Home

Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 17 Version]

This is a discussion on Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 17 Version] within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 09:24 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Stats-Based CPU Sliders [MLB 17 Version]

I think difficulty does matter because when I change to all star then hall of fame the game plays different
Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #74
Banned

What difficulty u using to edit Ur sliders wI think I'll use that
Old 04-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #75
Rookie

When looking at the spreadsheet the sliders in the top left. Does that change throughout the testing? I tried the sliders a few days ago but i wanted to see if they're updated on the spreadsheet?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #76
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfans25
I think difficulty does matter because when I change to all star then hall of fame the game plays different
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfans25
What difficulty u using to edit Ur sliders wI think I'll use that
I think it really shouldn't matter (which difficulty should CPU play on when they against each other, and how do you assign difficulty level to each when putting the game on CPU vs. CPU?). But my setting is usually just on All-star when playing CPU vs. CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89
When looking at the spreadsheet the sliders in the top left. Does that change throughout the testing? I tried the sliders a few days ago but i wanted to see if they're updated on the spreadsheet?

Thanks
Each spreadsheet "tab" tests different set of sliders, so I create a new tab when I make changes to sliders, so that the status I see on each tab correspond to setting I want to test. For each tab, sliders are fixed.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
What are you going with so far?Just like to see what other guys are using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Contact 6
Power 4
ST Stamina 7
Man Hook 3
FB Pitch Speed 10 (eye effect)
OS Pitch Speed 10 (")
Fld Err Inf 10
Fld Err Of 6
Thr Err Inf 8
Thr Err Of 8
Fld Run Speed 4
Fld Reac 4
IF Arm Strength 4
OF Arm Strength 4
Steal Ability 10
Steal Freq 6
Strike Freq 4
Wind 0
Everything else Default

I like what I am seeing...High scoring/Low scoring games. But I still may roll with Nomos as his are more in depth
Old 04-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Contact 6

Power 4

ST Stamina 7

Man Hook 3

FB Pitch Speed 10 (eye effect)

OS Pitch Speed 10 (")

Fld Err Inf 10

Fld Err Of 6

Thr Err Inf 8

Thr Err Of 8

Fld Run Speed 4

Fld Reac 4

IF Arm Strength 4

OF Arm Strength 4

Steal Ability 10

Steal Freq 6

Strike Freq 4

Wind 0

Everything else Default

I like what I am seeing...High scoring/Low scoring games. But I still may roll with Nomos as his are more in depth

Mine have alot of similar ones.Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-15-2017, 12:14 AM   #79
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster6968Rehab
Does anyone know if human vs cpu is having the same high level of wild pitch frequency? I'm just hoping that it does so maybe they will do something about it and patch it. I also would like Nomo's opinion about this please. It really seems to be playing a big role in the games. I watched one cpu vs cpu game where Wade Davis came on to close the door with a 3 run lead and he gave up some hits then threw 3 wild pitches that eventually scored 4 runs and lost the game. Keep up the good work Nomo the game is still totally worth watching with your stats data sliders. thanks all
Based on my own experience playing HUM vs. CPU (or HUM vs. HUM online), I think the wild pitch issue is common across all modes, which isn't surprising since it's a similar gameplay engine after all.

Unless there already is a decent bug report, I think I want to file it so that it gets to the devs and that it's something we cannot really fix by tweaking the game as is.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:25 AM   #80
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Just when I thought I was close on getting mine pinned down and ready to start my franchise thinking my numbers were looking good.....I come in here and see your latest test run. Only 2 of my numbers are closer to MLB avg then yours and not by much haha. Yours are looking good with this last set (WP numbers obviously are hard to fix) Anything you are concerned with "eye test" wise? I have 7 more games to run with mine to get to 50 then I am going to start with one of ours! haha
Aside from things that sliders cannot solve that we discusses in the thread, I think the game in general plays good.

Things that tend to fail my eye test so far tends to be those things that we cannot do much anyways... I think a major issue is that CPU makes a lot of errors that are actually scored as single. If you browse the replays at the end of the game, and if the entry says "deflected off XX," then there is a good chance that is a fielding error, but the game actually scores as a hit. That's a little unfortunate.

And I think quite a few hard hit line drives have too high a hang time (which basically means they have too much backspin) . I wouldn't totally mind seeing them once in a while, but I think the game might be producing a bit too many of those (some of which is likely the culprit of monsterous HRs.)

Another thing is that I think starting pitchers being pulled a bit earlier is probably true. I am jacking up starter stamina and lowering Manager Hook way down, but I cannot really manage to have them make more pitches per game than the MLB average (on average, though).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »