Home

HOF pitching and all star hitting sliders go Giants!

This is a discussion on HOF pitching and all star hitting sliders go Giants! within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
HOF pitching and all star hitting sliders go Giants!

There are a lot of popular sliders on here already and the game has been out for a few months so hopefully people will still give these a shoot. So here are the sliders I have been working on for HOF pitching all star hitting. I have always found pitching to be much easier than hitting in the show and this years game is also easier to pitch on than it was in the past. For fielding I play with button accuracy and on all star. I tried HOF but couldn't make throws like at all. Wouldn't mind if there was a All-star+ for fielding lol. I play zone analog hitting and analog pitching. Also I think this years game plays pretty good over all on default compared to the past.

Human Contact - 5
Human Power - 6 was getting almost zero HR on 5
Human Timing -5
Human Foul Frequency - 8 I don't get many if I play at 5
Human Solid Hits - 5
Human Starter Stamina - 6 at 5 pitches get tried to fast. I tried 7 but I think guys had a little to much stamina then. At 6 a guy with a 99 stamina rating takes like 125 pitches to be at zero stamina. In real life pitchers don't normally throw over like 120. So I think having a guy be able to get to 125 to be at 0 stamina is pretty good.
Human Reliever Stamina - 2 with this setting if you use the same relievers game after game they are going to be tried and you are going to need to give them a day or 2 off just like in real life.
Human Pitch Control - 3 At 5 I don't throw enough balls
Human Pitcher Consistency - 4 thought about going to 3 but I find on 3 that to often when I miss I end up missing over the plate instead of for a ball.
CPU Contact - 5
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 5 been going back and forth between if I should do 4 or 5. On 4 I felt like the CPU didn't hit well enough over all but at 5 maybe not enough strike outs. I am not sure need to play more at 5.
CPU Foul Frequency - 3 at 5 the CPU fouls off to many pitches and as at bats where they are just going to foul something off in till they get a good pitch to hit.
CPU Solid Hits - 5
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2
CPU Pitcher Control - 4 at 5 I was finding the CPU was a little to strike happy and it was a little to hard to get walks.
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Strike Frequency - 5
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 7 at 5 I find the CPU is a little to easy to get steals on and they don't throw over enough.
Fastball Pitch Speed - 7 at 5 I cant hit like at all and I like never strike out. Years ago they made pitch speed slower. Now with that pitches look to float which makes me early on like ever thing if I play at 5. On 7 I can time my swing much better and strike out.
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 8 I have always had a hard time hitting changeups with having this at 8 and 1 above fastball speed I can time changeups better and can tell changeups are changeups better.
Fielding Errors Infield - 5
Fielding Errors Outfield - 4 at 5 to many drops you almost never see drop on fly balls in real life
Throwing Errors Infield - 5
Throwing Errors Outfield - 6 on 5 you don't really ever see bad throws needs to be higher then infield throws
Fielder Run Speed – 0 on 5 guys track down to many balls and you never see balls over out fields heads.
Fielder Reaction - 4
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 5
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5
Baserunner Speed - 5
Baserunner Steal Ability - 5 I may up this to 6. I have heard people say that the pitch speed sliders make a difference in stealing bases. I have not really noticed it at least not much. So I think it may need to go up to 6 with higher pitch speeds but not sure yet.
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 7 at 5 CPU doesn't steal much
Wind - 6 at 5 you don't see much wind at all
Injury Frequency - 8 played a lot of games at 5-6 and I had none.
Trade Frequency - 5

Most of these sliders are set but I may change a few things and would like to see what other people think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: HOF pitching and all star hitting sliders go Giants!

Interesting set & your thoughts as well. Have u adjuated these any since u put these on here or still like above?
Old 06-04-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
All Star

Re: HOF pitching and all star hitting sliders go Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlphookem77
Interesting set & your thoughts as well. Have u adjuated these any since u put these on here or still like above?

No I don't get as much time to play this game has some people on here do. I don't get to play video games has much has I would like to. I am a sports nut and with working and with playing a lot of other video games I don't get a lot of time to play. These sliders I felt like where giving realistic results. In a week or so when NBA, NHL season ends I will have a lot more time to play. I don't really like watching MLB. I really only watch MLB is the Giants make the playoffs in part because it is hard keeping up with NBA, NFL, NHL and with working and also I am just not a big baseball guy. But even though I don't watch a lot of baseball I know what is a good batting average or ERA, HR numbers etc. Have you tried some games with these sliders? Would love to hear what you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »