full-time stretch pitcher. (As most closers are). The timing is waaaaaaaaaay different, and you'll need those eight pitches to see what the movement is on your new pitchers' pitches.

I'll bet your closer is getting burned on his fastball. He has a burner, throws 97 but you haven't had 6 innings to harness his control, and learn how far to aim in the vibration, to make the pitches end up where you want. Warm your guy up and get a handle on his stuff, you'll have better luck.

Do you guys use Guess Pitch? I have a theory on the whole guess pitch thing.. against the computer. See what I am putting down here? Against the computer

Play a game on the lowest rookie level. Turn guess pitch on. Mark down a chit mark every time you guess the pitch and location correctly, and get full controller-vibration.

Now play a game on legend. Same team, same pitcher. Mark down your correct guesses. Whoa, wait.. what happened?? Is it possible that the skill level makes it so your "Guessed" pitch, just happens to be the pitch that gets thrown? Against another person, it is controller input vs controller input. I get it, not problem there.

Against the computer it is controller input versus.... yeah, you get it. Turn off Guess Pitch.

Fact it, if you are playing zone hitting, and you think it will be a fastball up and in, move the reticle there, and swing with the power button. There is your guess pitch. You guessed correctly. The fact the computer will lower your contact, lower your power, and shrink the reticle for an incorrect guess, based on an input that we have no idea if the computer is actually making after you guess??... Not for me. Conspiracy theory maybe, but it is worth thinking about.

The other caveat here is that once we get these sliders all set, and the game is playing perfectly, and with a close to realistic results as we can get, the OSFM Rosters will hit the scene, and all of the ratings, the pitch edits, control and fielding edits will render the sliders to a state of disarray. I bumped up the slider errors on my Analog fielding, but with the edits that come out, I'll have to lower them again to keep from Knoblauching everything into the tenth row.

So, we can tweak all the sliders, but keep in mind if you are an OS Roster fan, we will need to move them a bit when those come out.

~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »