Home

Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

This is a discussion on Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #25
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Classic pitching the ratings off the pitcher matter more

I may try this also. I've always used the meter but I am BIG on ratings being the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 06:34 PM   #26
Rookie

Just booted up to plug in the sliders and saw 1.05 dropped today. Hopefully it won't throw to much off.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #27
Rookie

Just read the patch notes. It says that a slight increase to pitch speed was made.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Cant wait to try these. I was using directional/classic, but just didn't feel like I was having any personal successful input or lack there if. Tried zone/meter and it was the complete opposite feeling. If that makes sense.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Hey man, I've been keeping up with your thread since you started it, I just haven't commented. I just have a question regarding realism. Do you mostly go by feel, where it just feels realistic and go with that, or do you measure stats, like babip, extra base hit percentages, etc.? I would have already tried yours had I not already started testing my own personal set. I may try yours tonight or tomorrow if I can make time.
For the most part I go by feel. For example, on version 2 of the sliders, I noticed I had 9 hits in one game and all 9 were singles. That felt off so I made a small change. I also don't post changes until I've played at least a few games with them, just so I know they're ok. I'm gonna post volume 4 in a minute, I made a few changes since the last patch dropped.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #30
Banned

Hey Fellas, so I've posted volume 4 of my sliders based on patch 1.05. Please note, I marked these as BETA because I've only played one game with them so far which I don't think is enough to kinda make them an official release. With that said, here are the changes I made:

- User Timing from 2 to 3 - for some reason, since the latest patch, making contact seems a bit harder. I was striking out a bit too much and hitting too many foul balls on pitches I thought should've been fair so I raised this.
- CPU Manager Hook from 5 to 6 - I was hesitant to change this, but I've noticed the CPU leaving their starters in for upwards of 110 pitches even after giving up anywhere from 3-6 runs. The manager wasn't utilizing his bullpen enough so I raised this.
- Fastball & Offspeed Pitch Speed from 10 to 7 - the patch notes clearly say pitch speed has been increased and it has, so I lowered the slider.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealos1
Exactly same as you. Except I use analog hitting because I found it a bit more immersive and enjoyable. I’ve been using these sliders with pitch speed at 7 and life is great! Love these sliders and will be sticking with them. I don’t draw a lot of walks though.

Big fan of dynamic skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I average about 2-3 walks per game with the current set. You can draw walks, but you really need to know the strike zone. If you find yourself swinging a bit too freely, try lowering the pitch speed one notch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #32
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

I just put these in, but it has pitch location or whatever it is off, so I can't aim where I want the ball to go. This makes it a complete crapshoot on where my pitch will go based on how good I hit the meter. Is this the intention?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »