Home

The Trade Slider

This is a discussion on The Trade Slider within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
The Trade Slider

So has anyone really figured this out yet? I have seen a few different settings, and formula's throughout a season. I do not use 30 team control. I want some trades, but I dont want crazy amount of trades (with the exception of the deadline). Is it better to just leavee it at 5, or do a formula style?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Trade Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
So has anyone really figured this out yet? I have seen a few different settings, and formula's throughout a season. I do not use 30 team control. I want some trades, but I dont want crazy amount of trades (with the exception of the deadline). Is it better to just leavee it at 5, or do a formula style?

I just leave it at 9 and call it a day. Activity is heaviest around the deadline and still not a lot between April and June. You do get some but the teams don't seem to think the deadline is every day in terms of activity.

At 5, I rarely saw trades in my franchises, even at the deadline. I tried 7 and still nothing. 9, I saw a lot of deadline activity and now some activity during the year so it's not completely dead. Higher settings also get teams to propose trades to you more. I haven't accepted one yet, but it gives you a bit of a window to what they might be thinking.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I just leave it at 9 and call it a day. Activity is heaviest around the deadline and still not a lot between April and June. You do get some but the teams don't seem to think the deadline is every day in terms of activity.

At 5, I rarely saw trades in my franchises, even at the deadline. I tried 7 and still nothing. 9, I saw a lot of deadline activity and now some activity during the year so it's not completely dead. Higher settings also get teams to propose trades to you more. I haven't accepted one yet, but it gives you a bit of a window to what they might be thinking.
Oh good ok. Sounds exactly like I am looking for. 9 it is all day. Thanks KB

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 07-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm in late June of my season and have yet to see a single trade (other than the one I made) with the slider at default. I have had a handful of offers from other teams.

I play with injuries off, so I assumed that was the reason I didn't see any trades. I definitely want to see some around the deadline though. If I bump it up to 10, will that overdo it?

On MLB 15, none of the CPU teams traded, even at the deadline. I used to get a fair amount of trades in previous versions.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 07-11-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my RTTS, I moved the trade slider down to 2 when I started, mostly because I was scared of getting traded or the AI making a stupid trade. My team would usually attempt 1-3 trades during the entire season for the 5 seasons I had the slider at 2.

I've recently moved the slider up to 10 to try and balance out my team some more (way too many starting pitchers, no decent players at C or 3B). Over the past month (mid-June to mid-July), my team has attempted 3 trades. I simmed the month of July a few times and there were usually 3 or 4 trades. I assume there would be less trades before July.

By the way, does anyone know if the trade slider has any affect on offseason trades? I assume it does but wasn't sure.

Last edited by Mekias; 07-13-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

From Opening Day up to the AllStar break I have it a 6.

From the AllStar break up to Opening Day I have it at 9.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »