Home

Slider(s) that affect bloop hits?

This is a discussion on Slider(s) that affect bloop hits? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Slider(s) that affect bloop hits?

One of the hardest things to do in game is get the sliders right to produce a correct amount of bloopers that fall in. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Slider(s) that affect bloop hits?

Solid hits set so that you get varying trajectories (will depend some on other sliders and your skill but bias is more to the left side of 5)

Low fielder speed (perhaps the biggest factor).
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Banned

I have solid hits and fielder speed at 0 so Ill see how it goes.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
One of the hardest things to do in game is get the sliders right to produce a correct amount of bloopers that fall in. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.
these are sliders I have used for years that produce great results for me.

*all-star/classic pitch

*cpu contact/power/timing - 6

*cpu foul frequency/solid hits - 2

*fielder speed/fielder reaction - 3

let me know how it goes and if you want my full slider sets, let me know and I will tell you what they are named in the slider vault.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
I've only noticed bloops when I use contact to swing. In my opinion adjusting the Sliders has little to do with the frequency of bloop hits in this version and all previous titles of Mlb the show.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACW1000
I've only noticed bloops when I use contact to swing. In my opinion adjusting the Sliders has little to do with the frequency of bloop hits in this version and all previous titles of Mlb the show.

i may be wrong, but their is a big difference in my opinion. i only pitch and never hit and i see a big difference between 5 and 2 for solid hits.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACW1000

I definitely agree that the type of swing that you use will produce a different variety of hits. That has been my biggest challenge with sliders and gameplay levels. Reducing solid hits and fielder speed doesn't truly produce a "bloop hit" it does allow for more hits to have the appearance of a bloop because it goes beyond the infielders and falls in front of the outfielders. The only thing with lowering the fielder speed too much is that you run the risk of losing fielding annimations (especially errors) because they don't make it to the ball fast enough to trigger the annimation. I've also noticed that the hit variety in general just seems better on anything lower than legend. The only time I see what looks like a blooper with a normal swing on legend is when I get jammed. I've considered playing with the contact on legend to see what that does. My goal is to hit variety with a normal swing. Great thread OP.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Solid Hits increases, not decreases, the number of bloop hits. So setting the slider at 0 is probably why you're not getting them.

It's important to remember that many of these bloops are technically line drives, and come on instances of poor contact, like being jammed inside or pulling off on an outside pitch. Solid Hits at 0 would cause these bloops to turn into pop-ups, grounders, and other bad hit types.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »