Home

Directional/Classic or MoM sliders

This is a discussion on Directional/Classic or MoM sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #25
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Directional/Classic or MoM sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
How did you score that run in the 6th? Walks and wild pitches?
I see that I never answered this. I did the play now live game of the CHC/WAS game the other day that Scherzer started. Happ walked to lead off the inning. Stole 2nd on a failed hit and run, but that same batter got him to 3rd on a fielders choice grounder. I don't remember for sure but I think it was a sac fly that got him in. First time I had been no hit up to a certain point but scored ever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 01:33 AM   #26
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

rjackson, how are the sliders going? The CPU pitching in particular? Just got back from a weeks holiday and am looking forward to getting back into a franchise using bacons fictional roster with these sliders.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #27
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Quote:
rjackson, how are the sliders going? The CPU pitching in particular? Just got back from a weeks holiday and am looking forward to getting back into a franchise using bacons fictional roster with these sliders.
I haven't played much in this past week, either. I am sorry about that. I am seeing that there is not much difference with where you put the pitcher control rating. The rest are locked in for me. I will say this since you are using fictional rosters...the most important settings are going to be the difficulty level for you. I figured mine out using dynamic difficulty. I played 90 percent of the time at these levels, not staying a level higher for too long each time I made it. As long as you get that right, you are going to be great!
Old 07-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #28
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
I haven't played much in this past week, either. I am sorry about that. I am seeing that there is not much difference with where you put the pitcher control rating. The rest are locked in for me. I will say this since you are using fictional rosters...the most important settings are going to be the difficulty level for you. I figured mine out using dynamic difficulty. I played 90 percent of the time at these levels, not staying a level higher for too long each time I made it. As long as you get that right, you are going to be great!
You're right I have to lock in a level. ATM that's looking like it will be All Star for both hitting and pitching. I've got All Star+ ready and waiting with Dynamic Difficulty if I improve. The other thing I've nailed down is pitch speed. I think I saw a fastball/change up video that you posted? I spent a bit of time in batting practice with that video in mind and am now comfortable where I have got it. The sliders are starting to look like a mash up of yours and Warm Winds and have the game playing as good as it's been all year for me. Thanks again for posting your sliders they have been really helpful.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #29
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Edited original post, made some minor changes.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #30
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Edited original post, made some minor changes.
Good to see you still working at these and you made it to Hall of Fame pitching! Could I just get your feedback on how the error sliders are working. I've had a couple of very sloppy games but don't want to overreact and change them until I hear how yours are going. Note again it might be a Fictional roster thing. There is probably a lot more variance in their ratings compared to OFSM.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #31
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Quote:
Good to see you still working at these and you made it to Hall of Fame pitching! Could I just get your feedback on how the error sliders are working. I've had a couple of very sloppy games but don't want to overreact and change them until I hear how yours are going. Note again it might be a Fictional roster thing. There is probably a lot more variance in their ratings compared to OFSM.
Yeah, I was doing too well and gave it another shot...was perfect with J. Gray through 6+ with <70 pitches and 7-8 K's. I am sticking with it. The control bump helps a lot as well, me and CPU.

Errors are just few and far between for me. I get a bobble here and there and still get the putout a lot of the time. I have no problems with it. I know A&S uses some just a bit less than mine and he keeps increasing them. As you have pointed out, hybrid rosters are a different animal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #32
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Hey rjackson, are these sliders posted in the vault? I was thinking of starting my QM/MoM only franchise today, and while just copying off of OS isn't a big deal, I'm also lazy.

As a side note, I also have more first pitch data for you. Sorry for pushing this on you but I was actually really curious myself so I've been paying attention over the last several games I've played (this is the last time I swear). In my carry over, if I ignore the results from pitchers that are 90 and over, the CPU is pitching just under 60% first pitch strikes (58% if I had to put an exact number on it). Meanwhile I throw about 70-75% first pitch strikes, but my staff is monstrous (IMO tied for first in rotation and clearly best bullpen MLB wide) and BB/9 and control are both attributes I covet.

Meanwhile playing justmunc's roster with it's universally reduced control stats the results plummet, with both myself and the CPU struggling to hit the 50% mark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »