Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #1961
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
I’m about to hang this game up and take about a 2 month break. I am so frustrated it isn’t even fun anymore. The last 15 games my batting average is .186 and BABIP is .197.

That is way more than a slump. The CPU has no problems getting hits. Hard hits always find the holes. I either hit a homerun or pop it up. If I do hit it hard it is right at someone. When I get a single my team runs out of the dugout and mobs him at first base it is so bad. I am tempted to go back to All Star. I tried lowering pitch speeds, raising solid hits. Now I have slideritis and this game isn’t fun anymore. I had a 3-1 lead against the Rays in the 7th inning. Severino gave up 6 runs in like 2 minutes. Please help.

Create a new user profile, use these sliders and put the difficulty on Dynamic. You will get a handful of cheese games that shoot your stats up as it gets you back up to your actual playing level and settles in. Plus gets you back to the basics of pitch recognition as the will throw more meatballs and more way off the plate balls which get you out of that funk of swinging at bad pitches.

I did this first time last year and it worked wonders, been doing it this year from start and my pitching difficulty is locked in at HOF+ and my hitting goes from HOF to Allstar +, my numbers once out of that early phase of rookie, veteran etc phase are now on par with where they should be simulation wise, I still get the same effects these great sliders provide and I get the stretches of slumps and hot streaks similar to real mlb and the familiar frustrations your having now are gone

What do you have to lose at this point right, good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ocotopath Traveler

PS4
The Show 18
COD:BLOPS 4

My Teams
Yankees, NY Giants, Knicks, Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #1962
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky2018
Create a new user profile, use these sliders and put the difficulty on Dynamic. You will get a handful of cheese games that shoot your stats up as it gets you back up to your actual playing level and settles in. Plus gets you back to the basics of pitch recognition as the will throw more meatballs and more way off the plate balls which get you out of that funk of swinging at bad pitches.

I did this first time last year and it worked wonders, been doing it this year from start and my pitching difficulty is locked in at HOF+ and my hitting goes from HOF to Allstar +, my numbers once out of that early phase of rookie, veteran etc phase are now on par with where they should be simulation wise, I still get the same effects these great sliders provide and I get the stretches of slumps and hot streaks similar to real mlb and the familiar frustrations your having now are gone

What do you have to lose at this point right, good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is really good advice and to add one piece to it. Play those first handful of games with the dynamic difficulty slider at 10 and do a couple of 'Play Now' games (heck, slant the sliders heavily in your favor). Basically, get yourself up to All Star level and then back everything off back to the OP and back the dynamic difficulty slider to like 2/3 until you "lock in" (You'll know because you will never quite move past that level).
Old 07-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #1963
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I think this is really good advice and to add one piece to it. Play those first handful of games with the dynamic difficulty slider at 10 and do a couple of 'Play Now' games (heck, slant the sliders heavily in your favor). Basically, get yourself up to All Star level and then back everything off back to the OP and back the dynamic difficulty slider to like 2/3 until you "lock in" (You'll know because you will never quite move past that level).
I was just going to say this exact same thing about playing 10 games in "play now" so you dont mess with the franchise numbers. Once locked in, I'd move the dynamic slider to 0 so it doesnt move off that.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #1964
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
I’m about to hang this game up and take about a 2 month break. I am so frustrated it isn’t even fun anymore. The last 15 games my batting average is .186 and BABIP is .197.

That is way more than a slump. The CPU has no problems getting hits. Hard hits always find the holes. I either hit a homerun or pop it up. If I do hit it hard it is right at someone. When I get a single my team runs out of the dugout and mobs him at first base it is so bad. I am tempted to go back to All Star. I tried lowering pitch speeds, raising solid hits. Now I have slideritis and this game isn’t fun anymore. I had a 3-1 lead against the Rays in the 7th inning. Severino gave up 6 runs in like 2 minutes. Please help.

Oh, I have been right where you are...when the replies of "it's just a slump, just stick with it" become downright insulting. I dropped to All Star, I varied pitch speeds, I tweaked sliders, I did a lot of different things; but regardless of what team I used, I was still "off". I knew it was something else, something more "global" - the camera.

I was using one of the Zoom cameras, which I love the look, but it is also looking downward. It was causing me major perception issues for low pitches; it took me longer to mentally process "is this low or not" and threw-off my swing timing. So, I was getting in a lot of bad counts or making poor contact on pitches I shouldn't have swung at. I was using a low vision team like you are, and the results spiraled quickly...all because my hitting camera was not working for me this year. I finally switched to retro cam, which has no vertical angle, and I can more easily 'read' the low pitches and oddly, I find it easier to time the pitches now.

So, ask yourself, are you having any sort of consistent pitch recognition issues? If so, some sort of an adjustment to your camera setting might do you more good than anything else. I'm sure that we can all offer you advice on the "best camera" and what we all think is utterly useless for you. Evaluate your own tendencies and ask yourself where you are having issues.

One final piece of advice: while you're still searching for the optimal setup - go back to solid hits at 5. It will reward you more for good decisions and timing - positive reinforcement. Once you're back in a groove, then you can decide for yourself if you want to go back to a lower value.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #1965
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
I did not fire my manager (yet) but I’m almost at the end of May and fired my hitting coach. My hitting in clutch situations has greatly improved since.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I’m starting my Yankees franchise over and fired my hitting coach before spring training as I noticed several hitters including Judge had low morale as a result of poor coaching. I hired that Delgado as my hitting coach and the morale of these players improved in the coaching area (still unhappy with contact situation).

Looking forward to starting my season tonight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #1966
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I dropped to All Star, I varied pitch speeds, I tweaked sliders, I did a lot of different things; but regardless of what team I used, I was still "off". I knew it was something else, something more "global" - the camera.
Yes, finding the right hitting or pitching view for you (including customizing it), is the first thing to do. I took this to heart in MLB15 when I finally just decided to change it up. That's why I hit from the pitcher view. I tried it - loved it, and haven't looked back since.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #1967
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

We are back at it with the 2017 Yankees Year 2 again. I had been away the last several weeks with baseball tournaments.

Will be hitting the All-Star Break by this weekend and the Hot Stove is on fire. I look forward to giving a full write up on the blockbuster deals that will be taking place around the league as the phones are ringing off the hook. What is also intense is the A.L. East Race is incredibly tight. The Yankees, Blue Jays, Orioles and Red Sox are all beating each other up. Even the Rays sit under 7 games back.

It will be interesting to see the moves that will be made. I can't see The Orioles moving Manny Machado as they sit 1.5 games back currently. However if things fall apart after the All-Star break a July 31st deal is not out of the question. But if the Orioles are within striking distance....they will have no choice but to stick it out and maybe even make a push for another Starter in the rotation to keep pace.

The Yankees did make their big move acquiring Justin Verlander from the Tigers. Keep in mind this is the Justin Verlander from MLB The Show 17 before his arrival to Houston. His ratings are not as rich as the Verlander in MLB 18. But he is still very solid. However the contract is brutal. It remains to be seen if he will retire after year 2...or stick around for year 3. But he is currently 35 years of age. Also we shall see what regression he has come the off-season. But the Yankees feel great about getting him even though they gave up a very good B prospect and CF Aaron Hicks (Brett Gardner is also slated to become a free agent and is also way up in age, although the Yankees are said to be very interested in retaining the lifetime Yankee).

Stay tuned for a huge update soon!!!

The OP is updated with the details of the Verlander trade.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-17-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #1968
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

~100 games in with A&S sliders. Still feels solid and varied but...

My Rockies just went on a 12 game tear, besting their franchise record by 1. We finally lost the 13th to a shaky Dodgers team.

During that streak, the AI felt push-over easy. It was like a switch had flipped and suddenly the AI couldn't hit and all I could do was launch dingers. Has anyone else struggled with hot streaks that feel a little unrealistic?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »