Home

Hashtagjorgie's Sliders 2017

This is a discussion on Hashtagjorgie's Sliders 2017 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Hashtagjorgie's Sliders 2017

Hello Show Fans! The Show 17 is here and I am back for another season! As promised I have returned with another slider set. Last year I did not make a set until late in the year and as a result did not have many updates throughout the season. This year I wanted to start early with a set and then upgrade to different versions as feedback and patches are introduced.

To see some of the logic that goes in to the decisions made in these sliders see the original post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-sliders.html. However, the main thing I would say is that these sliders are meant to play like real baseball. So do not mind that the Hitting is on All-Star or pitching is on HoF, the idea is to make the game play like real baseball at the end of the day.

The new ball physics have solved a lot of the issues I had with the game in the past, but has also introduced some new things that we need to account for. As a result you will notice a lot of default settings, while some other things have been lowered (or raised) that in the past we probably would have left at default.

One big change I made this year is getting rid of all "visual aids" and have turned Auto-Fielding on. I still make my own throws, but I see no benefit of "fielding" myself since the CPU takes more realistic paths to the ball and plays balls off the wall better than I ever could. It makes the game just feel more realistic.

I have turned off the following: Strike Zone, PCI, Camera Shift, Catch Indicator, Pitch Selection, Vibration.

As always feedback is encouraged, expected, and welcomed!
All updates for future versions will be on this post and highlighted.

Finally, I invite you all to follow me on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hashtagjorgie. I work from home and play games at all times of the day when I get chance, and stream. You get an opportunity to see how I play the game and the results I am having live!

Hashtagjorgie's Slider v1.4

Hitting Difficulty - All-Star
Hitting Interface - Directional
- Input Type - Buttons
- Analog Type - N/A
- Plate Coverage Indicator/Camera Shift - Off
- PCI Appearance - N/A
- Guess Pitch - Off
- Baserunning Decisions - Assist

Pitching Difficulty - Hall of Fame
Pitching Interface - Classic
Pitching Ball Marker - Off
Vibration - Off (in settings somewhere)
Note this will turn vibration off in clutch situations as well
Pitch Confidence - On
Pitch Selection - Off

Throwing Interface - Buttons
Throwing Meter - No Feedback
Throwing Difficulty - Hall of Fame (N/A)
Fielding Decision - Auto
Throwing Decision - Off
Throw Cancelling - On
Catch Indicator - Off (Auto Fielding)

Strike Zone - Off
Hot Zones - Off
Warm Up Relievers - On

Presentation Mode - Broadcast
Batter Walkup - On
In-Game Ticker - On
- Closed Captioning - Off
- Mode Updates - On
- MLB.com Updates - On

Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - N/A
Human Contact - 5
Human Power - 5
Human Timing - 6 (+1)
Stride Difficulty - N/A
Human Foul Frequency - 5
Human Solid Hits - 5
Human Starter Stamina - 5
Human Reliever Stamina - 2 (-1)
Human Pitcher Control - 3
Human Pitcher Consistency - 4

CPU Contact - 5
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 5
CPU Foul Frequency - 5 (+1)
CPU Solid Hits - 5
CPU Starter Stamina - 5
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2 (-1)
CPU Pitcher Control - 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Strike Frequency - 3
CPU Manager Hook - 7
CPU Pickoffs - 5

Fastball Pitch Speed - 5
Off-Speed Pitch Speed - 5

Fielding Errors Infield - 5
Fielding Errors Outfield - 5
Throwing Errors Infield - 7 (+1)
Throwing Errors Outfield - 4

Fielder Run Speed - 5
Fielder Reaction - 3 (-1)
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 5
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5

Baserunner Speed - 5
Baserunner Steal Ability - 6 (+1)
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6 (+1)

Wind - 3 (-2)
Injury Frequency - 8
Trade Frequency - 5 (TBD)

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 04-13-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hashtagjorgie's Sliders 2017

Mayimbe, have you seen the problem with the Manager hook? Pulling starters and closers too soon.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLion
Mayimbe, have you seen the problem with the Manager hook? Pulling starters and closers too soon.
No. I raised it because I have seen the opposite. Managers are leaving RPs in after giving up 2-3 runs and throwing 20+ pitches in a close game.

That doesn't happen in MLB unless the game is out of hand. I will monitor and see if on 7 Manager Hook is too aggressive but RP Stamina at 3 with Manager Hook at 7 makes sure that if you are beating up on an RP they get the hook.

As for starters, I have seen guys throw 105+ pitches into 7-8th inning when they are cruising. Soon as they get into trouble, out comes the hook. As it should be.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Updated the set to version 1.1 and the changes made have been highlighted in red. I will only be uploading full versions to the vault (i.e. 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc....); if there is a small change like this one where it is just 1.1 I will only post the changes here but not upload them.

In this update I lowered 2 things.

1. Foul Ball Frequency (CPU and Human) - too many balls fouled off that you just missed. I like that its in the game more than in the past, but sometimes it happens too often. Its not terrible but lowering it just a click should offer a small decrease. I am still seeing plenty of foul balls and deep counts. Playing as CLE I had a 12 pitch AB with Lindor and then a 10 pitch AB with Encarnacion (back to back).

2. Fielder Reaction - IF get too good of a "first step" on bullets hit to their sides. This will make them "olé" some more of those ripped liners that they cannot get in front of. Also I feel like more balls need to sneak up the middle and again I think its because they have too good of a first step.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 04-05-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #5
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

I switched course and put Foul Ball Frequency back to 5 for bout CPU and Human. The borderline pitches I was referring to caused more swings and misses (not a bad thing) but also caused very few balls to be ripped close to the foul lines. The result was I was missing a lot on "just early" or "just late" pitches that normally would be put into play.

I also lowered Fielder Reaction to 3 now as well, still thing fielders get too good of a first jump and raised Steal Attempts and Ability +1.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 04-07-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Version 1.3 Updates:

1. Reliever Stamina (Human and CPU) = 2
2. IF Throwing Errors = 7
3 Fielder Reaction = 3
4. Wind = 3

I feel that RPs aren't exerting enough energy and as a result the manager is sticking with RP even after 20-30 pitches in close games. As you get into the later part of the game I expect the MRP and SU guys to make appearances in close games, but the CPU is not bringing the hook because the guy pitching is not tired yet.

I might end up going with RP Stamina = 0, but need to see how that effects Human pitching.
I do not like to be cheap and like to have both CPU and Human settings similar if possible, unless I see the CPU or Human slider is completely off for one and not the other.

As I mentioned in my post from last year's set, I aim to fix how the game plays by making it more realistic. Not necessarily harder or easier. So when I see the RPs being left in after 30 pitches, that is not realistic....I do not care that the pitcher is not tired, a real life manager will be thinking about tomorrow in that situation.

I think I am getting real close to finalizing this set.
Next update will be 2.0 and uploaded to the vault.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 04-13-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Version 1.4 Updates:

Human Timing = 6: I mentioned this in last year's set I believe....I remember hearing in past MLBTS editions that the timing window for Directional Hitting (i.e. Timing Hitting) was smaller than the other hitting modes due to the fact that it is the main results driver. However, I feel that the timing window is too small, and does not translate well to how you as the player "see" the ball.

Last year I raised this to 10, I am not sure 6 is enough but for now it looks okay.
I do not believe we will need to raise it to 10 this year but maybe 7-8 and reduce contact to balance it out...but we'll see.

On default there are too many fastballs up that I cannot catch up too and too many slow breaking pitches down that I cannot catch up too. I feel like I miss those pitches even when I am not fooled, and that should not be. If you fool me with the pitch speed and location, I will still miss it, but if I am on it...I should be making more contact...this is what raising Timing helps achieve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »