Home

Hashtagjorgie's Sliders

This is a discussion on Hashtagjorgie's Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #9
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Hashtagjorgie's Sliders

Box Score for Yankees Franchise - Game 2

Notes:

1. Astros got out to early lead against Pineida
2. Yankees struggled to do much off of McHugh
3. Yankees were down 5-2 in the 8th with McHugh still on mound
4. Aaron Hicks (who replaced an injured Ellsbury earlier in game) leads off 8th with a triple
5. Gardner grounds out to first, to drive in Hicks
6. ARod Walks, followed by 2-Run HR by Teixeira (3) to tie the game at 5-5 in the 8th
7. Setup Man Andrew Miller comes in to pitch 1-2-3 9th with tied game
8. Chase Headley hits a walk-off HR (1) to right center field off of RP Sipp
9. Yankees win 6-5

Houston Astros at New York Yankees (Game 2)
Apr 6, 2016123456789RHE
Houston (1-1)003110000590
New York (1-1)0110000316100
W: Miller (1-0) L: Sipp (0-1)

Astros Batting:
2B: Correa, Castro
HR: Gomez, Rasmus
RBI: Altuve, Gomez (2), Correa, Rasmus

Astros Baserunning:
SB: Altuve, Gomez
CS: Altuve

Yankees Batting:
3B: Hicks
HR: Teixeira, Headley
RBI: Gardner, Rodriguez, Teixeira (2), Headley (2)
SF: Gardner, Headley

Yankees Baserunning:
SB: Gardner (2)
CS: Ellsbury

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 05-12-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE

(snip)

I cannot say enough about how lowering Fielder Speed impacts strategy and the rest of game.

I'll have to keep it in mind as I watch my games. So far, I still see OF on both sides have balls they can't get to and not cut off everything. And if Chris Carter and his blazing 32 SP can get a grounder down the line in LF at Fenway, (it was 112 MPH lol that's a heck of a grounder, might have left craters along the way), it seems to be fine so far.

But I'll keep a critical eye on it. I know 0 Fielder Speed can work, I just hope to keep physical abilities closer to real world (and set those sliders accordingly and use statcast metrics) and make the game work anyway.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #11
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Box Score for Yankees Franchise - Game 3

Notes:

1 Luis Severino had a no hitter with 8 K's through 5.1 inning
2. Chase Headley (2) in 2nd inning after driving hitting a walk-off previous night
2. Gardner allowed a line drive from Correa right at him to go through his glove and all the way to the wall. Ruled an error, no hitter still alive
3. Gattis drove in Correra with the first hit of the game to make it 2-1 NYY
4. Betances came on in the 6th, Andrew Miller took over in the 7th, and pitched a 1-2-3 8th
5. Yankees had 2-1 lead in 9th with CP Chapman on mound, and pinch hitter Mawrin Gonzalez catches up to 101 MPH fastball for an opposite field HR to tie the game. Chapman tagged with blown save in first appearance as Yankee.
6. Carols Beltran leads off 11th inning with an opposite field double. Without the sliders this would have been an easy out. It was blooper to mid-left field, Rasmus came on and slid feet first and it was out of his reach. The ball rolled pass Rasmus, and Beltran had a stand up double.
7. Injured (arm) Ellsbury pinch runs
8. Ellsbury advances on pass ball to 3rd
9. Next two batters strikeout
10. Gregorious walks with 2 outs and Ellsbury on third
11. Austin Romine gets sold single to left, third hit of the night to have Yankees walk-off two games in row
12. Yankees take opening series 2-1 from Astros
13. I had a hard time picking ball up early in game. It was a 4 PM start and shadows were rough. Out of the 10 hits, I would say 6 or 7 were after 6th inning when the shadows were a little more forgiving.
14. Fister was starter for HOU and kept sinker down most of the game

Astros at Yankees |
Apr 7, 2016123456789ExtrasRHE
Houston (1-2)000001001240
New York (2-1)11000000013102
W: Nova (1-0) L: Neshek (0-1)

Astros Batting:
HR: M. Gonzalez
RBI: Gattis, M. Gonzalez
HBP: Altuve

Astros Baserunning:
SB: Altuve, Springer
CS: Gomez

Yankees Batting:
2B: Beltran
HR: Headley
RBI: Gardner, Headley, Romine
SF: Gardner, Headley

Yankees Baserunning:
SB: Gardner, Castro, Gregorious

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 05-12-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I agree OF speed is better than in past, but I still feel like they get there too fast, and lowering Fielder Speed to 0 was only remedy.

I still feel like speedster OFs...Betts, Gardner, Bradley Jr, Trout....
These guys are under everything most of the time, but sometimes balls drop in on them, or they cant get to them if its slicing away from them at an angle. It also causes them to make more running catches, which require them to stop, plant, and throw back into IF....

This also allows easier/more realistic tagups from 3rd to home, or 2nd to 3rd on DEEP flys.

Now to your specific question...

I still feel that if you have an OF with lets say 60 Speed (now curved on Fielder Speed being 0) and a guy running around bases with speed 60 (Base Runner Speed is still at 5)...that it plays out well.

This is more because of my main gripe which is, the stadium just is not as big as it should be.
The throw from the wall to a cutoff man, or 2B is pretty "short".

I have not seen an increase in triples, or unrealistic doubles as a result.
I am speaking from both sides by the way...cause CPU hits plenty of balls in gap that I need to chase down with Carlos Beltran (Speed 50 range) and he still gets to it in plenty of time. The difference? The batter is now half way to 2nd or at 2nd already. With Fielder Speed at 5, I can sometimes pickup a ball in gap, and throw to 2nd and make the runner slide into 2nd on what should have been a standup double....this should not happen. Yankee stadium RF is short, but a gap double is a gap double...no excuse for close plays on balls in the gap that someone had to go chase.

So while dropping Fielder Speed from 5 to 0 seems drastic.
How it plays out in the game, is surprisingly accurate.

And since everyone is "curved" on same value (IF, OF, slow guys, fast guys) there is still a huge difference between an OF with 99 speed, and one with 40-50 speed. So stand out guys, will...stand out.

Also OF running to balls, still seems faster than base runners, despite the sliders being on opposite ends. On the base paths, you run in a straight line...kinda confined to base paths, so you are only as fast as your rating.

In OF you run at balls at angles, and cutting balls off in the air or bouncing off wall at the correct angle helps you "eat up more ground" despite technically moving slower in certain scenarios...

Couple all of the above with the fact that the game still has logic built into it...
If you are at 2nd, and the OF already is in process of firing ball into cutoff man, the CPU will not continue onto 3rd (most of time)

So it has to be where the ball rolled around, the OF did not pick up ball in time, and the guy is already halfway or at 2nd, and the ball still is rattling around. This will now force the OF to make a play. The right thing to do in real life, and in the game with these sliders is....hit the cut off man, and relay to third to try and catch that sucker....

In the past this rarely happened, because the fielder would have had the ball in his hand before the player even go to 2nd.

I cannot say enough about how lowering Fielder Speed impacts strategy and the rest of game.
I think that's a great observation. I really hope that outfielder speed and infielder speed works off of two separate sliders next year. I find that I can get the infield playing great but the trade off is that the outfield plays way too fast making every field play small no matter what the dimensions are.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #13
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

I agree with a Fielder speed of 0 I experimented with this over a week ago and it made a big difference in gameplay. I agree Fielder's we're getting to the ball way too fast. however I use All-Star pitching and basically the same settings as you. I believe my base runner speed is 4 and Fielder and Outfield arm is 4. I also use human contact 9 CPU contact 8 solid hits 3 for both. Power 5 for both.

I am also using quick counts which adds a little more pressure when coming to the plate or pitching with a 3-2 count for or against or 0-2 count for example. Good variety of hits strikeouts and walks in comparison to real MLB numbers.

After a 20 game test i batted .263 cpu batted .293 CPU contact was 9 timing 6. I slugge .420, on-base percentage .299, ERA 3.95, hit 25 HR avg for 20 games for the most part. Scored 88 runs. Was 11-9 with bmore. Currently 5-3 in my franchise.

It was good to someone else experimenting with zero Fielding speed once again it makes a difference in gameplay. Another Factor is picture control and consistency both I have set at 3 great mix of pitches and you pay for mistakes.

I just wanted to toss out what I was doing and what works for me. tnk sliders were a good Baseline and then I adjusted from there. Great games that I actually enjoy for example my last game against Boston I lost 3-2 I had 5 hits Boston had 9.... Be glad to be glad to provide other information if needed great working with you on this and seeing your feedback as well. I did think about using Hall of Fame pitching on away games. I will make that call midseason to make the second half a little tougher possibly.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #14
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

I would use trade frequency of 1 or 2 because in franchise there is excessive trading if it was on 5 or higher. I saw some slider sets that have a graduated trade frequency throughout the season has a deadline approaches.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachModer
I would use trade frequency of 1 or 2 because in franchise there is excessive trading if it was on 5 or higher. I saw some slider sets that have a graduated trade frequency throughout the season has a deadline approaches.

Is there? There's been hardly any trades in my year 7 carryover (I have it on 8... there were all of 2 deadline deals and 5 from April to July and no post-deadline deals). In my new MLB16 franchise, it's on 8 and it's been one trade through May...one I made.

I'd actually WANT more trades in my fantasy draft franchise (the new MLB16 one). Rosters are probably showing real weaknesses + injuries...seeing some player movement wouldn't be bad. But, nope, crickets. Guess I'll go to 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachModer
I agree with a Fielder speed of 0 I experimented with this over a week ago and it made a big difference in gameplay. I agree Fielder's we're getting to the ball way too fast. however I use All-Star pitching and basically the same settings as you. I believe my base runner speed is 4 and Fielder and Outfield arm is 4. I also use human contact 9 CPU contact 8 solid hits 3 for both. Power 5 for both.

I am also using quick counts which adds a little more pressure when coming to the plate or pitching with a 3-2 count for or against or 0-2 count for example. Good variety of hits strikeouts and walks in comparison to real MLB numbers.

After a 20 game test i batted .263 cpu batted .293 CPU contact was 9 timing 6. I slugge .420, on-base percentage .299, ERA 3.95, hit 25 HR avg for 20 games for the most part. Scored 88 runs. Was 11-9 with bmore. Currently 5-3 in my franchise.

It was good to someone else experimenting with zero Fielding speed once again it makes a difference in gameplay. Another Factor is picture control and consistency both I have set at 3 great mix of pitches and you pay for mistakes.

I just wanted to toss out what I was doing and what works for me. tnk sliders were a good Baseline and then I adjusted from there. Great games that I actually enjoy for example my last game against Boston I lost 3-2 I had 5 hits Boston had 9.... Be glad to be glad to provide other information if needed great working with you on this and seeing your feedback as well. I did think about using Hall of Fame pitching on away games. I will make that call midseason to make the second half a little tougher possibly.
Hiya Coachmoder.
I too play with Quick Counts, (All Star) but have gotten myself into slider tangle...I cant see ANY HRs for both myself or the CPU.
Could you post your slider sets pleasse>

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »