Home

Ninertravel 2017 Sliders

This is a discussion on Ninertravel 2017 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Ninertravel 2017 Sliders

Thought I would give this a shot this year, every year I play in franchise and play every single game to start off with on the schedule so i get a feel of different teams, different stadiums it helps work out sliders, Yes Veteran for hitting it may seem easy, but it's not about difficulty for me, it's about getting realistic stats and a variety of games, trying to get that balance of having plenty of walks and strikeouts. so far I have found this tricky this year, because lowering pitch consistency has a massive increase of wild pitches and HBP.

I have taken the ideas from itbeme23, so credit to him for his sliders in 15 and 16, I like the way his sliders worked with all this, and we have not heard from him in a year, so hopefully he may return again sometime this year

User Settings:

Batting & Baserunning

Hitting Difficulty: Veteran
Hitting Interface: Directional
Input Type: Buttons
PCI: Off
Hitting View: Fish Eye
In-Play View Offense: Broadcast (User Preference)
Guess Pitch: Off
Baserunning Decisions: Auto (User Preference)
Baserunning Interface: Default
Sliding Decisions: Assist
Runner Windows: Assist

Pitching:

Pitching Difficulty: All-Star
Pitching Interface: Classic
Pitching View: Broadcast

Fielding:

Throwing Interface: Timing
Throwing Meter: Off
Fielding Decision: Auto (adds more realism)
Throwing Decision: Off
In-Play View Defense: Broadcast (much easier to see)
Throw Canceling: Off

Sliders:

User:

Power: 4 (long balls seem to be large this year)
Timing: 5
Foul Frequency: 5
Solid Hits: 4
Starter Stamina: 5 (this seems to be working, most Aces can pitch 105 pitches before the energy bar gets to yellow)
Reliever Stamina: 2
Pitcher Control: 2
Pitcher Consistency: 2

CPU:

Power: 6
Timing: 5
Foul Frequency: 5
Solid Hits: 8
Starter Stamina: 5
Reliever Stamina: 2
Pitcher Control: 4
Pitcher Consistency: 4
Strike Frequency: 1
Manager Hook: 4 (playing around with this it actually works this year I think)
Pickoffs: 5

Global:
Fastball Pitch Speed: 7 (most people say user preference but at this speed it shows guys that throw 100 MPH actually feel like it, IE facing Chapman)
Breaking Ball Pitch Speed: 7
Fielding Errors Infield: 5
Fielding Errors Outfield: 5
Throwing Errors Infield: 5
Throwing Errors Outfield: 5
Fielder Run Speed: 5
Fielder Reaction: 4
Fielder Arm Strength Infield: 3
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: 4
Baserunner Speed: 5
Baserunner Steal Ability: 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 5
Wind: 5
Injury Frequency: 10 (still don't see enough injuries)

All box scores or feedback please do give, I would like all your help to get all the strikeouts and walks and wild pitches all balanced and working perfect!

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-29-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ninertravel 2017 Sliders

You base these off It's?

Ill have to try yours out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
You base these off It's?

Ill have to try yours out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes in a way, I don't wanna step on anyone Toes at all, but trying to use his ideas for getting those strikeouts and walks numbers looking good.

Going to play a couple more games soon, and see if I need to make any changes, trying to avoid changing it to all star hitting
Old 03-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Ok made a few changes, I put Pitcher consistency and Control up to 4 for CPU, this made a HUGE difference this time, this time the game ended up 3-2 in which I lost. hitting was a lot harder, my 2 runs were a 2 run homer by Crawford, I only had 6 hits the entire game, I played against Grenkie who gave up the 2 got injured after 3 innings, and I couldn't hit the D Back BP at all (who lets face it are not that good) Bradley shut me down after 3 innings, I was getting some walks but couldn't get anything going. I may have to turn Foul Frequency down for Human, as pitch counts are really going deep, I am getting the CPU to 100 pitches by the 6th innings, I am someone who is patient though and won't swing at every pitch and try and play the game like you would in the real world.

I think we may finally be on the right track now, however It may have lowered the stirkeouts a little bit more to my liking. will have to give it a few more games to see any variety
Old 03-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Ok made a few changes, I put Pitcher consistency and Control up to 4 for CPU, this made a HUGE difference this time, this time the game ended up 3-2 in which I lost. hitting was a lot harder, my 2 runs were a 2 run homer by Crawford, I only had 6 hits the entire game, I played against Grenkie who gave up the 2 got injured after 3 innings, and I couldn't hit the D Back BP at all (who lets face it are not that good) Bradley shut me down after 3 innings, I was getting some walks but couldn't get anything going. I may have to turn Foul Frequency down for Human, as pitch counts are really going deep, I am getting the CPU to 100 pitches by the 6th innings, I am someone who is patient though and won't swing at every pitch and try and play the game like you would in the real world.

I think we may finally be on the right track now, however It may have lowered the stirkeouts a little bit more to my liking. will have to give it a few more games to see any variety
Gonna get some games in tonight or tomorrow with your sliders... I'll post my box scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »