Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 04:35 AM   #57
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Is pulse pitching any kind of a viable option for this set? I use directional hitting, and love watching my fielders make plays and seeing animations I might not if I were controlling them, but classic pitching always eludes me. The other thing is that I don’t want to play with the API on, since I feel like it’s too easy and I’m cruising. If I HAVE to use classic for this set, I will, but I would prefer pulse.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

I believe that HUM pitching control and consistency has to be lowered in order to issue many walks at all. I'm also thinking HOF hitting may be in order.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #59
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Don't pay attention to the buckshot. It's just there to give you a general idea of the players plate coverage. The CPU is moving it on its own in the background, hidden from you, based on different attributes depending on your swing choice (usually vision is the big one though). Choosing a direction is more about gaining slight buffs or debuffs, timing is the biggest factor as to where the ball goes. You can check out all the potential buffs and debuffs in the link to the Directional Hitting Guide in the OP.

Great information, thank you. I remember last year there was a patch that added the buckshot, before that swing feedback was a circle that showed where the batter swung. It just confused me for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 6

You guys must be gods on the sticks. I find hitting perfectly tuned on AS right now. As far as pitching, I’ve made it out of the 6th exactly once with my starters due to the pitch counts reaching or exceeding 100
Old 03-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #61
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNeurosiis
Is pulse pitching any kind of a viable option for this set? I use directional hitting, and love watching my fielders make plays and seeing animations I might not if I were controlling them, but classic pitching always eludes me. The other thing is that I don’t want to play with the API on, since I feel like it’s too easy and I’m cruising. If I HAVE to use classic for this set, I will, but I would prefer pulse.
I’ve used pulse for the past 3 years as I find it’s a great middle ground between one of the other modes and classic.

There is still a bit of randomness that lets ratings play out while also offering me some control of the outcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #62
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

CPU Manager Hook that I mentioned here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ager-hook.html
....is something keep an eye on...
Old 03-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #63
Banned

I don't usually go down for sliders at all, but all star is way too easy for directional this year, and hall of fame is popup city. So the solution, get your dynamic difficulty to All star+ hitting, lock it in, and turn Hum contact down to 4. This is what I've been playing with and it works great. It still has that "out of the box feel" without being overly punishing or just relying on luck of the draw to get a hit. If you square one up you'll still hit it well, but you don't get as many meatballs on all star+ that makes a big difference. I have my pitch speed set at 9/8. I still don't strike out as much as I'd like so YMMV on that.

With classic pitching on HOF, the CPU offense is just inept at default for me. They don't hit for power, they don't hit for average, and I hardly ever walk them. So I fixed all 3 problems. Hum pitch control down to 3, CPU solid hits and power both to 7. They still feel a little weak to me offensively but I'm at an easy part of my schedule, we'll see when I start playing powerhouse teams.

I've been having such great series against the CPU just with these small adjustments.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #64
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

After playing a few games I feel that starting pitcher stamina may need to go up a notch or 2. I’ve had the message that my starter is getting tired around the 75/80 pitch mark which seems a little early. Has anyone else any thoughts on this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »