Home

Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic

This is a discussion on Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #57
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
I know there's no perfect slider set for everyone but I'm just going to say that all-star hitting/pitching this year has been an absolute mash fest for me. 12-15 hit games and painting the corner for strikeout after strikeout, it's not even a challenge.

HOF/HOF with some additional nerfs to human pitching has been great so far.
The game does feel a little more forgiving than perhaps in the past, but I think that's a good thing. Of course, every time I think I'm ready to move up to HOF, the CPU will hold me to 1-2 runs on fewer than 5 hits and I'll give up 5-8 runs.

For now, I'm sticking with All-Star, but will continue to monitor my progress. Either way, I'm having a blast with MLB 18.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #58
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
If I raise the pitch speed, I'm not sure I'll be able to pull anything. I already struggle a little with that.

I've gotten a lot of cheap, opposite field singles so far. So it may be a fluke. And the real Braves are going about as well. I'm going to give it a few more games to see what happens.
Gotcha. Well, maybe look at dropping the contact and solid hits sliders a notch.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #59
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Has the show dev team ever explained what the "+" levels actually do under the hood settings/sliders wise?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 04-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #60
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Has the show dev team ever explained what the "+" levels actually do under the hood settings/sliders wise?
I haven’t seen an explanation but can speak from experience. This year my skill level was too good for All Star but not good enough for HOF. I remembered what WarmWind said in his slider thread about the importance of finding the right level instead of using sliders to make HOF into HOF minus for instance. So I have experimented with Dynamic Difficulty in the range between All Star/HOF and have settled on All Star+ for both Hitting and Pitching with only 2 slider adjustments away from Default. To my eye the game plays differently between the 3 levels AS/AS+/HOF). On All Star + the game is playing the best it ever has in terms of an even challenge between myself and the CPU.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #61
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
I haven’t seen an explanation but can speak from experience. This year my skill level was too good for All Star but not good enough for HOF. I remembered what WarmWind said in his slider thread about the importance of finding the right level instead of using sliders to make HOF into HOF minus for instance. So I have experimented with Dynamic Difficulty in the range between All Star/HOF and have settled on All Star+ for both Hitting and Pitching with only 2 slider adjustments away from Default. To my eye the game plays differently between the 3 levels AS/AS+/HOF). On All Star + the game is playing the best it ever has in terms of an even challenge between myself and the CPU.

What two slider adjustments did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #62
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
What two slider adjustments did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should also say I just move the Dynamic Difficulty by playing a MLB versus AA game and then lock it in. I have tested All Star 1/4 and All Star 3/4 this way as well but found All Star + = 1/2 the sweet spot for me. The 2 slider adjustments are CPU Foul Frequency down to 4 to even them out (23/24 in my last game) and Human Solid Hits to 6 again to even out (9 hits each in my last game) what I was seeing on the field. As I improve Solid Hits might go back down to 5 or I could raise CPU Solid Hits to 6 if I am winning too many games. The only other adjustment I am considering is Fielder Speed down to 4 to get some more Triples but I don’t want to cut out the animation where the outfielder charges in and dives over the ball. I’m finding even a 1 point move in the sliders is quite volatile this year so don’t want to tinker too much. I’m loving what I am seeing and the outcomes at Default.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have a dumb question, how do I set the difficulty to All-Star+?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I love playing near default All-Star, but my couple of changes are fairly impactful I'd say. Everything is default except for Pitch Speed for fastball and off-speed both at 10, Foul Frequency at 10, Manager Hook at 6.

That's it, and man what a blast it's been. Last game went into extra innings between my Royals and the Whitesox. Down 4-1, bottom of the 9th, somehow managed to claw back to 4-4 off their closer. Hits were 14 for KC and 18 for them as they held on in the 12th for an 8-4 win.

I love how much variety there is in the counts. Have gone real deep, and it's really rewarding from a strategic standpoint in pitching and just trying to get contact. Earning K's are the best feeling ever in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »