Home

TheWarmWind's Center Swinging Sliders

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Center Swinging Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
TheWarmWind's Center Swinging Sliders

Because I can't walk and chew bubble gum. I used to hit rookie zone in MLB 15 and just center swing since that was the only level I could play at, but the introduction of precision input (thankfully) made that not an option. I thought directional would be just like center swinging was now, where I would be rewarded with good input, but instead it's just a dice roll even on good inputs just like it always was. That was... until now. For those that use to center swing and loved it I present the following sliders. Also found in the vault online as TheWarmWind Center Swing.

Disclaimer: I highly recommend trying out Pure Analog before settling on this option. I really liked it but I didn't find it comfortable with my injured shoulder. Hence why I made this slider set to make Directional work for me.

Also: I highly recommend you turn up the difficulty a notch above wherever your current comfort zone is. Like I mentioned earlier, I used to play on rookie, but I like the way veteran pitches come in, so it's balanced for me to play on veteran. I've even managed to play decently well on All-Star.

I'm just going to put down the sliders I changed. The rest I left alone (and are therefore at 5) just note that I have a few other sliders changed in order to solve manager and pitcher issues. If you just want the feel of the swing, just copy the human hitting changes.

Human Contact - 7
Human Timing - 6
Human Solid Hits - 10
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina - 6
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 3
CPU Strike Frequency - 2

The key category is Human Solid Hits. This HAS to be 10. And no, it doesn't make every single contact I get hard contact. Just the ones I square up. I still can get popups on balls high in the zone (even ones well in the PCI), especially if I'm influencing the ball up, and choppers when I influence down. If found the balls come off the bat in a very fair manner with these sliders, and even with the Solid Hits at 10, you will still get the occasional ball that you square up perfectly but will be a weak hit, it's just much rarer (rarity depends on ratings).

I'm going to post some tips below for people like me who are making the switch from center swinging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: TheWarmWind's Center Swinging Sliders

Interesting - I'll have to remember to get your sliders from the Vault and try them.

I play only on Timing/Directional and I find that solid hits at 10 interesting and intriguing. I usually have to lower it or I'd get too many hits/runs (even if I don't use the influencing much) but perhaps this year there's something different under the hood.

I actually would prefer it at 10. You gave me something to consider.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:24 AM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I don't know if there is any truth to this or not, but I've found the timing window to be much shorter if I don't pick an influence.

I've found that directional works almost like if you combined trying to influence the ball and guess pitch. So if you're influencing pull, you're looking for a pitch inside, and if you're influencing fly ball, you're looking for a pitch down.

So I've found without runners on it's more of a guess pitch scenario, meanwhile with runners on it's a situational choice.

I've also found that pull hitters get a slight bonus to solid contact chance for pitches when influencing pull, and visa versa for push hitters.

So be patient and look for YOUR pitch. If you don't get it, let it go, even if it's a strike. Your odds of solid contact are not very good, even if you time it perfectly.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

How have these sliders been working out for you? I have tried using them, but haven't had a lot of time to play many games lately.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Personally I'm finding them amazing. If there has been any issue, it's that some of the swings that should be choppers are now foul balls or grounders, but it's not like they are never a chopper. Other than that it plays perfectly to my skill level, especially as an old zone center swinger. I'm finding the results very fair, and statistically much more realistic than any version of the show I've played.

Remember to set the difficulty a step above your comfort zone, that is what the sliders are balanced for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
Banned

Going to try these, they look right up my alley.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »