Home

Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games

This is a discussion on Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Awesome! Glad Im not the only one.

I definitely liked what I saw in my 1st game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
I'll let you know how it works out for me. These 2 slider sets are by far the most realistic I've come across.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #42
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

So, I have been using these with slight tweaks to fielder speed and reaction. These sliders are really good. All of the games I have played (6 now) have been really organic feeling. I did have a game where I got 3 homeruns, but the other games were all 1-2. Only one moonshot and to be fair I was Josh Donaldson and it was a hanging curve. I hit it 437 which is pretty far, but I'm sure he's capable of that from time to time. All of the other homeruns were around 340-366.

Great work on these sliders. Appreciate your efforts.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8_messy
Sorry, bud, had to go to work so I couldn't post everything but I didn't forget about it.

I'm Arizona. This is an opening day game of my DBacks franchise.

San Francisco 4 runs, 7 hits, 0 errors
Arizona 6 runs, 9 hits, 2 errors

SF Batting
2B: Span
HR: Crawford
BB: Pence
HBP: Nunez

AZ Batting
2B: Pollock, Lamb
HR: Lamb
BB: Drury

So 2 homers total both teams, 3 doubles total, 2 walks total, 1 hit by pitch.

I started off the game with Hot Zones and Strike Zones off. I gave up a single to Belt in the first inning followed by a homerun by Crawford. I'll admit this was a knee jerk reaction as I have struggled a little on HOF pitching in prior games so I immediately went and turned on strike zones and hot zones after the Crawford homerun. So my homer with Lamb in the bottom of the first was with strike zone on for me as well.

I'll admit one of the things I was scared about was the really low fielder speed and throwing speed. I thought this might be a little weird that I won't be tracking down balls I should be getting to and I won't be able to make a double play to save my life. I actually thought the fielding and throw speed were a lot more real life with your settings that other sliders or default. I didn't have any balls where I was like man I should have been able to get that easily and didn't. It just felt like the ballpark was bigger and that you weren't just controlling a big ball magnet covering your third of the outfield with ease. I don't even really know if it opened up that much more in terms of hits, but it felt like it did something. Like if a hit got down it wasn't just like you laser target track it down and launch it in with ease. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I was worried about it going in but a couple innings into the game I thought it felt really really good.

I also had a couple deep fly balls on both teams that made you wonder if they could go out which was nice just cause every game before this you always assumed it was getting out.

The homerun I hit with Lamb felt really good. Just a line drive homerun that you're not sure is going to hit the wall or just get over.

I do play with zone hitting with a wedge pci and I was playing this game with strike zones and hot zones off. This next game I'm about to play will be with zone hitting with pci off, strike zones on, but hot zones off.
Nice. I am glad you are having good results with the sliders. I never said anything about changing fielder speed though. Only infielder/outfield Arm strength.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #44
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I thought I would try these sliders to see how they are. I have been playing this game every year so I am experienced. I was the Indians playing the Tigers. Kluber vs Verlander. The game seemed real so far. The 2nd inning they scored 3 runs from 2 singles and a sac fly. A single and then a walk loaded the bases up and then a 2 run single. I answered back with 2 runs from a single and a triple and a sac fly. Both pitchers settled in until the 7th when they had singled and then a double and a walk to load the bases and then a 2 run single and then a 3 run homer to make the game out of reach. I had a lot of hits but I couldn't get the big hit. Here is the final line.

Indians:
1 2B
1 3B

Tigers:
3 2B
1 HR

Tigers 8 13 0
Indians 2 11 0
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #45
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

So I just restarted the game to see more results. This time it was more of a pitchers dual for the first part of the game. 1-1 after 5 innings and then 3-1 after 6. I broke it open against the Tiger bullpen in the 8th to make it a 8-1 lead. No HR's for either team. A couple warning track shots that I thought would have been a HR.

Tigers:
1 2B

Indians:
3 2B

Tigers 1 5 0
Indians 8 13 0

So far pretty real to me so far. I had one grounder that I hit into that should have been a double play. The 2B went to his right and it went off his glove. They gave hthe batter a base hit and I think it should have been an error. Does anyone else notice anything like that? I was playing the Cubs and the pitcher hit a grounder and the 3B had to dive for it but he got up and threw it to first and would of had the pitcher/runner easily but the throw took the 1B off the bag. They gave him a hit as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #46
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I went back to my Cubs franchise. I lost to the Pirates 1-0. Cole va Arrieta. Could never get anything going. Gave up a solo HR in the 10th inning. Grounded into 3 double plays to kill rallies.

Pirates
1 2B
1 HR

Cubs
Nothing

Pirates 1 4 0
Cubs 0 6 0
Old 04-06-2017, 09:50 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

finally had a chance to try these.

without a doubt you can feel you would get less homeruns for sure.

but at the same time it almost felt like some of those hits should have been hit harder. a few times i thought i hit a deep fly only to have the infielder catch an infield fly.

and it wasn't until the 8th inning that i realized, oh i should probably use the power swing. i had a chance to use it once and that was a hard hit foul that felt correct.

but it was a low hit low score game. (i used zone/analog hitting with classic pitching)

i won 3-2 and i only had 3 hits. a blooper, a line drive double (thing of beauty), and a solo hr (just over the green monster). not bad.

cpu had 2 runs on 6 hits.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:28 PM   #48
Banned

I'm really happy that these sliders are working out for everyone as well. I always do slider sets by testing them out through lots of games and then sharing them with everyone else. With these slider adjustments... So far... this is probably the most realistic sports game i've played.

Last edited by Razeart2422; 04-06-2017 at 11:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »