Home

TNK MLB 2018 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TNK MLB 2018 SLIDERS within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:13 PM   #17
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: TNK MLB 2018 SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Just curious what you have observed to lower outfield arm strength? Besides the obvious "their arm strength was too strong" haha. Is it only because you're lowering baserunner speed? I myself have been wondering if i should raise it, because I've played 13 or 14 games and I have only been thrown out tagging up, or thrown out at home from second a couple of times. Going first to third zero times..

Also what have you noticed to lower baserunner speed?

I always check the ratings of outfielder arms on plays like that and there have been some guys with plus arms. I'm not running on them with only the fast guys either, basically whoever is on base since I'm testing. My baserunner speed slider is at 4.

It may just be that I've had good luck and it will even out over time. Since 14 games is a tiny sample size for that, wanted to see what you and others are noticing at default or 4 or 3...
I lower fielder speed so things aren't as frantic.....likewise you need to adjust runner speed and throwing speed so things look right

I also feel like lowering the speeds produces more bloop hits, gappers that aren't rockets, etc.

All I can say is play some test games with the sliders from the vault plus the couple adjustments I have listed in the previous posts, report back on what you think
Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 AM   #18
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

I played my first game with these sliders tonight between the Rockies and Orioles. I didn't record stats but I'm going to start messing around with these every night from here on out. Are you going to go with zone hitting for sure this year TNK? I think I like zone better when playing with friends but for a realistic franchise I think directional might provide better numbers because it's more ratings based that all about stick skills. I've never been able to grind out a franchise in any MLB The Show game as it's time consuming. I've always been more of a RTTS guy but I think this year I'm going to make a change. I plan to try to play through an entire season in franchise, hopefully more, with my favorite team the St. Louis Cardinals. I really like the base of your set so I'm more than happy to start posting box scores daily. Together I'm sure we can perfect this set between now and the time we get a couple of patches to fix some early game bugs. I'm sure we're all waiting on the OSFM rosters as well.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:46 AM   #19
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

TNK - TESTING
Exhibition Game

Boston Red Sox (ME) @ Oakland A's (CPU)
Pitching Matchup - Drew Pomeranz vs Sean Manaea

Updated post #1 of thread to reflect the following changes
* ZONE HITTING
* Fielder Arm Strength Outfield down to 3
* Baserunner Speed down to 3

NOTE - I am considering doing some testing with the following changes and I'm curious what others think?
1) HOF Batting
2) HOF Pitching
3) Solid Hits down to 4 (to see if it creates more hit variety, choppers, bloops, flares, etc)
4) Pitch Speed up to 9 for fastball and offspeed

Boston Red Sox at Oakland Athletics
Mar 26, 2018123456789RHE
Boston (EXH)1002310108152
Oakland (EXH)0020100003100
W: Drew Pomeranz L: Sean Manaea
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSBOSOAK
BOS1Hanley Ramirez singled to CF (Betts scores)10
OAK3Marcus Semien 2-run HR to LF (Smolinski scores)12
BOS4Rafael Devers doubled to RF (Bogaerts scores)22
BOS4Christian Vazquez singled to CF (Devers scores)32
BOS5JD Martinez 2-run HR to LF (Ramirez scores) (464 feet)52
BOS5Rafael Devers solo HR to CF62
OAK5Matt Olson doubled to CF (Davis scores)63
BOS6Andrew Benintendi singled to LF (Betts scores)73
BOS8Andrew Benintendi doubled to RF (Betts scores)83
Boston Red Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Betts, RF5340000
Benintendi, LF5022010
Ramirez, 1B4121100
Martinez, DH5112021
Bogaerts, SS5110000
Devers, 3B4222101
Nunez, 2B5010000
Vazquez, C4011100
Bradley, CF3010000
TEAM TOTALS408158332
BATTING:
2B: Betts 2, Benintendi, Devers, Ramirez
HR: Martinez, Devers
RBI: Benintendi 2, Martinez 2, Devers 2, Ramirez, Vazquez
HBP: Bradley
GIDP: Benintendi, Vazquez
FIELDING:
E: Ramirez, Kimbrel
Oakland Athletics
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Semien, SS5112021
Pinder, CF5000030
Lowrie, 2B4020100
Davis, DH5120010
Olson, 1B4011110
Piscotty, RF5000000
CHapman, 3B4020020
Lucroy, C4000010
Smolinski, LF4120000
TEAM TOTALS4031032101
BATTING:
2B: Davis 2, Lowrie, Olson
HR: Semien
RBI: Semien 2, Olson
Boston Red Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Pomeranz (W)5.0833161
Hembree (H)2.0000010
Smith1.0100010
Kimbrel1.0000110
TEAM TOTALS9.010332101
Oakland Athletics
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Manaea (L)4.21166122
Petit2.1211210
Hendriks2.0211000
TEAM TOTALS9.01688332
Old 03-27-2018, 02:17 AM   #20
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaserck19
I played my first game with these sliders tonight between the Rockies and Orioles. I didn't record stats but I'm going to start messing around with these every night from here on out. Are you going to go with zone hitting for sure this year TNK? I think I like zone better when playing with friends but for a realistic franchise I think directional might provide better numbers because it's more ratings based that all about stick skills. I've never been able to grind out a franchise in any MLB The Show game as it's time consuming. I've always been more of a RTTS guy but I think this year I'm going to make a change. I plan to try to play through an entire season in franchise, hopefully more, with my favorite team the St. Louis Cardinals. I really like the base of your set so I'm more than happy to start posting box scores daily. Together I'm sure we can perfect this set between now and the time we get a couple of patches to fix some early game bugs. I'm sure we're all waiting on the OSFM rosters as well.
Yep.....waiting for OSFM unless some other full minors set of high quality falls into our lap. Each year that usually gives us more than enough time to play a ton of games and get the sliders honed in giving us realistic games with plenty of variety.

I want us to focus on the feel and flow of balls in play, speed of the ball off the bat, variety of hit types, flow of fielders moving in combination with speed of runners and throws, generating decent strike and walk numbers for Human and CPU, etc
Old 03-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #21
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Yep.....waiting for OSFM unless some other full minors set of high quality falls into our lap. Each year that usually gives us more than enough time to play a ton of games and get the sliders honed in giving us realistic games with plenty of variety.

I want us to focus on the feel and flow of balls in play, speed of the ball off the bat, variety of hit types, flow of fielders moving in combination with speed of runners and throws, generating decent strike and walk numbers for Human and CPU, etc
I'll definitely keep a focus on those aspects of the game a report back with what I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #22
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

Long time follower, thanks again for another year of your work.

Appreciate your camera and uploading the shots of it - been playing with your view for years and look forward to getting home and setting it up for another year today.

Die Hard Yankee Fan appreciating a Sox Guy. What a world!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi TNK,

Long time user of your slider, and always thanks for doing this.

I really like the idea of HOF-Pitching/Batting.
Last 2 years, I used your exact slider with HOF-Pitching/Batting, it worked like a charm.
More challenging, more dynamic feels of the game.
Also, stat-wise it is more realistic than All-star considering the game becomes too easy as the experiences piles up.

You can definitely try to look into it.

Thanks.

Last edited by yocarter; 03-27-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #24
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

I'm going to try a couple of games tonight with HOF batting (directional)/HOF pitching and see how the game plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »