Home

Sliders and simulated games

This is a discussion on Sliders and simulated games within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Sliders and simulated games

Does anyone know if slider settings affect simulated non-human game results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders and simulated games

yes.

you can see what my sliders are the slider vault. I have to look up the names.

starter and reliever stamina - manager hook- and injury in cpu games via sim.
you need specific sliders for proper sim stats.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I just ran 7 simulation seasons with default sliders because I wanted to see exactly what effect default sliders have on the simulated part of the game.
I then went to last year's totals and did a rough comparison of total numbers per team and among stat leaders in all of The Show's categories. I only looked at last year because that's what the players in The Show 16 are based on.
I don't have numbers because I was sort of eyeballing this to get a rough sense and not get too obsessed with individual disparities in any stat. This also wasn't something I wanted to be doing all day. But, though the observations are rough, they held true for all seven of the seasons I simulated on default sliders.

This list is what I observed and what I think needs to be done to certain stats in the game:

PITCHING:
- Complete games have to be WAY lower. Far far too many in the game.
- Shutouts are too high.
- More allowed runs, earned and otherwise.
- Individual pitchers need to give up more HR. As it is right now, teams give up enough HRs as a total but it's only coming from a handful of pitchers when compared to real life.
- WHIP has to be lower across the board

HITTING:
- More SB. Attempts and caught stealing.
- More BB are necessary.

FIELDING:
- I don't know how to do this but assists are WAY too low in the game which would suggest outs are happening mostly from flyballs or strikeouts, I guess.
- Errors need to be increased across the board.

That's all I've got. What sliders need to be adjusted to achieve this and by how much, I have no idea. Just thought I'd share the results. Any input would be great.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I just ran 7 simulation seasons with default sliders because I wanted to see exactly what effect default sliders have on the simulated part of the game.
I then went to last year's totals and did a rough comparison of total numbers per team and among stat leaders in all of The Show's categories. I only looked at last year because that's what the players in The Show 16 are based on.
I don't have numbers because I was sort of eyeballing this to get a rough sense and not get too obsessed with individual disparities in any stat. This also wasn't something I wanted to be doing all day. But, though the observations are rough, they held true for all seven of the seasons I simulated on default sliders.

This list is what I observed and what I think needs to be done to certain stats in the game:

PITCHING:
- Complete games have to be WAY lower. Far far too many in the game.
- Shutouts are too high.
- More allowed runs, earned and otherwise.
- Individual pitchers need to give up more HR. As it is right now, teams give up enough HRs as a total but it's only coming from a handful of pitchers when compared to real life.
- WHIP has to be lower across the board

HITTING:
- More SB. Attempts and caught stealing.
- More BB are necessary.

FIELDING:
- I don't know how to do this but assists are WAY too low in the game which would suggest outs are happening mostly from flyballs or strikeouts, I guess.
- Errors need to be increased across the board.

That's all I've got. What sliders need to be adjusted to achieve this and by how much, I have no idea. Just thought I'd share the results. Any input would be great.

I am waiting on willard's hybrid roster before I finalize sim sliders.
I will say that different things factors are involved and search my thread for answers.
I figured out formulas for better bullpen; more errors; and better overall results via sim.
I need to put them all in one post.
For now – the sliders you should sim with are this:

*starter stamina – 1

*reliever stamina – 2

*manager hook – 6

If you set the bullpen right, that makes stats even better. Injury is realistic at 8-10, but, you really have to manually control all aspects, via 30-team control, to ensure proper AI usage of players.

I am glad to run test sims with you as well and thanks for you input.

Keep in touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »