Home

'17 Moonshot HR's

This is a discussion on '17 Moonshot HR's within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: '17 Moonshot HR's

HR's seem to be really out of control this year. Not only the power, but the frequency. And i have already two grand slam in around four games ( one with Andrew Toles ).
Old 03-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
HR's seem to be really out of control this year. Not only the power, but the frequency. And i have already two grand slam in around four games ( one with Andrew Toles ).
Agree...it's the guys hitting these huge bombs that concerns me. Lots of non-power hitters can hit HR's but they don't often hit them 450+ feet. And I wasn't even swinging power - those were normal swings (including the Bryant HR I posted in Impressions).

Maybe with the fly balls unleashed due to physics changes it's time for HR/9 to finally mean something....but that's a discussion for another time.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #11
Banned

U got cpu vs cpu sliders or know of any yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #12
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

This goes down in my book under unnatural contact due to enhancements brought by the sliders, I don't blame the ball physics in this case.

When it comes to in-game sliders it's impossible to know without having my hands on the game, which won't happen until OSFM releases. I definitely agree that the most problematic slider however, is most likely not Power.

I'm just posting to say, I've played previous iterations with the Power Slider on 10 and still have never seen a 500 ft HR before. This setting (in conjunction with my others) offered so much improvement to past versions for me with ground balls, made pitching a blast knowing the punishment at stake for leaving too hittable a ball for strong guys a added thrill to otherwise innocent fly balls that could have been perceived to leave yard knowing the power capable (It helped me never take pitching for granted).

I hope people look beyond the power slider when they want to correct this moonshot HR issue, I won't speculate how to remedy this without having the game but I will emphasize the opinion to look for solutions aside from the power slider.
Spoiler

What I want to do is go in my PS4 and peel away a couple of examples of HR power with the slider at 10 prior to MLB 17'. I know the power slider will solve this issue but hopefully we'll have an alternative solution to that. In my view, the problem is just some type of unnatural contact and that could be due to any of the batting sliders.

[edit:

here goes examples of what I'm used to with the power level Max'd out. I'm ambitious to continue having the slider this way with the new ball physics by configuring other sliders that affect types of hitting you see from the game:]

Spoiler

Last edited by @legendm0de; 03-29-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #13
Rookie

Yea I kinda thought I was crazy Joe panik hit a 498 ft shot off of me using Noah syndergaard.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-29-2017, 01:36 AM   #14
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I have my solid hits at 5 and power at 4 for HUM and CPU and I haven't seen a HR over 435 feet in 5 games so far. Getting a good variety of hits. This is with directional hitting, however, not zone, on All-Star hitting/HOF pitching difficulties.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

One thing that made me nervous when I read about the stadium tagging was would they somehow make it easier to hit tape measure jobs in order to highlight and show off the feature. It sounds like that may be the case.

I've seen this in other sport games as well. A new feature gets added and the game tilts in that direction to show off the new animations, functionality, etc.

C

Last edited by capa; 03-29-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #16
MVP

forme95's Arena

Well hopefully they can just tune this down and not over power the pitchers. I've only gotten a few games in, but I am liking the more offense this year. Last year it seemed the pitchers were over powered. Just my .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »