Home

I need seperation

This is a discussion on I need seperation within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
I need seperation

My last 7 games (first 2 series of the year) Ive either won or lost by 1 run, 3x going into extra innings. 3x in 7 games, and all 7 have been within a run. What slider(s) can I adjust to get some seperation in my scores? I like the stats, and the games are nothing rediculous or unreal. Im just tired of going into extra innings and games finishing by 1 run every game. I know it is only 7 games, but if this continues, I will want to delete my chise and start over. I dont mind close games, but I will not be able to handle 162 close games. My heart wont take it lol. I play these games, like I cheer my Indians in real life. I keep looking at the sliders and just get puzzled because I may hurt some part of the game. Any help or thoughts would be great.

Last 7 Indians games
vs Red Sox 11 innings 4-5
vs Red Sox neck and neck scoring 6-7
vs Red Sox 11 innings 3-2
@ White Sox 3-4
@ White Sox 10 innings 1-2
@ White Sox 4-3

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I need seperation

As you said - it's only 7 games. If you are just starting a season wait until players/pitchers start playing tired and see what happens. I have seen a lot of close games but not abnormal amount.

I had a stretch of 17 straight days with a game and had a 18 inning game followed with my starter getting hurt in the 2nd inning. Once that bullpen is ragged the close games will stop LOL
Old 06-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: I need seperation

Sounds like you just need to pitch better. You might be pitching to the score, that is, pitching on "cruise control" and not really paying attention until the game is on the line.

There's no slider that fixes this. The only way to get greater run differentials is to get more runs. So unless you wanna rig the sliders in favor of more offense, there isnt really anything you can do.

So I'd just look in the mirror and see if you are playing as well as you could be, consistently through all nine innings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »