Home

Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

This is a discussion on Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

I imagine most of you have seen my sliders posted here on an annual basis since around 2013. This year is no exception. As I mentioned many years ago, I tend to find any difficulty under Legend simply not as challenging as I would like it to be. I like the CPU to play smart, urgent baseball. I like the CPU to try to nip corners with the occasional mistake, not to throw batting practice. I want the CPU to act as if you're playing another user who's trying to win a game. I've always felt the lower difficulty levels simply don't play urgently and efficiently. With that, I bring you my annual Legend sliders.

As I do every year, these sliders are designed for REALISM. I understand this is on Legend difficulty and the CPU tends to get boosts on higher difficulty levels. These sliders are designed for a competitive atmosphere while maintaining realism. If you want to go 130-32, these sliders aren't for you. If you want to fight and claw your way to the top of the division with a chance of not making the playoffs, you've come to the right place.

These sliders were designed to be used with Zone Button Hitting and Meter Pitching. I imagine they could be used with Analog pitching, but I don't play with it, therefore I will only tune them for use with the Meter. So here we go...

As this is volume 1, I left certain sliders at default if I haven't sufficiently tested yet.

Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Volume 17 as of 5/31/2018 based on patch 1.10

Batting & Baserunning
Hitting Difficulty - Legend
Hitting Interface - Zone
Input Type - Buttons
Analog Type - Flick (doesn't matter, this isn't analog hitting)
Plate Coverage Indicator - Off
PCI Appearance - Dynamic (User Choice)
Camera Shift - On
Hitting View - Retro (User Choice)
In Play View Offense - Dynamic (User Choice)
Ball Trail - Off
Guess Pitch - Off
Baserunning Decisions - Assist

Advanced:
Baserunning Interface - Default
Sliding Decisions - Assist
Runner Windows - On

Pitching
Pitching Difficulty - Legend
Pitching Interface - Meter
Pulse Meter Display - Default (doesn't matter, this doesn't use Pulse pitching)
Pitch Feedback - On
Pitching View - Broadcast (User Choice)
Pitching Ball Marker - Off
Pitch Confidence - On

Advanced:
Pitch Delay - Normal (User Choice)
API - Default

Fielding
Throwing Interface - Button Accuracy
RTTS Throwing Interface - Buttons (I don't play RTTS)
Throwing Meter - On
Throwing Difficulty - Hall of Fame (this is not Legend because Legend throwing difficulty yields too many errors due to the very small yellow area on the meter)
Fielding Decision - Assist
Throwing Decision - Off
In Play View Defense - Broadcast (User Choice)
Throw Cancelling - On
One Button Dive/ Jump - Off (User Choice)

Advanced
Catch Position Indicator - On
Defensive Shift - Auto

General
Strike Zone - Off
Hot Zones - Off
Warm Up Relievers - On
Dynamic Difficulty Updates - Progress (doesn't matter, this isn't dynamic difficulty)
Tutorial Tips - Off
Batting Tips - Locked
Baserunning Tips - Locked
Pitching Tips - Locked
Fielding Tips - Locked
Post Game Auto Save - Off (User Choice)

Advanced
Scorebar Display - On
Pitch Select Display - On
Swing/ Pitch Info - On
Balks - Off (CPU can't balk so why should we be able to?)
Umpire Accuracy - Personalized (User Choice)
Umpire Close Plays - On (User Choice)
Check Swing Appeals - On (User Choice)
Injuries - On
Ejections - On
Vibration - Off (User Choice)
Game Log Order - Default (User Choice)

Sliders:
Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - 5
Human Contact - 4
Human Power - 5
Human Timing - 4
Human Foul Frequency - 3
Human Solid Hits - 3
Human Starter Stamina - 5
Human Reliever Stamina - 5
Human Pitcher Control - 3
Human Pitcher Consistency - 3
CPU Contact - 4
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 5
CPU Foul Frequency - 3
CPU Solid Hits - 3
CPU Starter Stamina - 5
CPU Reliever Stamina - 5
CPU Pitcher Control - 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Strike Frequency - 5
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 3
Fastball Pitch Speed - 7
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 7
Fielding Errors Infield - 7
Fielding Errors Outfield - 6
Throwing Errors Infield - 5
Throwing Errors Outfield - 5
Fielder Run Speed - 3
Fielder Reaction - 3
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 5
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5
Baserunner Speed - 5
Baserunner Steal Ability - 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 5
Injury Frequency - 5
Trade Frequency - 5

Last edited by Padgoi; 05-31-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Version 17
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Padgoi's MLB The Show 18 Legend Sliders - Zone Batting/ Meter Pitching

I will preface my comment by saying HOF is as high a level as I've played so far this year. But I've been waiting for your slider set to come out. Last year I alternated between yours and Mike's and enjoyed both.

So far on HOF default I have been happy with hitting and number of runs scored (avg about 5 per game), hitting the ball in the gaps for XBs to all fields, but I can't hit many HRs. 2 HRs in about 7-8 games. I know, small sample size but I'm worried about the jump to Legend in this regard. Do you feel like HUM power is acceptable?

Also baserunner speed seems way too fast to me. Anyway, I'm headed home to plug these in and play a game or 2 on Legend. Thanks
Old 03-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
Banned

I think the latest patch 1.04 really made pitches more floaty so I've uploaded volume 2 to the vault and am editing the original post with a few changes.

As for the above question, thanks for using my sliders. I am currently happy with power the way I have it configured in my sliders. I've had games with no jacks, I've had games with up to 4. I think you're gonna be ok with these my man.

Let me know what you think of volume 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Played my first legend game using volume 2 sliders. A's at Orioles (me). So I was worried about power. The first pitch I see from Kendall Graveman I hit out of the park with Tim Beckham. 388 foot HR to left center. haha. Then hit one out with Chris Davis in the 2nd inning. I struck out 7 A's in 6 innings with Dylan Bundy. Gave up 2 runs thru 6. But then my bullpen fell apart in the 7th and 8th innings giving up 6 runs and the 2 homers is all I could muster on offense and I lost 8-2.

I struggled with the pitch speed at 8 I think. Also I hate the strike zone camera(used the show 15 camera for the A's/Orioles game) from an aesthetics standpoint but I hit so much better. So I started another game Brewers at Mets (me). Played 1 inning with pitch speed at 5 and strike zone camera and had 4 hits in the first inning. I'm gonna tinker with the pitch speed but overall I like the sliders. Gotta play some more games!!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle1212
Played my first legend game using volume 2 sliders. A's at Orioles (me). So I was worried about power. The first pitch I see from Kendall Graveman I hit out of the park with Tim Beckham. 388 foot HR to left center. haha. Then hit one out with Chris Davis in the 2nd inning. I struck out 7 A's in 6 innings with Dylan Bundy. Gave up 2 runs thru 6. But then my bullpen fell apart in the 7th and 8th innings giving up 6 runs and the 2 homers is all I could muster on offense and I lost 8-2.

I struggled with the pitch speed at 8 I think. Also I hate the strike zone camera(used the show 15 camera for the A's/Orioles game) from an aesthetics standpoint but I hit so much better. So I started another game Brewers at Mets (me). Played 1 inning with pitch speed at 5 and strike zone camera and had 4 hits in the first inning. I'm gonna tinker with the pitch speed but overall I like the sliders. Gotta play some more games!!
Lowering pitch speed to 5 is going to elicit too much offense. I'd lower it no more than one notch, to 7. You still want strikeouts and offense to be realistic. Pitch speed keeps it realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
Pro

Have everything the same except I use classic pitching. I’m three games I’m seeing nkt ebough hits or runs scored without homeruns. Most all runs are scored via the homerun
Old 03-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Lowering pitch speed to 5 is going to elicit too much offense. I'd lower it no more than one notch, to 7. You still want strikeouts and offense to be realistic. Pitch speed keeps it realistic.
Makes sense. I'm gonna increase pitch speed in smaller increments. Will try it on 6 in my next game then increase.

I feel good about everything else so far
Old 03-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Have everything the same except I use classic pitching. I’m three games I’m seeing nkt ebough hits or runs scored without homeruns. Most all runs are scored via the homerun
What's the advantage in your mind to using classic pitching vs the others as far as gameplay or realism or both? Just wondering cause I've never tried it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »