Home

Need slider help for RTTS hitting

This is a discussion on Need slider help for RTTS hitting within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need slider help for RTTS hitting

I'm having trouble hitting in the majors in RTTS. I play on All-Star with zone hitting. I'd like to stay on this setting.

My L/R contact is in the 70s and my plate vision is 80 or so, plus I use equipment. I hit .217 last season. The game acts like I should be much better. I have a relatively high contact per swing but low percentage of good contact.

I could just raise Human Contact, but that seems a bit easy.

I noticed I foul tip a lot and when I look at the previous pitch, my timing was good and the ball was at the edge of the PCI. If I lower foul frequency, will more of those go fair or will I just miss?

I'm also wondering if I should increase solid hits to make more of my contact better instead of popups or choppers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need slider help for RTTS hitting

Increase human solid hits slider to increase the positive results on good inputs, so yes it will decrease the popups and choppers in those cases where you line up a ball. Decreasing Human Foul frequency will reduce contact on bad inputs, so it will make you swing and miss more as opposed to pulling foul balls fair. Hope this helps.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 07-15-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: re-read OP, had more details

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »