Home

P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 03:28 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders

Ok fellas I've updated the OP with version 3 of my sliders. I'm happy with the way these are turning out. I played a game last night which led to my most recent changes. Here are the stats from my most recent game:

You may notice that this game featured 6 homers, 3 from each team. The wind was blowing out to right during the game which accounted for much of the power. Because of this I lowered the wind a notch because Chris Davis hit a 481 footer and Jacoby Ellsbury hit a 449 footer, so obviously wind plays an enormous factor in these astronomical home run distances. Let me know what you guys think. I've uploaded them to the vault as well, these should be good to go with the OSFM rosters releasing tomorrow.

Edit: you may also notice that I used 6 pitchers. That's because Severino got injured in the second inning so I had to use relievers throughout the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 09:38 AM   #26
Rookie

comebackkid's Arena

Re: P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders

Hey P.A.D. Tried your sliders for another three games but made some very small tweaks and the results were great (at least in my opinion)

- I set the CPU Reliever Stamina to 0 and the CPU Manager Hook to 3 to start the game. Like on Mike Lowe's sliders, I manually change from 3 to 7 once the first reliever comes in. More realistic results and relievers do not overthrow.

- Set the Human Power Slider to 4, I still hit 5 home runs in 3 games.

- Increased the pitch speed to 6. I tried with both 6-7 and both of them were good. It's harder to square and hit the ball hard and it's more challenging but not impossible. Five is too slow for me.

Played the three opening day games as the visiting team and won two.

Game 1:
Cubs at Cardinals (6-5)

Notes: Struck out 6 with my SP. Hit 3 HR (measured at 432(Rizzo), 408(Schwarber) and 381(Heyward). Gave up one home run in the 9th (wall scraper(Grichuk)). Almost blew the save.

HR Locations
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The location, timing of the swing and working the count help a lot. I thing I can still tweak both the Power and Wind sliders.

Game 2:
Yankees at Rays (7-0)

Notes: Archer was nearly untouchable and I struck out 10 times. Managed to fan 7 with my SP. Two pulled home runs, not unrealistic. Bullpen didn't help.

Game 3:
Giants at D'backs (5-1)

Notes: Hit 2 home runs (392(Pence) and 462(Parker). Only struck out 3 and I struck out around 7 times.

Parker and Pence have some power but still the results were inflated by the wind.

I really like the results so far. Plenty of doubles, hits, strike outs, tense moments, etc. Not so sure about the wind and power though.

Last edited by comebackkid; 04-08-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #27
Banned

I think we're ready to go. Version 4.0 has been updated in the OP and it's playing very well. Please let me know what you guys think. These should be ready for franchise.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #28
Rookie

comebackkid's Arena

Not seeing this really, I think the latest patch messed up the power sliders. Back to 450+ feet home runs and unrealistic exit velocity speeds.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #29
Banned

Maybe you have better coordination than I do, but on these current sliders, I'm seeing good games. I actually may increase pitch speed to 6. I only played a few innings with it at 6 and had some realistic results. Need to play a bit more but every other slider seems solid to me.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 PM   #30
Rookie

comebackkid's Arena

Maybe. This is the first time that I'm playing Legend though.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #31
Rookie

Just like every other set I'm sure we all will make an adjustment here or there (skill level or preference) but this is one excellent base P.A.D!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #32
Rookie

comebackkid's Arena

Turned the CPU slider to 0 and the Human Power to 1, no wind, and still hitting unrealistic home runs.

Guys with no power at all hitting 450 plus bombs opposite field. I'm starting to think that these tape measure home runs will remain no matter what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »