Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #33
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

Nice close game. Your lucky you got the CPU pitcher going to at least the 6th.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I am thinking about turning Quick Counts off until they get it fixed. I just need to work on my walks and not taking the first pitch. I guess I don't know the strategy to do so. Do I automatically look to take the first pitch? What do people do?

Thinking of this as well until they fix the hook bug. I will probably play it the way I do 3-1 counts if I switch, which is look for a fastball thigh to belt and lay off if I see any other type of action.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #35
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Two bright sides about turning it off. I would have more chances to bunt the guy over cause sometimes you have to bunt with 2 strikes. And when you put in a relief pitcher he can start with a fresh count. There is sometimes when I don't put in the new guy if its a 3-0 count.

How do you make the ball die in the grass on a bunt? When I bunt the ball goes so hard it goes right to the fielder. I always bunt to the 1B cause he will usually try to tag him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Two bright sides about turning it off. I would have more chances to bunt the guy over cause sometimes you have to bunt with 2 strikes. And when you put in a relief pitcher he can start with a fresh count. There is sometimes when I don't put in the new guy if its a 3-0 count.

How do you make the ball die in the grass on a bunt? When I bunt the ball goes so hard it goes right to the fielder. I always bunt to the 1B cause he will usually try to tag him.

A lot of it is timing the triangle button, but they also added a fix this year to penalize players that aren't good or frequent bunters in RL. The only guys on the Yankees that I can consistently get to lay down a good bunt are Gardner, Ellsbury and Torreyes.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #37
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Yeah I noticed that too. And I was just talking about sacrifice bunts. I'm the Cubs I don't have any guys I drag bunt with.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that too. And I was just talking about sacrifice bunts. I'm the Cubs I don't have any guys I drag bunt with.

With all the lumber in that lineup you should never have to bunt
Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #39
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Icon5 Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

So after losing 2 straight to the Dodgers and Pirates my first game without QC went pretty well. Pirates had Cole going and I was up 2-0 going to the 6th and he was still in the game. Hendricks gave up a 3 spot in the top of the 6th to make it 3-2 Pirates. Bottom of the inning Cole gave up a 2 run homer to give the Cubs a 4-3 lead. His night was done on this rainy wind blowing out night. So I think it was a little better. I feel with QC they would have took him out in the 5th down 0-2. I hit 4 HR in the game. And Hendricks gave up 1. One cool thing I didn't know. They have a little pop up box by the scoreboard showing the career stats. Instead of just hearing the announcer say it you get to see it. They show it on about the 2nd pitch of the AB.

Pirates 3 8 0
Cubs 6 8 0

Cole: 5 IP 6 H 4 ER 2 BB 3 K
Hendricks: 6.2 IP 7 H 3 ER 2 BB 5 K

I walked a few times and I was pretty happy with the full game. I turned the pitch delay to faster to make the game go by a pretty quicker.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #40
Rookie

I took QC off for the game and lot to the Rays in my home opener 6-5, all my runs came on HR's (4) with Bird and Sanchez thumping 2 each. I think I will mover power to 3 if I stay at full counts as you will see more fat pitches over the course of a game. Pretty happy overall, and Odorizzi went 7 for the Rays, despite being down 4-2 through 5. Neither side drew a walk though, so there is that to watch for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »