Home

Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games

This is a discussion on Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2017, 12:14 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games

The Kid 24... I don't think it would work because he has baserunning speed at 2 and outfield/infield arm strength at 4 which means there would be more double plays.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #34
Banned

My goal with my sliders has been to make it so that you can score off of base hits alone without changing to many things.

I think these sliders are working really well so far. Im 45 games in and i have gone on winning streaks of 4 games and have also lost 5 games in a row.

I have had a hit game of 16 and hit game of 3. I havent felt like im cheating to beat the cpu.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #35
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
The Kid 24... I don't think it would work because he has baserunning speed at 2 and outfield/infield arm strength at 4 which means there would be more double plays.
Just played a game with ur's and Mike's combined to test it out... I was Detroit.

TB 3 8 0
DET 5 11 0

TB - 2B (1) HR (1)
DET - 2B (2) 3B (1) HR (1)

TB Pitching Line - 11 H 5 ER 3 BB 5 K
DET Pitching Line - 8 H 3 ER 4 BB 12 K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Just played a game with ur's and Mike's combined to test it out... I was Detroit.

TB 3 8 0
DET 5 11 0

TB - 2B (1) HR (1)
DET - 2B (2) 3B (1) HR (1)

TB Pitching Line - 11 H 5 ER 3 BB 5 K
DET Pitching Line - 8 H 3 ER 4 BB 12 K
Nice. Though I think you would have to play at least 20 games without touching the sliders and then add up all the numbers and there you will see the results.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
What was your final score? And hits, hrs and walks for both teams?
Sorry, bud, had to go to work so I couldn't post everything but I didn't forget about it.

I'm Arizona. This is an opening day game of my DBacks franchise.

San Francisco 4 runs, 7 hits, 0 errors
Arizona 6 runs, 9 hits, 2 errors

SF Batting
2B: Span
HR: Crawford
BB: Pence
HBP: Nunez

AZ Batting
2B: Pollock, Lamb
HR: Lamb
BB: Drury

So 2 homers total both teams, 3 doubles total, 2 walks total, 1 hit by pitch.

I started off the game with Hot Zones and Strike Zones off. I gave up a single to Belt in the first inning followed by a homerun by Crawford. I'll admit this was a knee jerk reaction as I have struggled a little on HOF pitching in prior games so I immediately went and turned on strike zones and hot zones after the Crawford homerun. So my homer with Lamb in the bottom of the first was with strike zone on for me as well.

I'll admit one of the things I was scared about was the really low fielder speed and throwing speed. I thought this might be a little weird that I won't be tracking down balls I should be getting to and I won't be able to make a double play to save my life. I actually thought the fielding and throw speed were a lot more real life with your settings that other sliders or default. I didn't have any balls where I was like man I should have been able to get that easily and didn't. It just felt like the ballpark was bigger and that you weren't just controlling a big ball magnet covering your third of the outfield with ease. I don't even really know if it opened up that much more in terms of hits, but it felt like it did something. Like if a hit got down it wasn't just like you laser target track it down and launch it in with ease. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I was worried about it going in but a couple innings into the game I thought it felt really really good.

I also had a couple deep fly balls on both teams that made you wonder if they could go out which was nice just cause every game before this you always assumed it was getting out.

The homerun I hit with Lamb felt really good. Just a line drive homerun that you're not sure is going to hit the wall or just get over.

I do play with zone hitting with a wedge pci and I was playing this game with strike zones and hot zones off. This next game I'm about to play will be with zone hitting with pci off, strike zones on, but hot zones off.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #38
Rookie

Okay second game here. This was with zone hitting with no PCI but set to wedge (not sure if that makes a difference but no indicator on the screen). Strike zone was on.

San Francisco 3 runs, 6 hits, 1 error
Arizona 9 runs, 12 hits, 0 errors

SF Batting
3B - Span
HR - Belt
BB - Nunez, Crawford, Cueto (smh)

AZ Batting
2B - Peralta, Hazelbaker
HR - Pollock 2, Lamb, Tomas
HBP - Peralta
BB - Peralta, Drury

So 5 homers total between both teams, 2 doubles, 1 triple, and 5 walks.

So how it went was basically, I got 2 on in front of Pollock in the bottom of the 2nd. Pollock blasts a 3 run shot. This was the most iffy homerun where it was maybe questionable whether or not it was going over but not really. I'd say the other homers were no doubters, not crazy moonshots but no doubters. This was pretty close to a no doubt shot. So I'm up 3-0 going into the bottom of the fifth, I hit a solo homer over with Yasmany Tomas. Next half inning, San Fran finally gets on the board with a triple from Span. Hundley knocks him home on a base hit. Belt crushes a homer to right field to make it 4-3.

Forget exactly how the final couple runs absolutely came about, but there was a 2-run shot by Pollock, an RBI base hit from Goldy, and a 2-run shot from Lamb.

Next game I will be going with no strike zone on top of this.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Razeart... Do you think I would have any problems with combining ur sliders in the OP with Mike Lowe's sliders?

I would enter ur exact sliders, then the rest would be Mike's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
I have done this exact thing except playing on All-Star hitting with Razeart/Mike's sliders and HOF pitching. I've only played 2 games. 0 homers by either team in either game. But I've hit several ropes to the wall and hit a ball off the wall in Right Center in Texas. Much better than 4-5 hrs per game. I'm gonna try it on Veteran too and see the difference. I've just played exhibition games waiting on OSFM so I don't know if it would be different in a Franchise
Old 04-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #40
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle1212
I have done this exact thing except playing on All-Star hitting with Razeart/Mike's sliders and HOF pitching. I've only played 2 games. 0 homers by either team in either game. But I've hit several ropes to the wall and hit a ball off the wall in Right Center in Texas. Much better than 4-5 hrs per game. I'm gonna try it on Veteran too and see the difference. I've just played exhibition games waiting on OSFM so I don't know if it would be different in a Franchise
Awesome! Glad Im not the only one.

I definitely liked what I saw in my 1st game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »