Home

Veteran hitting is broken because of steals, right?

This is a discussion on Veteran hitting is broken because of steals, right? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Veteran hitting is broken because of steals, right?

I see slider sets using Veteran hitting. When I have the difficulty at veteran or lower, I can steal 2nd and 3rd on almost every play with 75+ speed with base running and steal ability at 0. And that's without moving the runner further off the base than default. I've played roughly 50 games so far with these settings.

This means Veteran and lower is broken, right? If so, how do you justify using these low difficulties? Have you found a way to make stealing more difficult?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Veteran hitting is broken because of steals, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
I see slider sets using Veteran hitting. When I have the difficulty at veteran or lower, I can steal 2nd and 3rd on almost every play with 75+ speed with base running and steal ability at 0. And that's without moving the runner further off the base than default. I've played roughly 50 games so far with these settings.

This means Veteran and lower is broken, right? If so, how do you justify using these low difficulties? Have you found a way to make stealing more difficult?

I have actually not seen this at all, in fact I am about 65% on steal attempts at this level. In fact the CPU running on it's own after I use R2 to have the runner take his default lead, is more successful than I am manually stealing.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Weird, but thanks for saying that, BYU 14. I'll make a video and post it later, because in my franchise I've traded all the top players for guys with 80+ speed, and during almost every inning, I have a guy on 3rd with 1 or 2 outs because one of them managed to steal their way there.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
Weird, but thanks for saying that, BYU 14. I'll make a video and post it later, because in my franchise I've traded all the top players for guys with 80+ speed, and during almost every inning, I have a guy on 3rd with 1 or 2 outs because one of them managed to steal their way there.

keep in mind though, I play the Yankees and the only two guys they have that really ever contemplate stealing are Ellsbury and Gardner. Matt Holiday and Gary Sanchez, not so much

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »