Home

FenwayMac 2018 Variety Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Variety Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #9
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FenwayMac 2018 Variety Sliders

Yes, most people are having an easier time hitting this year. First time ever that I have moved up from All Star hitting to HOF.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quick update:

First of all, I have moved my hitting settings up to HOF. For those of you nervous about this, I would not sweat it. Within moments of switching it looked and felt like All-Star from last year. Hitting is just a bit too easy on All-Star this season. My plan is to use HOF and buff it a bit to balance it.

Next: I want to give a tip of the cap to TNK. I feel his HOF hitting settings are pretty dang close to where I was heading with testing. The increase in contact and power with a decrease in timing and solid hitting keeps your hitters in a challenging but not overwhelming situation. I may still end up tweaking a bit (and will let you know if I do), but if you just want a good offense to try out, I recommend giving his a go!

On the defensive side of the ball is still a work in progress for me. This game is maddening to tweak a good balance between stupidly good and completely stagnant. I am continuing to work on the balance.

Rest assured I have spent a good amount of late nights and early mornings on this. Keep plugging!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
Rookie

Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing what you come up with Fenway ! Thanks for your hard work also
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 05:01 AM   #12
Pro

Latest Update:

I am excited to report that I believe I have finally hit on a good combination of sliders that is producing consistent hit type percentages and scoring variety. Took awhile to figure out how to balance the ridiculous CPU hitting on HOF as well as tweaked the human hitting a bit as well.

I want to test this set for one more day, but if all holds up well, I will definitely get a set out on Sunday!
Old 04-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #13
Pro

Hi guys. Sliders are now posted in post #1 as well as in the vault. Thanks for your patience. Please download and rate. I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #14
Pro

Just wanted to give some of my thoughts on my slider settings for this year.

As a quick re-hash for those not familiar with my sliders. i try hone is HUM and CPU hitting the best I can to match up with the real-life hit type percentages of the MLB. In this instance I ran the final stats from 2017 and percentages (from 1b-hr). If you get a chance to balance out the hit types, it also should affect HOW your runs are scored. Too often I have seen runs only by single or HR, which can tend to get stale. The idea of these sliders is to counteract that.

I switched to HOF this season after trying in vane to hone in the All-Star settings. It was just too easy to hit, which is really weird because normally it is the other way around that needs balancing. I assure you that if you are used to All-Star from last year, you will do fine with HOF this year. Give it a go.

Unfortunately, HOF pitching is a whole other animal. Give the CPU a chance that they will tear you up in ridiculous fashion. Much of my attention was turned towards toning them down a bit, but still making them a formidable opponent. Here are some generally important settings I found for HUM, CPU as well as fielding thoughts:

HUMAN Settings

Overall, when you raise up to a higher level, you need to buff the human sliders a bit. in this instance that is the POWER slider, which I bumped up 1. Before the bump, I was hitting a ton of singles all over the place. I played with contact a bit, but my percentages were way too high, so back to default seems to keep me around 8-11 hits a game. As a future adjustment, lowering contact again might be necessary if it becomes to easy, but it is important to keep power where it is to get the appropriate hit percentages.

Pitch Consistency is a huge slider to understand. MY understanding is that it controls how often a pitch, otherwise perfectly executed, gets murdered by the CPU. How often have you looked a the pitch results of pitch the computer just hammered, only to see that there is no freaking way it should have ever been hit? That's the consistency. If you pitch right on the corner, but have a low consistency slider, you can totally through a meatball. So the idea here is that if you are dominating the opponent, maybe drop a click, but if it is the other way around, raise a click. Don't go too wild with this one.

IF you are looking to throw more walks or make it harder to hit your target, then pitch control is the one you want to adjust. I have mine set at 3 and I am tossing 3-5 walks a game. I also recommending making your pitch meter smaller in order to make pitching more challenging. Long story short, these are really important sliders and can dramatically affect your end experience.

Strike/Ball Ratio I have set at 4. I am averaging 2.5 walks a game. I feel that default would probably be fine, but I also would like to be rewarded for my patience, so if the computer is more prone to throw off the plate and I can identify and lay off, then I feel good about being rewarded with a walk.

If you need more walks DO NOT adjust CPU pitcher consistency for the same reasons listed above. You will see way more meatballs. IF you want to fiddle with CPU pitching, then I suggest the CPU Pitcher Control. pitch control affects location, pitch consistency makes more of those pitches garbage.

CPU

CPU Contact: Lowered to 4. Seems harsh but makes the difference. Basically it feels like at a higher difficulty level, the computer hit averages shoot way up, but not necessarily with the power. Thus I raised CPU Power to 7 (crazy, right?), and lowered contact to compensate. To be honest, this may still need to drop to 3 at some point, but I am giving it a go for now.

Timing is also important: you want to look post-pitch and see that the computer really guessed poorly on location from time to time. This will net you more K's and poorly hit balls by the computer. Should help you pitch your way to 8-13 K's a game if you pitch well (corners, corners, corners, but mix up pitch type and locations. DON'T follow the advice of your catcher, he is trying to screw you).

Pitcher control and consistency are discussed about.

Pitch speed. Set to where you feel comfortable, but I will say that if you are having trouble spraying to all fields, I suggest moving up or down to balance. I landed on 6.

manager hook i moved up to 6. I noticed that I was shelling starters and they would stay out there way too long.

Stamina? I set both CPU and HUM to 5 for starters and 3 for relievers. I feel that I want my guys to be gassed right around 100 pitches.

FIELDING

Okay, so the idea on fielding is I was the attributes of the cream of the crop to stand out. Thus I try to balance run speed fielders and baserunners, as well as throwing speed. the only acception was a stronger arm for outfielders because i felt they are at a bit of a disadvantage. But in the instance of a hitter hitting to 3b and running to first, I balanced infield arm power to baserunner speed. If the runner is faster, he might be able to run one out at first.

same goes for steals. Let the skill set of the runner determine the success.

Anyways, that's just a few thoughts. Happy to discuss any of this in more detail if you have questions.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #15
Rookie

Only 1 game so very limited insight but I lost 3-2 in 11 innings on opening day to the Padres. Great game and everything felt great . I (Brewers) had 6 hits including 2 doubles and a 2 run Homer from Santana in the 4th inning . Gave up the 3 runs on 7 hits with 2 homers given up. First Homer was by wil Myers on a line drive off the 3rd base bag that I badly miss played into a inside the park Homer lol.
So far so good Fenway ! Thanks again , will post when I get a bigger sample size
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewers 15
Only 1 game so very limited insight but I lost 3-2 in 11 innings on opening day to the Padres. Great game and everything felt great . I (Brewers) had 6 hits including 2 doubles and a 2 run Homer from Santana in the 4th inning . Gave up the 3 runs on 7 hits with 2 homers given up. First Homer was by wil Myers on a line drive off the 3rd base bag that I badly miss played into a inside the park Homer lol.
So far so good Fenway ! Thanks again , will post when I get a bigger sample size
Sounds good! Keep on sharing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »