Home

Classic - Simple and Clean Presentation & Sliders

This is a discussion on Classic - Simple and Clean Presentation & Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0
Classic - Simple and Clean Presentation & Sliders

Hi guys, just downloaded the game today. I've spent the past hour trying to adjust the hundreds of presentation options and sliders to find what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find what I need. I'm 35yrs old, I'm not really good, so I'm looking for the meat and potatoes presentation and sliders, aka the less buttons the better.

I've also searched the sliders forums and it's just too much to take in, so here's what I'm looking for:

- batting using the buttons
- pitching using the buttons
- baserunning made as easily as possible (I was at the plate a couple of times and trying to make an adjustment with my batter and my baserunners took off by accident)
- simple throwing the ball playing defense ala O=1st, Triangle=2nd, Square=3rd, and X=home
- I do want to be able to guess pitch and location while I'm batting
- I'd like to eliminate the analog sticks as much as humanly possible
- I'd also like to be able to tell which batter is at the plate for me; it seems like there are too many charts and overlays and I can't find the name of the batter anywhere

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'd appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Long story short, I'm looking for the simplistic way to play this game, like RBI Baseball on the NES.

I also want it to be realistic, so should I always swing for normal or contact, and just ignore swinging for power? I do want it to be realistic and challenging, I'm just unable to learn all of the new features.

Camera angles, throwing options, sliders, all welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Classic - Simple and Clean Presentation & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
Hi guys, just downloaded the game today. I've spent the past hour trying to adjust the hundreds of presentation options and sliders to find what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find what I need. I'm 35yrs old, I'm not really good, so I'm looking for the meat and potatoes presentation and sliders, aka the less buttons the better.

I've also searched the sliders forums and it's just too much to take in, so here's what I'm looking for:

- batting using the buttons
- pitching using the buttons
- baserunning made as easily as possible (I was at the plate a couple of times and trying to make an adjustment with my batter and my baserunners took off by accident)
- simple throwing the ball playing defense ala O=1st, Triangle=2nd, Square=3rd, and X=home
- I do want to be able to guess pitch and location while I'm batting
- I'd like to eliminate the analog sticks as much as humanly possible
- I'd also like to be able to tell which batter is at the plate for me; it seems like there are too many charts and overlays and I can't find the name of the batter anywhere

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'd appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Long story short, I'm looking for the simplistic way to play this game, like RBI Baseball on the NES.

I also want it to be realistic, so should I always swing for normal or contact, and just ignore swinging for power? I do want it to be realistic and challenging, I'm just unable to learn all of the new features.

Camera angles, throwing options, sliders, all welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Armor and swords is the way to go.
He uses a clean screen and it's not overly hard for us older gamers.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Armor and swords is the way to go.
He uses a clean screen and it's not overly hard for us older gamers.
Preciate the help.

I'll give it a go now.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Anyone know how to reset all sliders and settings to default (out of the box)?
Old 04-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
Anyone know how to reset all sliders and settings to default (out of the box)?
For sliders you can delete whatever sliders you have. The next time you reboot you will have default sliders. If you want to keep acces to any sliders saved, you can upload them to the vault before you delete them from your hardrive. I;m unsure how to reset settings.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »