Home

2016 - good to go right out of the box??

This is a discussion on 2016 - good to go right out of the box?? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2016 - good to go right out of the box??

Anxious to get the game next week and starting my franchise as soon as possible. I know it is extremely early, but how does the game play with default sliders? I play on AllStar, hopefully don't have to wait a few weeks until some of you experienced guys come up with slider sets. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: 2016 - good to go right out of the box??

Whether you do or don't is your decision, but I can absolutely say this game plays "out the box" better this year than it ever has before.

There are a lot of problems I've experienced every year... not enough line drives, not enough foul balls, too many pop-ups, fielders too superhuman, etc... these things were pretty much 90% of the reason I ever touched sliders in previous years.

So far I haven't seen any evidence of any of those issues. I'm already hitting line drives, have not seen any excessive foul pop-ups (when before it was multiple a game), and fielders are reacting right in line with where they should be.

I plan on making some minor tweaks, but I don't see any real problems like I have in years past, and I'm confident you won't either.

So go for it.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

I have heard a lot of mumbling how hitting is taking a hit. A lot of talk about no-hitters and I know the MoM crowd is noticing a LOT of low scoring games and very low battering averages. Many Spring Training players are in game 10 and looking at 180 batting averages for their teams.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I think it depends on your interface, play style, ability and preference.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Yea - I'm a MoM player and most in that community are seeing hitting as lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 11:36 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm pretty happy with the game on All-Star right out of the box. I tweaked the sliders just slightly so far (Human Power +1, CPU strike frequency -1, increased pitcher fatigue for both human and CPU to reduce the complete game numbers). I'm really happy with the game. It's as balanced as I've seen it on Day 1.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:52 AM   #7
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
I have heard a lot of mumbling how hitting is taking a hit. A lot of talk about no-hitters and I know the MoM crowd is noticing a LOT of low scoring games and very low battering averages. Many Spring Training players are in game 10 and looking at 180 batting averages for their teams.
Yeah after 25 plus games for me on Allstar default most of my games are playoff hockey scores and hardly any extra base hits and nothing over the OF heads but Im sure a few tweaks here and there will help a game that is pretty tight overall otherwise .
Old 04-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I've been playing default Hall of Fame with zone batting and meter pitching and the biggest issue I've seen is too many home runs.

I'm playing a year to year save from 2014 and my Braves team is STACKED so maybe that's part of it. Here's my lineup:

Cameron Maybin, CF, 79 OVR
Jason Heyward, RF, 87 OVR
Giancarlo Stanton, LF, 96 OVR
Freddie Freeman, 1B, 90 OVR
Pablo Sandoval, 3B, 85 OVR
Evan Gattis, C, 82 OVR
Daniel Murphy, 2B, 82 OVR
Andrelton Simmons, SS, 86 OVR

In 10 games I'm currently 9-1 and I've hit 29 home runs. On pace for 470 homeruns which would nearly double the all time record of 264 in a Season by the 1997 Mariners. Then again the CPU controlled Blue Jays have already hit 21 homeruns in the same time period which would also eclipse the all time record. 10 games is a small sample size for baseball.

I'm going to play more games before I give up on default settings. I had such a good year playing the game last year because I DID NOT mess with sliders and just played the game.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »