Home

Real Is Rare Slider Set

This is a discussion on Real Is Rare Slider Set within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Real Is Rare Slider Set

Hey bro do you think these would work on legend difficulty? Couple other questions, why 4 on contact and why 0 on fielder run speed and reaction? Just curious because i feel the same way that you do as far as realistic feel and stats and all of it. I was just wondering what you have noticed thats all. Thanks bro!! Mpm9
Old 08-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #10
Rookie

What camera are you using for batting
Old 08-26-2016, 02:51 AM   #11
Rookie

I use the mlb 16 view
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 03:21 AM   #12
Rookie

iiamcb what camera are you using for batting? You have a pic but didn't say what camera it is
Old 08-26-2016, 03:39 AM   #13
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Great to see your House Rules. I use basically the same thing that you have. I like the trade rules you have and the increase in the trade slider as the deadline approaches. I plan on using something similar as I get ready to start my 2017 season since I just finished up 2016.

I use 7 for both my pitch speeds and 4 for foul frequency, they worked good all year. I also use modifiers that I apply before the start of each game if you are interested you can see my blog in this forum under True MLB Game Sliders. Got realistic stats off of them and it was a great season. I am looking to revisit them before I start the 2017 season to see if any improvements can be made. Feel free to chime in.

If you need any stats just let me know I have the entire season saved and can provide feedback with what worked for me.

Coach
Old 08-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #14
Pro

iiamcb, I have been trying to find HOF Pitching/All Star Hitting Sliders that fit my playing style for quite some time. I also use classic pitch without Pitcher warmup, a ball marker, vibration or Hot/Cold Zones. I go by feel totally and t seems to play more realistic to me. It seems when I go AS Pitching I have to jack up the CPU Hitting Sliders so high that they get on the same crazy hit streaks as they do on HOF Default. These intrigue me by the possibilities the lower FF, Contact and Solid Hits may provide with the lower Human Pitch Consistency and Control. I normally only have time to play on the weekends when the wife and kid go to bed, so I would love to find a set I can just roll with....these look very promising except a couple questions. 1-I usually have CPU and Human SP Stamina at 6, but you have yours much much lower. Right now, at 6, I can get around 100 pitches from a starter...sometimes less/more depending on their effectiveness. Doesn't this lower SP Stamina show the pitcher getting tired message very early in the pitch count? 2-Base runner speed. I normally have IF Arm strength at 5 and Base runner speed at 5. I preload my throws so I don't see that many IF hits at all. Do you have a good representation of BR Speed at 3? Does this affect the stealing ability? 3-CPU Pitch Consistency and Control - Are there a ton of meatballs, wild pitches and HBP with it so low? I love the idea of the pitcher actually missing spots. But don't want to feel like I am cheesing. I may try 2,2,4 for the CPU Pitch sliders. Bottomline, I think this will be a great base set. I think I will try these with the following tweaks: base runner speed at 5, Human Control and Consistency at 2,2, CPU Pitching at 2,2,4, CPU/HUM SP stamina at 6 and Relief Stamina at 4 (it seems like at 4 a reliever can go a couple days in a row, but not 3 or 4 normally.) I will report how it played out and more importantly how it felt.

Last edited by Fcshuckers73; 08-26-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm9
Hey bro do you think these would work on legend difficulty? Couple other questions, why 4 on contact and why 0 on fielder run speed and reaction? Just curious because i feel the same way that you do as far as realistic feel and stats and all of it. I was just wondering what you have noticed thats all. Thanks bro!! Mpm9
Sorry for replying so late bro, work week been crazy BUT I believe they could work on legend (might have to tweak some things) but I'm more than willing to help figure out your tweaks if need be.

I have 4 contact because I was consistently seeing too many 10+ hit games. Now I'm seeing 7,8,9 hit games more times with an occasional outbreak of 10+ games. Just creates a more realistic feel for me.

Fielder reaction being set to 0 is because I'm using the actual players fielding ratings and not letting the slider set dictate the fielders outcome (if that makes sense). You'll see a difference between the good fielders and those who may not be a skilled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt_24_r
What camera are you using for batting
I'm using a custom batting view based off of the retro view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »