Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #33
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18

BYU until I sort out this timing issue I moved mine up to 5. I added in my modifiers which I will eventually post on my blog after a few games.

I lost the 2nd game 4-2. I finally got on the board with some hits vs Boston.

I was out hit 10-7
Boston was 10-33, 3 BB, 6K
B-More was 7-33, 2 BB, 11 K (down from 15 last game)

We each had 3 doubles, 0 triples, and 0 HR

I have decided to roll wind for each game with the exception of indoor of course: a roll of 11 = 1 and roll of 12 =0; I rolled a 4 for the game so that is what is was. I believe altering the wind game to game makes a difference from what I have seen since I started using this method 2 years ago.

I drew my three cards and applied the following modifiers to your sliders for the game just prior to the first pitch.

1. +1 Pitch Consis. CPU
2. +1 Reaction
3. -1 Solid Hit CPU

I definitely like your slider set and the HOF classic pitching style as well. I played on AS for the most part last year, I but I believe this year's game has stepped it and and closed the game with getting good games that are starting to model that of real game play based on how good or how bad a player actually is.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachModer
BYU until I sort out this timing issue I moved mine up to 5. I added in my modifiers which I will eventually post on my blog after a few games.

I lost the 2nd game 4-2. I finally got on the board with some hits vs Boston.

I was out hit 10-7
Boston was 10-33, 3 BB, 6K
B-More was 7-33, 2 BB, 11 K (down from 15 last game)

We each had 3 doubles, 0 triples, and 0 HR

I have decided to roll wind for each game with the exception of indoor of course: a roll of 11 = 1 and roll of 12 =0; I rolled a 4 for the game so that is what is was. I believe altering the wind game to game makes a difference from what I have seen since I started using this method 2 years ago.

I drew my three cards and applied the following modifiers to your sliders for the game just prior to the first pitch.

1. +1 Pitch Consis. CPU
2. +1 Reaction
3. -1 Solid Hit CPU

I definitely like your slider set and the HOF classic pitching style as well. I played on AS for the most part last year, I but I believe this year's game has stepped it and and closed the game with getting good games that are starting to model that of real game play based on how good or how bad a player actually is.

Nice and I love your modifiers, looking forward to those again! I would agree that play attributes come into play more. I have been dead on with pitches over the center of the plate, but a little high with both Stanton and Judge and missed them. You can see the timing is there, but I swung under the pitch. Another time with Judge I swung late on a slider that was a bit outside, but slightly up and wrapped it around the right field foul pole. Love these little nuances.

Getting the release point of the X button down on your pitchers is so vital and I love that they all vary a bit. The timing will come to you. I started on pitch speed 5 with 4 timing and moved speed up from there over moving timing, eventually settling at 7 pitch speed. I get fastballs blown by me now at times, but when I do connect it feels like a true reward.

Thanks as always for the feedback!
Old 04-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #35
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

In my 3rd preseason game the O's lost 9-1 to Detroit

O's had 7-33 hitting, 2 2B, 0 3B, and 0 HR, 3 BB and 6 K -Getting better here.
Tigers had 15-39 hitting, 3 2B, 0 3B, and 2 HR, and 6 BB and 3 K

Modifiers were:

Wind 8
Reaction +1
FLD Run -1
Pitch Cont -1 HUM

I noticed the fielders are running pretty decent in the OF with a speed. I didn't realize that my timing for the CPU was on 5 BYU-14 has 4. I believe this is making a difference in the CPU. Something I want to track, but I think 4 may be the way to go. In three games so far they seemed to be hitting pretty good but nothing out of the ordinary for an MLB team. I don't think my -1 pitch con helped, but that is what make the modifiers unique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #36
Rookie

Yanks were 5-1 starting a series with the Orioles, lost the first two to fall to 5-3 now.

Game 1
BAL 5-9-1
NYY 3-6-0
BAL: 2B-1, BB-5, K-10
NYY: 2B-1, HR-1, BB-3, K-8
Good game, Sevy was shaky early though and couldn't pull it back

Game 2
BAL 9-12-0
NYY 6-12-1
BAL: HR-4, BB-6, K-7
NYY: 2B-2, HR-1, BB-5, K-9
Sonny Gray was mauled, giving up 3 long balls in three innings, including a slam. Trailed 8-2 entering the 8th, got to the Baltimore Pen for 4, highlighted by a 3 run blast from Greg Bird, but the O's scored 1 in the 9th and then slammed the door to hold on.

So coming off a complete game win by Montgomery, my two best pitchers both struggle, good stuff.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #37
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

So far I知 liking these sliders! Great work! I did make some personal changes due to me not being very good. I moved timing for user up to 5, cpu contact down to 5. Pitch speed both at 5. Besides that I知 using op. I moved contact to 5 for cpu because it felt like they hit anything. 5 seems to be a good balance for me. It shows in my next two games. I had it at 6 for the 0-10 loss and it just felt off and too hard.

Down 0-2 in series. Third game was a comeback, walk off sacrifice fly to win it 7-6 in bottom 10th. 1-2. Final game was a 7-6 win again. Comeback. Bottom 9th, down 5-6. 2 outs. Pinch hitter. First ball, homerun! Bottom 12th. Double by miller, followed by wild pitch to third. Zunio swings and hits it towards third base. Miller runs for home and 3rd base man throws inaccurate and we win it.

Stats have been good so far. It would致e been 9 strikeouts for cpu, 7 for me, 3 walks for me, 3 walks for cpu if that final game. But since we went to the 12th innings, stats did inflate a little. But most important, it was a lot of fun and I loved it haha. I値l keep plugging along with these and if I keep getting good variety I知 locking in with these settings.

Great work man! I値l keep you updated on how things going in my mariners franchise with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #38
Banned

Played a game in my franchise with these. I'm the Indians vs the royals it was Bauer vs Hammel. I won 6-5. Scored 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th. 1 via sac fly from encarnacion with bases loaded 1 out. Hit it to dead center warning Track. Then a wild pitch. Then a kipnis 3 run homer.

I walked 3 and struck out 9
Hit 2 batters and 1 wild pitch.
2 weird fielding errors for me.

Cpu walked 3 struck out 6
2 hit by pitch.
0 errors

9 hits total for them 6 hits total for me. All in all pretty decent for the first game one thing I did notice that was off was every hit even out by the Royals was just absolutely smoked off the bat
Old 04-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #39
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
So far I知 liking these sliders! Great work! I did make some personal changes due to me not being very good. I moved timing for user up to 5, cpu contact down to 5. Pitch speed both at 5. Besides that I知 using op. I moved contact to 5 for cpu because it felt like they hit anything. 5 seems to be a good balance for me. It shows in my next two games. I had it at 6 for the 0-10 loss and it just felt off and too hard.

Down 0-2 in series. Third game was a comeback, walk off sacrifice fly to win it 7-6 in bottom 10th. 1-2. Final game was a 7-6 win again. Comeback. Bottom 9th, down 5-6. 2 outs. Pinch hitter. First ball, homerun! Bottom 12th. Double by miller, followed by wild pitch to third. Zunio swings and hits it towards third base. Miller runs for home and 3rd base man throws inaccurate and we win it.

Stats have been good so far. It would致e been 9 strikeouts for cpu, 7 for me, 3 walks for me, 3 walks for cpu if that final game. But since we went to the 12th innings, stats did inflate a little. But most important, it was a lot of fun and I loved it haha. I値l keep plugging along with these and if I keep getting good variety I知 locking in with these settings.

Great work man! I値l keep you updated on how things going in my mariners franchise with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I made the same changes, because it was been a while since I was on the game. I moved the CPU down to 5 contact, pitch speeds to 5 and timing up to 5....so far so good and I use modifiers too that enhance the game play with both + and - adjusted to the sliders. Great Slider set to say the least!
Old 04-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #40
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Go Orioles!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »