Home

P.A.D. MLB The Show 2016 LEGEND Sliders

This is a discussion on P.A.D. MLB The Show 2016 LEGEND Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #41
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: P.A.D. MLB The Show 2016 LEGEND Sliders

Im streaming my next game with PAD's sliders as they are right now with the exception of CPU timing at 3. Dont ridicule too much as ive had a few drinks today, but wouldnt be playing if I wasnt going to be competitive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-gGTwZYBs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Legend Classic pitching?

Tried that this year. Never again.

All-Star is where I can get some semblance of irl baseball event rates, which should lead to irl win/loss/production. The real game is a challenge as it is, so if I can get that, then I'm, logically, getting challenged. So that is where I stay.

On Legend, I got nothing close to irl rates, so I moved back.

I admire folks who can get Legend to play a realistic game of baseball. I didn't see it. Maybe it's because I prefer Classic, but so it goes.
I've been playing with a hybrid of these sliders, CanOfCornCobb's original ones and my own. I've tested with different sliders, levels and hitting/pitching types. On legend classic pitching I was just getting destroyed. It was as if the cpu knew everything that was coming. I tried meter pitching just to see how the differences in how the computer would play at the plate. I noticed I was getting strikeouts where as on classic I was just getting pounded. The funny thing was that it was the pitches that I lost control on (poor timing on the intended target area) that was causing the computer to swing and miss. Everything that I timed up well seemingly got crushed. So just to try out what I thought I was seeing I dropped the human control and consistency to 0. Suddenly I was seeing meter type of pitches replicated on classic pitching. I was apprehensive about trying this because putting a pitching slider at a value of 0 sounds like a lot of wildness. I couldn't believe how much better it was pitching on legend (classic) in terms of not always hitting my spots and actually having some decent walk numbers. Just throwing this out there for anyone who wants to try these sliders but prefers classic to meter pitching.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #43
Banned

Made one more small change, increased Human Foul Frequency from 4 to 5 as I noticed there were way too many nubbers in front of the plate on poorly timed swings. This should allow some of those to kick foul.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #44
Banned

Made two more small changes today.

Increased User Contact to 6. At 5, there just wasn't enough offense generated by the user and too many solidly hit balls would be harmless fly outs.

Increase CPU Pitcher Consistency to 3. At 2, there were WAY too many wild pitches and hit batters. It seems very good now.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #45
Banned

Had to make a few more small changes.

- User Power - increased to 6. Too many games had scores of 2-1 and 3-2. This should increase extra base hits, leading to more runs and more realistic scores.

- CPU Pitcher Consistency - decrease back to 2. I had it at 3 for a few games, but the CPU just nips the corners all game every game, resulting in very poor contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 02:29 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Made two more small changes today.

Increased User Contact to 6. At 5, there just wasn't enough offense generated by the user and too many solidly hit balls would be harmless fly outs.

Increase CPU Pitcher Consistency to 3. At 2, there were WAY too many wild pitches and hit batters. It seems very good now.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was having trouble with this. I was previously using armors sliders in legend difficulty and every game I'm getting smoked because I could only generate 2-3 hits a game even though on the PCI I was making perfect contact. Hopefully the bump from 5 to 6 on contact and power will help a tad..just a little because I want to keep it competitive and realistic.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #47
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Hey PAD tried your latest set. Having a blast. Only thing that stood out to me was Hum Pow at 6 is too much. Otherwise, this set plays the best you can get on legend
Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #48
Banned

Made a few more changes today. I've played about 10 games now with these newest changes and I'm very happy with the way it's playing. The OP has been updated. Here are the most recent changes:

- User Contact - increase from 6 to 7 - there simply wasn't enough hits. My team average was hovering around .230, which is a touch low. Too many green contacts were resulting in poor contact. There were also way too many pop-ups to the catcher and dribblers in front of the plate. This plus User Timing at 5 should alleviate that issue.

- User Power - decrease from 6 to 5 - at 6 was a joke. I was hitting 3-4 jacks per game. This is better.

Let me know what you guys see. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »