Home

MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #33
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Slide

Ok I think your sliders are perfect and I am not going to touch anything!

I had my most fun game recently the yankees and Blue Jays (still playing all the opening day games)

This time I hit some homers. with Judge and Stanton. I was in cruise control leading 3-1 then Diaz hit a 2 run homer. it was 3-3. I managed to get to the lead in the top of the 7th with a 2 out single by Stanton. then Green and Chapman finished it off and I won 4-3 in a very tense finish.

The most fun game I have had so far this game. I was worried about the lack of homers but after this game now I am not. it means it has the perfect variety in every game so far.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #34
MVP

Houston's Arena

Re: MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Ok I think your sliders are perfect and I am not going to touch anything!

I had my most fun game recently the yankees and Blue Jays (still playing all the opening day games)

This time I hit some homers. with Judge and Stanton. I was in cruise control leading 3-1 then Diaz hit a 2 run homer. it was 3-3. I managed to get to the lead in the top of the 7th with a 2 out single by Stanton. then Green and Chapman finished it off and I won 4-3 in a very tense finish.

The most fun game I have had so far this game. I was worried about the lack of homers but after this game now I am not. it means it has the perfect variety in every game so far.

Thanks for still help test and share your type of games. I don't see any changes necessary after patch 1.04. So far everything is playing extremely well.

How can you not hit HRS with the Yankees LMAO...J/K.

I have seen guys complaining about walks, pitch counts and pitchers not being pulled, but I'm not sure what game there playing but I see all of that in the games I have played and streamed.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #35
MVP

Houston's Arena

Well this game I am streaming now Iwakuma has thrown 85 pitches by the 3rd inning. Something to keep my eye on and ANGELS are winning 6-1.

Will be interesting if they send Iwakuma back out there.

I am going to watch this game closely and test a handful more before I raise the HOOK up. I am thinking of raising the HOOK slider because the MARINERS did send Iwakuma back out there in the 4th in a 6-1 game with 90 pitches thrown. I was not seeing this before the patch 1.04 came out.

I am going to let this game finish out to see what the end results are, but going to play same exact game again but with Manager Hook raised.

EDIT: Alright I am closing out of this gamer I seen enough there has to be a adjustment made to Manager Hook. Nicasio hit a batter, walk a batter and with bases loaded still is pitching, no mound visit or anything.

I will make the change and test some games and report what the change will be.

Last edited by Houston; 03-26-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #36
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Yeah I think manager hook actually works this year and was broken last year.. which is a good thing.

that game I was talking about 4-3 Happ he was hooked in about the 7th innings but he had 95 pitches the score was 3-3. I think if the score was 3-0 however perhaps the CPU would have kept him in there forever until I scored. Always been my frustrating with CPU BP logic it goes by the score rather then the pitch count and fatigue.

I don't see a huge issue with starters being hooked but I do however with RP.. most of the time the CPU has them go 2 innings. sometimes even trys a 3rd innings when they are over 30 pitches. these days it's rare they pitch for more then 3 outs unless they are those long innings eaters like Warren Phelps etc
Old 03-27-2018, 04:41 AM   #37
Rookie

I was wondering about manager hook after the patch. The Nats left their pitcher (Roark) in against me for the entire game and over 120 pitches. Never seen that before here.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #38
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
I was wondering about manager hook after the patch. The Nats left their pitcher (Roark) in against me for the entire game and over 120 pitches. Never seen that before here.
I am still testing some things out. I don't want to change to much because it has played incredible, but agree the SP pitchers are staying in way to long especially when they got knocked around.

Another thing I'm keeping my eye on is the pitch count is sorta high I seen Ohtani pitch 4.1 innings and threw 90 pitches.

I like where everything else is at. Seeing a realistic amount of errors, Hits, HRS, Walks etc but the Pitch Counts is concerning.

Last edited by Houston; 03-27-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #39
Rookie

I agree, it's been fantastic so far. I bumped up the hook slider by one and thus far it has been much improved, but the sample size is still a little too small.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #40
MVP

Houston's Arena

Alright guys I am happy to announce these my work is done here for right now. I am very pleased with the results these sliders NOW provide.

The front page has been updated and you will notice the changes in Red.

First and for most the are meant for Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching.

The changes that were made and to why the change is explained below.

HUM TIMING: I raised this back to 4 to match the CPU I am always a global slider make and I believe whatever I am on the CPU should be on as well. I do not try to make the CPU better or less in some areas.

PITCH CONTROL: I moved this to 7 because of the larger pitch counts I was seeing before and works very well with CLASSIC pitching. What I was aiming for I feel like I accomplished with realistic STRIKE % for the starting pitchers. See Below. I will post images of a game that it was spot on in the next message I put out.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/player-stat/strike-pct

PITCHER CONSISTENCY: I moved this to 5 to compensate with PITCH CONTROL. You will still hit an occasional batter or the CPU will. I feel the changes to both of these offer such a better realistic result now.

CPU STRIKE FREQUENCY: This should remain at 5 to go with the 2 above.

Raising this makes the CPU throw more early strikes, lowering this makes the CPU throw more early balls. In my opinion, lowering this slider makes the balls seen early in count feel artificial. Depending on this slider to net you more walks is a bad idea because it will put the CPU behind in the count too often,thus giving you to many hit-table pitches throughout the game as the CPU will be down in the count 2-0, 3-1 too often.

Also, this slider has no affect later in the count s it doesn't affect how often the CPU will actually throw ball 4. I suggest keeping this slider at default while using CPU pitcher control and consistency to get the CPU pitching realistically.

MANAGER HOOK:
This was set way to low before I moved this to default 5 and works perfectly this year.
ERRORS: I didn't change any of these, I like where these are at everything plays out very realistically. Keep in mind all games have been played in PLAY NOW if your in franchise where I will soon be testing these out there, but if theirs a crazy amount of errors then we will adjust.

These are will be the recommended set until more patches come out. I am happy with where we are at with these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »