Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #2025
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Never mind, I see you have it set at 6 for summer games. My problem will be that I’ll forget to reset it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #2026
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

I’m starting to think maybe my reaction time just isn’t as good as it used to be. I have way, way too many guys hitting in the low .200’s and I’m now into June. I love everything about playing on Hall of Fame except the fact that I just don’t get enough hits. Instead of moving back down to All-Star hitting and risking possibly changing how the pitcher’s pitch among many other things, I’m considering one click up on contact. It says (if I’m not mistaken) that this will I crease batting averages. Has anyone done that? I just hate feeling like I’m giving myself and advantage over the computer though.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 08-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #2027
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I’m starting to think maybe my reaction time just isn’t as good as it used to be. I have way, way too many guys hitting in the low .200’s and I’m now into June. I love everything about playing on Hall of Fame except the fact that I just don’t get enough hits. Instead of moving back down to All-Star hitting and risking possibly changing how the pitcher’s pitch among many other things, I’m considering one click up on contact. It says (if I’m not mistaken) that this will I crease batting averages. Has anyone done that? I just hate feeling like I’m giving myself and advantage over the computer though.

Old eyes and slow reaction here.. I always use Armors sliders and I increased solid hits from 4 to 5 really made a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #2028
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfanwch
Old eyes and slow reaction here.. I always use Armors sliders and I increased solid hits from 4 to 5 really made a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, forgot to mention, that’s my one slider I already have different, both for me and the CPU. It’s set to 5 as well on my franchise. Still my team average is .252 (23rd in the Majors). It’s seemingly respectable but I just wish my big hitters were about 20 points higher on average.

Right now I’m 38-20, first in the NL Central by 4.0 games over the Brewers. Again, I may be making much to do about nothing but it’s just annoying to me. Here’s my averages from highest to lowest. My one good hitter has been Schwarber, who’s been the reason my team average isn’t .220.

Schwarber .306
Almora Jr. .262
Bryant .260
Happ .257
Rizzo .251
Russell .250
Contreras .244
Baez .240
Heyward .239
Zobrist .225
LaStella .197

As a team I’m 24th in total hits, 21st in doubles, but second in the Majors in home runs with 85.

I guess I should just try not to get hung up on batting averages. It’s just hard for me being such a stats junkie in baseball.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 08-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #2029
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Maybe try lowering pitch speeds by one click for fastball and offspeed?
Old 08-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #2030
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Maybe try lowering pitch speeds by one click for fastball and offspeed?

I’ve thought about that, but the problem I’ve found, as I’ve paid especially close attention to lately, is that the only time I’m getting good hits (at least 90% of the time) is when the ball is over the heart of the plate AND I have “good,” timing. If it’s a strike on the corner somewhere AND I have, “good,” timing... out.

For me, it just seems like there’s just not quite enough reward for timing the pitch well. Additionally, I need a slightly bigger window but don’t want to increase the timing slider because that would mean I’d strike out even less than I do now.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 08-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #2031
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I’ve thought about that, but the problem I’ve found, as I’ve paid especially close attention to lately, is that the only time I’m getting good hits (at least 90% of the time) is when the ball is over the heart of the plate AND I have “good,” timing. If it’s a strike on the corner somewhere AND I have, “good,” timing... out.

For me, it just seems like there’s just not quite enough reward for timing the pitch well. Additionally, I need a slightly bigger window but don’t want to increase the timing slider because that would mean I’d strike out even less than I do now.

Put all the human hitting sliders back to what they are in the OP then raise your timing slider by 1 or 2

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #2032
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Put all the human hitting sliders back to what they are in the OP then raise your timing slider by 1 or 2

The problem with that is likely to be a significant decrease in user strikeouts. I already am close to the lead in fewest strikeouts so I don’t want it to effect that area.

I played one game (yeah, I know super small sample size obviously) on All-Star last night and man, it just felt way too easy. I crushed the ball with little to no effort. I think I had 12-14 hits.

I also notice that the pitcher pounds the zone the lower the difficulty setting is. So that means less walks. Like I said before, I love everything about how the game plays (and especially how the CPU pitches) on Hall of Fame. I just need some more hits, which, partly I’m sure is user skill (or lack thereof). I really think my best bet is to just bump human contact up one click. I’m going to give that a try and see what happens.

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »