Home

Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games

This is a discussion on Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Here is how to FIX the "Too Many HOMERUNS" Tested over 35 games

Using these with 1 tweak (Hum pow 3, solid hits 8) along with Mike Lowes HOF pitching sliders in my Yankee Franchise, currently 12-16 through 28 games.

Really settled in now and last two games highlight how well I think this combo of sliders work.

Blue Jays 6-9-0
Yankees 7-11-1
Each team two HR, was down 6-0, came back to tie it on a Holiday 2 RBI double, then Starlin Castro slugged a walkoff solo HR (He had both of my HR this game) in the bottom of the 9th.

Yankees 5-8-1
Cubs 1-5-1
Winds was blowing in and it showed, had a couple of balls die on the track, Cubs had 1. Ended up with 3 doubles though and got a great variety of hits and Sabathia was just on giving up 3 hits, walking 2 and striking out 6 over 6 innings.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:01 AM   #50
Rookie

Wow I was seriously under the impression you had the fielder speed changed. I guess with this game I just got used to everything either being a home rUn or a hard hit off the wall or into the gap and now I'm actually fielding a wider variety of hits that it feels so much different... I don't know but anyways...

Someone else mentioned they were scared of there being too many doubles. I've noticed less doubles with these sliders. 1 to 2 a game per team so far in a small sample size of games. You just see more hits get through and a lot more shallow pop ups in the outfield. I don't know just a wider variety of hits maybe cause every other hit isn't a homer or smacking off the wall.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #51
Banned

h8_messy... yeah with less homeruns you see more hit variety.
I'm really loving the game with these sliders. Power at 1 and vetetan hitting plus Cpu Strike Frequency at 2 is definitely the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #52
Rookie

Okay switched it up a bit. Started a Mets franchise. This is with zone hitting no PCI (set to wedge but off), no strike zone or hot zone.

Atlanta 1 run, 5 hits, 0 errors
New York 3 runs, 11 hits, 0 errors

ATL Batting
2B: Freeman, Swanson
RBI: Swanson
BB: Flowers
SB: Kemp

NYM Batting
2B: Cabrera, Cespedes, Bruce
3B: Reyes
HR: Bruce
RBI: Cespedes, Duda, Bruce
BB: Zero

Syndegaard pitched 8 strong innings. Familia got the save. Teheran pitched well for Atlanta, but the 7 hits he allowed caught up to him. Jay Bruce hit a line drive homer that just made it over the right field wall and stayed just left of the foul pole. Zero walks for me, but that was my fault as I could have potentially gotten a couple of walks off of Teheran but I was swing happy. I struck out 8 times so...
Old 04-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #53
Just started!

My first game with these sliders was my cubs vs dodgers, a mixed bag in a good way. I was worried at first with the amount of home runs, but the hit variety was really good overall. These sliders havs great potential. Keep in mind I also had Brett Anderson starting vs Hyun-Jin Ryu. I also Don't use power swing and I'm pretty patient at the plate. I look to testing these out more 😊 Sorry about the long winded reply 😋

Box Score
Dodgers 7 15 1
Puig HR, triple
Van Sluke HR

Cubs 10 15 1
Rizzo 3 HR
Bryant 1 HR
Conteras 2B
Old 04-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasthead85
My first game with these sliders was my cubs vs dodgers, a mixed bag in a good way. I was worried at first with the amount of home runs, but the hit variety was really good overall. These sliders havs great potential. Keep in mind I also had Brett Anderson starting vs Hyun-Jin Ryu. I also Don't use power swing and I'm pretty patient at the plate. I look to testing these out more 😊 Sorry about the long winded reply 😋

Box Score
Dodgers 7 15 1
Puig HR, triple
Van Sluke HR

Cubs 10 15 1
Rizzo 3 HR
Bryant 1 HR
Conteras 2B
Damn!! I haven't been able to hit 4 home runs in a game yet with Yankees in my season.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:53 AM   #55
Rookie

My first game with these sliders

ATL 1 4 0
NYM 3 9 0

ATL no extra base hits
NYM HR Walker, Granderson(walk off)

Im using your sliders with Mike's set

It's only one game but it was nice to see the two HR'S I did hit just made it out no insane 480 foot HR'S
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 03:22 AM   #56
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
I know a lot of you will see the veteran hitting and not even try these.
Guilty as charged. You are correct, sir.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »