Home

'17 Moonshot HR's

This is a discussion on '17 Moonshot HR's within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #57
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: '17 Moonshot HR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The power slider doesn't have any effect on sims. You'd have to play them out in-game. The ones that matter (I believe) based on last year are Stamina, Hook, Injury, and Trade. So if you find something in the hitting sliders that fixes the distances but doesn't break in-game balance, it's valid.

TBH I'm kind of waiting for Nomo to start his CPU vs CPU testing because that always gives a good baseline for how the game operates (user vs CPU results will always vary based on user skill). We'll see if he's noticing trends like this over a large sample size, and we'll have a better idea of where to adjust from there. In the meantime I'm just observing stuff while I play the game - I'm still having a ton of fun with this game despite the issues I've seen.

Great post Bcruise. And agree about Nomo's cpu vs cpu thread. Always great insight and info.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #58
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Just play games at Coors field. Ridiculous HRs.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #59
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf0255
Just play games at Coors field. Ridiculous HRs.

Didn't the people testing this game see this? Did they struggle to find an answer away from the game default settings, or were these moon shots 'fun'? I'm glad you guys are working on this to help find a cause that might bring a little more consistency. The moon shots by non-power guys SHOULD have been something a gamer could have occur by playing with the sliders, not the other way around.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #60
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

I seen some 550' range. I doubt anyone hits those ? Am I right.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #61
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Playing with everything 100% per A&S sliders and settings and the moon shots continue. I've played 15+ games the last few days, and I'm enjoying the game but it's an immersion killer at times. Just hit the ball out of Kauffman stadium with Brandon Moss, a 565 foot bomb. Wouldn't be an issue, but it's the 3rd moon shot of the game, and it's a 2-2 tie with the Angels and the game just began. Cowart hit a 465 bomb to dead center, and Gordon hit a 458 homer to lead the game off.

This is the new Show norm, and although I'm enjoying myself and the game is awesome (qualifying "apologist" comment so I can discuss game opportunities w/o flaming) I'm still trying to crack the code to the slider/setting fix to normalize while bringing attention to a key game opportunity from my personal experience.

I like to stick close to default, and or keystone slider makers sets so I can compare results with far larger sample sizes than just myself testing, so if anyone is using A&S sliders with additinal power dampening adjustments that seem to be clicking, please share.

Btw the wind is on default and blowing out to RF 11.4 mph, so there is that but I have no idea what to make of it.

Update: Another Brandon "Bonds" Moss moonshot home run to dead center 511' same game next at bat.

Moved this here for more focused slider discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

MadBum's out there treating it like the hit speed in this game is too low.

#PitchersWhoRake....at 112 mph. Twice.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:21 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 14

FYI the plate coverage is the Contact slider. It seems like it's easy to get a squared up mash even on pitches on the black. I been playing with it at 3 while everything else on Default. Still too many homeruns in general but a lot of them are barely clearing the fence at least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #64
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

I'm now 10 games into my Rockies season, and after those 10 games, I'm averaging 2.7 homers per game total between the two teams.

I've yet to move to A&Ss 2.0 Gold sliders because I wanted to get 20 games of data with the 1.5 sliders before the contact and power sliders were adjusted.

The games I've played so far have been in Miller Park (2.45 HR / G) and Coors Field (2.63 HR /G). Those are the real life HRs per game in those parks so I can't really say the macro level homeruns are off for me.

The two worst homers were from Jett Bandy and Andy Susac from the Brewers (they were opposite field shots), but both were also mistake pitches and ended up being meatballs.

I still stand by the fact that Showtrack is using exit velocity, launch angle and park effects to calculate the correct homerun distances for the Showtrack HRs, and like nomo said a few posts ago, I think the exit velocities are skewed toward the higher end a bit. I'm keeping track of mine when I get the data.

Last edited by jmel07; 04-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »