Home

Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature

This is a discussion on Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature

Anyone else do this? Temps play a big part on scoring as talked about on this

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...ature-baseball

So what I do is

Temp/CNTRL/PWR
<40 4 / 4
41-69 5 / 5
70-79 6 / 6
80-89 6 / 7
>89 7 / 7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #2
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature

Im not so sure I would go that route unless I had concrete results from information about The Show and information from the MLB in the following 2 areas: 1) What is the %power increase by adding 1 power on sliders? Does that %change depending on difficulty level? 2) Are there statistics out there that show warmer temperatures increase power by x% every 10degree difference in temperature(where x= the answer to #1)? Can the fact that temperature is usually warmer during the peak of the season and that during the peak of the season hitters have caught up to pitchers? I know what you are trying to accomplish by doing this, but unless you have concrete facts or results from both the game and the MLB i would advise not to do what you suggested. To be even clearer, increasing power in MLB The Show only increases the speed at which the ball comes off the bat, not how well the ball carries while in the air (which is what you are theoretically trying to do). I do like the thought process though and it makes a lot of sense mentally, physically, and scientifically. I just dont think any baseball video game made before we die will be able to accurately replicate that. And if they do, its because they got bored of having everything else work so perfectly.

Last edited by CanOfCornCobb; 04-03-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Quote:
2) Are there statistics out there that show warmer temperatures increase power by x% every 10degree difference in temperature(where x= the answer to #1)?
Yes

Quote:
I just dont think any baseball video game made before we die will be able to accurately replicate that. And if they do, its because they got bored of having everything else work so perfectly.
and they are not even close on that one.

I hear what you are saying but disagree because in that case there is NEVER any need to adjust the sliders as there is no concrete evidence they do anything and by how much.

No one will ever experiment because no one knows what they have and have not done. I have serious doubts Colorado is a hitters ballpark, at least with 80 game stats in that park it's more of a pitchers park by the numbers.

We don't even know what they use as a model for players, last years stats? last 5 year averages? PECOTA? Don't be afraid to experiment!

Last edited by Grinder12000; 04-03-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Temperature G BA SLG ISO HR/AB
Less than 40 310 .251 .383 .132 .023
40-49 2186 .255 .389 .134 .024
50-59 7530 .255 .395 .140 .026
60-69 20808 .257 .401 .143 .028
70-79 30500 .264 .415 .151 .030
80-89 22944 .269 .428 .159 .032
90+ 6110 .277 .445 .169 .034
Old 04-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

If you want to increase/decrease batted ball speed to compensate for temp then go ahead. I didnt disagree with what you said, as a college ball player myself, but if you're hoping for the same effect as real life baseball I doubt you will get it especially since 1 degree in temperature will force you to change a slider by 1 and those ranges are rather broad. 70 or 79, wind or no wind, or from which direction. You're diving deep my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

True True - many people are talking about the lack of hitting in '16 and I'm wondering if it is because it's cool? I know Spring Training stats have been crazy bad for teams - just thinking out loud.

I do weird things anyway - every game is in a random ballpark, I want to play them all.

Plus sliders are all over the place anyway - no one really knows how everything all fits together until people test things and compile results.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #7
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Im in the same boat as you my fellow Packer/Wisconsin fan. Im not trying to be a pain in the... Most people are going to tell you to change the sliders of their sets to what you deem necessary to fit your sill level. Just ignore it if you're better than the exact sliders posted. Dont get caught up in slideritis, just play the game. I used to be a hardcore slider guy on HOF and completely wasted a year changing interfaces and difficulties and sliders. I dont change any human or cpu hitting sliders anymore, rather I play on different hitting and pitching interfaces that best represents my skill level on default. This year is zone hitting and my always favorite classic pitching. I recommend you experiment the interfaces you once used on the difficulty you played. If that's too boring I can send you tips on how to to make it a little more difficult and much more interesting. Just message me or post what you are currently playing on and what your concerns are. I can help and many people here can help.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

I think this is interesting and impressive.

You are certainly leaving out a few variables, like air density (Arizona vs Atlanta) and humidity (Texas vs Miami), but this is interesing nonetheless.

I would never do this... but if I were, I don't really see much issue with your methodology here. Like I said you are leaving out variables, but aren't we all? There's always more variables, in everything, if you dig a little deeper. That doesn't mean you can't be satisfied with what you've already uncovered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »