Home

Hitting too many homeruns.

This is a discussion on Hitting too many homeruns. within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hitting too many homeruns.

I play on Veteran hitting and find myself hitting way more homeruns then base hits. It should be noted that I'm playing as the Braves so we all know this shouldn't be happening.

I was wondering which sliders I could adjust to make more base hits opposed to homeruns. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Hitting too many homeruns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton
I play on Veteran hitting and find myself hitting way more homeruns then base hits. It should be noted that I'm playing as the Braves so we all know this shouldn't be happening.

I was wondering which sliders I could adjust to make more base hits opposed to homeruns. Thanks.
Lower power, to start.

If you're not getting enough hits, raise contact.

If you're not getting enough doubles or tripples, raise solid hits.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah it's hard to determine from your post whether you're not getting hits in general or if you're getting hits but more homeruns than normal hits.

If you're not getting a whole lot of hits in general, I would follow Cycloniac's advice.

If you are getting a bunch of hits, I would start with just lowering contact. If you find yourself getting normal amount of hits but still pounding the ball I would then start lowering power. By paying attention to your results, you can also determine whether or not you need to adjust your solid hits.

Remember to use as big of a test case as you can. Meaning don't change after every single game. I started my season with 5 homeruns and 12 hits and thought I needed to make some adjustments. But I didn't. After 10 games I was in dead last in BA, OBP, and Runs. By a lot...

Cycloniac...Collegeville? I grew up in St. Cloud.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio2031
Yeah it's hard to determine from your post whether you're not getting hits in general or if you're getting hits but more homeruns than normal hits.

If you're not getting a whole lot of hits in general, I would follow Cycloniac's advice.

If you are getting a bunch of hits, I would start with just lowering contact. If you find yourself getting normal amount of hits but still pounding the ball I would then start lowering power. By paying attention to your results, you can also determine whether or not you need to adjust your solid hits.

Remember to use as big of a test case as you can. Meaning don't change after every single game. I started my season with 5 homeruns and 12 hits and thought I needed to make some adjustments. But I didn't. After 10 games I was in dead last in BA, OBP, and Runs. By a lot...

Cycloniac...Collegeville? I grew up in St. Cloud.
That's awesome!

Twenty minutes away

Old 06-18-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2016, 12:31 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

Yea I have the same problem I had 55 HR as a team in the beginning of second month of season..so I lowered the hit power and raised the solid hits and foul frequency..hopefully this helps me out
Old 07-27-2016, 05:32 AM   #7
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Take a look at my slider set True Game MLB Slider...I am the Orioles and am currently hitting an average of 1.42 HR a game, the real life O's are hitting 1.54 HR a game. HR is right on point with the rest of my league as well. I believe I lead Toronto 170 to 165. We have been back and forth all year. What's I interesting is that B-more has a 5 HR lead over Toronto in real life as well.

Adding my slider modifications has added value and realism to the game and involves no slider chasing throughout the season. Take look and see what you think. If you want any other data Swanton. I based my sliders on data I collected on stats between 2000 to 2016 and tried to get my numbers for my league around the same in real life and where we cannot mirror them I believe I have gotten as close as I could and it presents a challenge each game.

Coach
Old 07-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton

I believe that Solid Hits should never be above 2 or 3.
Set Contact, Power, Timing at 6 and Foul Frequency at 2.
All-Star w/ Quick Counts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »